Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Both can be killed safely with bow. First one stands up, when you come to ledge on second floor. Just come out, wait until he stands up, and shoot his head. Most arrows deal good damage in head, normal ones will do around 140 damage, if you got 15+ agility. You will encounter second one on first floor. While he sits, you deal almost no damage. Lock target on any of his legs, and come closer, until he stands uo, shoot 1-2 arrows, and roll back to be not hit by water he throws. Repeat until he is dead, and deal with occasional slimes, which may come close enough to you.
It's even easier if you use Sorceries or even Pyromancy. You'll need 4-5 hits to kill any of them and if you carry Firebombs the slimes will pose no threat at all. 5 Firebombs will do, but if you really want to cheese and kill all the slimes (even the ones that don't get close to you using the hit-and-run strategy) 14 will be more than enough.

Just remeber to clear the enemies outside the mud, above all else if you are embered, since you will be invaded by a NPC phantom.
Eliminate all of the enemies around the giants before engaging.

Aim to run in as close to their feet as possible. Try to stay behind one of their heels. Their slam attack with their hand can connect with you if you are underneath them. Their stomp attack poses the biggest threat when locking on to their feet.

Otherwise, two hand and swing away as your close enough to either foot. They will eventually drop. They give about 4400 souls a piece in the the first run through of the game.
If you kill a giant in your play through the friendly Giant Sniper will stop being friendly.
If you have help you can get your co op to agro the giant beyond the gates then flip the switch locking them away from their spawn locations so you can easily grab the items/doorways they are guarding.
Lowering the gates and running away will cause them to go back to their original positions.
Locking the second Cathederal Giant the opposite side to where he starts provides easy access to the altar (and they stay where you leave them)
They effectivly have 3 ranges: Very close range Hand Swipe. Mid range Stomp, Long range Mud Throw.
For the Co Op agroing the Giant it's best to lead them at the mid range and roll to avoid the stomp.

- Milton.
nice details man thanks

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
Lore wise, plenty of giants had been fighting with humans, plenty of that in DS2, though it was a different type of giant there. Plus with all the enslaved giants you see, most should want to, at best be left alone by humans. I could not believe how easily it was to befriend the giant sniper. I think he is a special case.
I don't know if that's what makes the undead settlement giant hostile again, but I was able to "make peace" with him again. After that, he was dead the next time I went up, but that was after I killed all the bosses.
Where are the switches?
It seems to me that you're *****ing dumb
@24.155.44.144
The giant stops helping you if you sell/discard/use the special White Tree Branch he gives you.
I've killed all of the hostile giants, and the archer giant in undead settlement still helps me.
For those who don't know, the giant's name is Gough. You know, one of the four knights of gwyn? That is why he was so peacable. He drops the Hawk Ring on death.
Killing giants is pretty easy if u are melee. Just stand under them, keep attacking their legs and they will die easily without hitting you. Every time when they will rise their foot just jump behind and they keep rotating until their death.
anyone know their ng hp??? ive just shot 30 charged fire arrows from a +3 long bow and im not sure if im even close

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

I think 2000? maybe more. They have big armor, my 144 phys and 144 fire claymore + 3 only does about 97 or so w normal hits. Beat some in coop, took a while for both of us to cut one down. Melee isnt bad if you are below, Their stomps are slow and dont hurt too much considering its huge size. Can kill my knight in about four hits if Im careless, but there are windows to heal as its slow. Coop can solve the prob easy as well.
killed the first one with 3-5 GHSA (my int 33 , +3 heretic stuff) from balcony, i didn't even think he was gonna die so fast, lost one large titanite shard

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Try spamming standard arrows, phys damage is good and its cheap. Snipe the head for best results.
Just a little FYI i'm pretty sure the one in the dungeon is immune to poison, tested it with about 60 poison arrows. Tested it with the blackbow and after 60ish (probably a few more than that) arrows about a third of which came out in 3s it wasn't poisoned.
On ng+ ps4 and the first giant in the cathedral seems to assume a standing position when I move far away and shift my camera from him. At least I think its a bug because he just stands there motionless. Kinda cool though because they're a hundred feet tall and makes for a good sreenshot.
Pretty much every NPC does this. They were all coded to stay in a static, neutral position when not viewed by the player/camera, possibly to save space or reduce latency as they won't be fidgeting around unless directly viewed.
Using the darkmoon bow with moonlight arrows and associated weapon skill for headshots is a fast, effective way of bringing them down.
On NG, first playtrought, they give 4k Souls each