Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

So does this weapons physical damage also increase with faith?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Yes.
It was kinda my first thought to infuse it with Blessed.. will it increase scaling?
No, it will actually decrease the Faith Scaling.
A Heavy infusion seems to be the better approach, as on a +4 spear, it raises the strength scaling from D to C, , brings the dexterity scaling from D to none, and leaves the faith scaling apparently untouched.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Kinda interesting to make it Hollow infused, as a backup Faith/Luck scaling weapon to Anri's Sword. Seems to be the only other weapon able to scale off both.
sadly the damage is so pathetic compared to anri's sword you would never want to use this weapon. All weapons have different luck scaling when infused with hollow, This weapon has particularly terrible luck scaling compare to other hollow weapons.
so infuse it with divine... dont infuse it with divine??

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

If you infuse the weapon with Blessed or anything that isn't Raw, Refined, Heavy, Sharp, or Hollow, you lose the ability to buff it. And this thing sorely needs buff spells, since its own damage and scaling are terrible.
Blessed on this weapon reduces base damage, and reduces ALL scaling, even faith! No idea what a lightning infusion would do though. Refined infusion increases str,dex, and fth scaling though.

zino

Souls: 40.00
Wiki Edits: 2
I can only say one thing, you can Enchant it with Weapon Spells as well with this Infusion ;) But Scaling no change und Dmg is low without enchants :/

lacard

Souls: 62.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Seems that if you are a faith build Lightning might be best and then buff it? Is there anything else better?
It seems to me Crystal is the best infusion for it, at least on paper
Two handing they will have about the same speed, but pike not only will out damage it, but will also weigh less, cost lest stats, and use less stamina. Can't tell the difference with the range.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

It's at least notable as a Faith-scaling weapon that can still be buffed, which is extremely rare in this series. It's not a very good Faith-scaling weapon, and there are better things you can buff, but it's also pretty fast, has long range, and low Str/Dex requirements, though the weight is a tad obscene.
Physical faith scaling, and can be infused/buffed. A real oddity.

About average damage by itself, if a little below average, even with high FTH. Whilst all of its scaling is D, the FTH scaling is slightly higher, so if you're going to use this, pump dat faith.

I wouldn't bother infusing it with anything; Heavy is bad for this, Sharp is bad, Refined is bad, Raw is bad. Blessed is absolutely worthless, actually lowering the faith scaling to an even lower D grade. If you are going to infuse it with anything, Lightning and Dark are the only decent infusions, but these introduce split-damage to the weapon and hamper the already low base damage, overall lowering its quality.

It's much better to leave this weapon uninfused, and just buff it with Lightning Blade, Blessed Weapon, Dark Blade, or Darkmoon Blade. You will get far better results.

In terms of the weapon itself in combat, it's extraordinarily long for a regular spear, it's as long as the Pike-style spears, but has the regular spear moveset. It has a rather specific sweet-spot just before the end of the spear, but not at the end of the spear, it's strange, and can hamper the weapon in combat when keeping an enemy at the optimal range can be difficult. The R2 attacks ignore the sweet-spot and deal full damage regardless of range. The R2s also have some innate shield-piercing, even a 100% block greatshield will take 100~200 damage per blocked charge-R2, depending on your AR.

The spear does have very low base damage though, and is quite heavy. Don't expect to pick this up and immediately get better results than the Deep Axe or something else available so early in the game. It takes a while before it gets going.
Yeah lightning blade on this (uninfused) weapon suddenly turns it into a literal scrub destroyer, since it has a massive range and lightning blade on high faith more than makes up for its own mediocre damage- I tried it on SL117 invasions for a little bit, and it worked out really well.
Thing to note here is that if you have only about its minimal physical requirements and very high faith, it will end up dealing slightly more damage than most other spears infused with raw or whatever, thereby making it at least somewhat worthy of its name
I built entirely around blessed infusing this and was so let down... I'm glad you checked if lightning blade works. That I can salvage this run with mebee...
I usually play Dark Souls blind so I made the mistake of infusing this thing with Chaos on my 2nd character ... dear lord how disappointing.
People who invade you with this spear and run around poking you for 36 dmg, ***** you.
most weapons have a base damage higher then 36. the weakest enemy in the game probably does more.
36dmg is pretty normal for weapons like this, so mr comment nr1 please play DS more than 10h...

And of course the weakest enemy makes more dmg.