Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Gonna try this out, thanks for sharing ! ;)

Kindread

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 3
The Katana moveset is not the easiest to become fully accustomed to. I would suggest practicing on a solo knight near a bonfire. Holding L2 will place the katana in it's sheath, pressing Heavy Attack will preform a very strong parry, but it's timing seems to be a bit different from a shield and takes some practice. The L2+Light Attack preforms a really amazing slashing lunge that works wonders for frontal crowd control. I have applied bleeding to groups of mobs this way.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 452,728.49
Bank: 11,723.71
Wiki Edits: 41545
Hi! Nice build ~ But a heads up that we had to make a change in the calculator so your previous export link won't work. Please remake it!
https://fextralife.com/calculator/dks3builds.html
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Kindread

Thanks! I hope to make more builds as time goes on. Any chance of adding a video section to the build template?

Kindread

I updated the calculator, but it still looks like it is missing a lot of armor and there are no weapon options. Is there an ETA on when you think it will be complete?

I understand it's an ongoing process, no rush, just curious!
Can anyone please explain the link between bleed and stagger in dksiii?

Kindread

Bleed causes damage per second based on the maximum number of hit points the enemy has, so the tougher the enemy the more mileage you will get out of Bleed. Each time you damage the enemy within a set time frame it builds up an invisible stagger meter (there may not be an actual meter, but it seems to work that way behind the scenes). Increasing the damage an enemy takes over a couple seconds with a bleed effect will greatly increase your chances of staggering them.

You will really only see this effect on bosses, or any high hit point enemy such as knights, or those weird snake demons that pop out of the undead now and again. Everything else tends to die before the bleed can work it's magic.
so what do we put stats into after reaching 20? how do we keep making build stronger? i've been doing a lot of endurance but should i keep increasing luck?
Get luck up to 30 then Hollow infuse both weapons and hollow yourself to 15. That will add 5 to luck per weapon and bump both dex and strength up to 40
I'm doing an Uchi build based on the luck stat as well but I am infusing with a poison gem instead. There is a base increase to the bleed stat as well as the poison addition which also benefits from luck. My thinking is since some bosses have incredibly high bleed or poison resist you can cripple your way through the game. Plus the scaling doesn't change all that much with a poison gem which is great, you just lose some base damage. I am doing some invasions and the dual damage weapon is crazy good, 3-4 R1 to bleed and poison is too much for some people to handle.
Why the two uchis in both hands? Is there a power stance or am i missing something with dual weilding in ds3?
low level even then kinda useless. Late game you get a legit dual katana that is much better suited for this

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,302.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Would this be a good build to kill the Dancer with low lv?

Viverra

Souls: 77.00
Wiki Edits: 4
I wouldnt try it myself, instead before beating vordt kill the master when he is at firelink go to his summon sign before vordt take him to dancer, let the dancer kill him, immediately quit then re summon him and poof broken hit box and as far as i know this still works

angelar

Souls: 102.00
Wiki Edits: 9
There is absolutely no reason to dual wield these.
I believe he is saying to weild it as a 2H weapon. thus one katana in both hands. not two weapons.
Is it even possible to get two?
A guy on youtube named Figthing Cowboy has a significantly more powerful version that is both PvE and PvP viable. Uses the dual katanas you get from the black hand guys as a hollow weapon and a parrying dagger in the other as a hollow weapon. Luck is 30(with the hollow infusion on both and hollow to 15 or more you gain 5 luck per weapon) it just rips people apart. switch to dual wield and L1 to victory