Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

A guy wearing it locks you on the fireshrine tower after getting the firekeeper soul, use a homeward bone to return and he can be found on the upper area, near the side exit to the tower, at the end of the path inside the shrine, forgive him and he sells it and other itens
Is there such a thing as "wasting" a homeward bone when you can buy them for 500 souls...
Or you could take the path down with the ledges on the sides instead of wasting a homeward bone.

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 215.00
Wiki Edits: 24
Well, dropping down gets you an armor set and a good ring.
"his heart was true as gold"...Demon's Souls ? "You have a heart of gold, don't let them tak it from you".
To bad the Female version of the mask is gone, i really liked that small black mask from DS1 and 2, it went great with other sets
The ragged mask is similar enough
me to the hood looks kinda weird in this game

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 215.00
Wiki Edits: 24
I actually always disliked the small mask, because I thought that removing the hood was unjustified and ruined the overall look of the set. Also, there was clipping issues with the face of every character I made, and I always thought the male version looked better than the female version, because of the leather shoulder guard that looks better on the male version. I would have preferred if we could have a female version of the set that looked just like it’s male counterpart, albeit adjusted to female physiollogy.
Different based on gender

VoxelAG

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
If this set is anything like its Dark Souls 1 or 2's counterparts, you wear this with the Thief's Mask (bought from Greirat).

Also, underrated description. Wonder if it is a joke, since the only person confirmed to have officially worn this set was Trusty Patches, and he was nothing but a scoundrel.
The thief mas is used for the Deserter set as the starting equipment for the Thief class.
But I think it is part of this set.
Thief mask is not part of deserter set
The Thief Mask page says its a part of the Black Leather set, However this page says otherwise.
I'm more inclined to say that the mask is part of the Black Leather Set as it was in DS1, even though the Thief class starts with it as part of the Deserter set, as that set has its own Helm, the helmet dropped by the hollow soldiers in Lothric.
If you give the shrine handmaiden both greirat and patches ashes, the thief mask is placed just before the black leather set, therefore, it is part of the set.

SeyroonTheMage

Casual
Convict

Souls: 445.00
Wiki Edits: 8
Does this set actually affect detection in any way, similar to the way Hidden Body and Obscuring Ring do, as its description seems to suggest, or is that just a ruse?
No sirree
Ruse, also the obscuring ring doesn't work in pve
The description is tried and true, though a looter, Patches always did have a heart of gold in the end, changing his ways, atleast until his dear friend leaves in search for the flame. And so, Patches returns to his old ways in hopes of finding another worthy companion to share his endless days with. Until he is swallowed by the dream, his endless web forever in the back of our minds.

Grim_Reaper

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 166.00
Wiki Edits: 18
not sure. Patches is a treacherous murderer after all. He could be a tool of FROM to show us how corrupt you've become to even deal with people like him. DS3 glorified him but that doesn't change the person he is. And we are if dealing with him.
I wouldn't say Patches is THAT rotten. Sure he's a thief and a backstabber, and he hates Clerics, but he's always willing to make amends when you see him the second time. Lordran's really gone to*****, and there are much worse creatures we could be dealing with (like Kaathe). Patches is quite a guy! I don't mind dealing with him at all.