Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

So far these haven't poisoned ANYTHING successfully. I've shot 3-6 times in quick succession, depending on the mob, and poison effect never occurs. Does anyone know where in the game Poison Arrows are actually useful?

I'm about to kill the final boss.
Poison is useless in this game, it deals only 2-3 damage per tick. In dark souls 2 poison is freaking op, since it deal damage based on % of your hp. If you want to status in this game, use bleed
This !!!!!! It's been driving me crazy. Tested them and the throwing daggers and neither work on anything I've used them on. Broken perhaps?

lentinant

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Completely useless against most enemies, since you need to put like 6-10 arrows to start poison, which takes around 3 health per tick.
Seems to be much more efficient with short bows
Which deals 540 damage over 3 minutes. Might be usefull during PvP. Inflict poison and make the fight draw out a bit.
Considering most people have 1000-1500 hp, it's quite something.

It can be cured with a moss or miracle, but it lets your opponent open for punishment, and you can prevent it by carefully putting pression on him.

It has its uses.
Just like bleed you need luck stats to make it more effective i guess
Tried using these against the Hawkwood fight. Dude looked like a pin-cushion but still didn't get poisoned.
Unfortunately, these didn't get the poison build up buff that most other weapons got... not very useful for building poison, even when using the rapid fire from the shortbow/composite bow. Better to just use rotten pine resin on a weapon and poison things that way.
After shooting more than 20 arrows into the Champion's Gravetender I have come to the conclusion that these are troll items sold by patches to people too lazy to use a proper poisoning method.
if you manage to apply poison with these the poison tick will only do 3 damage vs 7 damage if applied with a weapon or pine resin

robjoneill

Casual
Convict

Souls: 900.00
Wiki Edits: 170
Added Poison buildup per hit
The poison triggered by this thing is special. It lasts 180 seconds, decreasing hp by 0.07*maxhp+3 each second. The effects of other poison sources except the staff one last 90 seconds, hp-=0.07*maxhp+7 per sec.