Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Yes, this spell is good for PVE. It does great damage, is fast, can stagger-lock many annoying enemies, is FP efficient, and has very low stat requirements. Black flame costs significantly more FP and stamina to cast, has a moderately higher stat requirement, and is not available until much further in the game. If all you care about is dark damage and guard breaking, Black Flame is better. If you want a bread-and-butter spell to kill stuff for cheap, Great Combustion is not strictly inferior and may perform better against many fire-vulnerable enemies.
By Anonymous
time to go give rosaria a pale tounge so i can use this to kill aldritch just to go back to my sorcory build right after
By PunishedFrenzy
Sorcery is far too slow in DS3, every boss battle you'll either repeatedly lose or just take forever. Miracles and pyromancy far superior.
By Anonymous
@PunishedFrenzy, the first available offensive miracle is like in Farron Keep, which makes miracles not too interesting. I like sorceries and pyromancies a lot though.
By Anonymous
The spell that everyone ignores because black flame exists
By Anonymous
Is this good for Pve?
By Anonymous
Use black flame, it's better and it's dark dmg . most of common armors in pvp have a good fire absorbtion but their dark absorbtion isn't that great . and when they have a good dark absorbtion and low fire well you can just use some Vestiges .
By Anonymous
he asked about pve everybody knows about those spells in pvp *
By Anonymous
I just like to burn things
By Anonymous
Based
By Anonymous
Anyone else remember using this in ds2 against the invisible rouges best way to kill them as a pure caster
By Anonymous
i usually use 2 hand halbert to swing on them, verry affective, it hit 180 around you so you dont have to care where they are anymore, and it does 3 swing if you running and R1 make even more damage
By Anonymous
If rouge is invisible, is it still rouge?
By Anonymous
This magic fires 3 consecutive projectiles, each lasts for 0.1s. The first one does no damage, it just moves forward a bit to create a proper range. The second is where the flame visual effect comes, then the third. The second one has smaller hitbox than the third, but more damage. Use the second for max dps and the third for roll catching.
By Anonymous
why does this thing do more damage than Black Flame EVEN when wearing the Fire Clutch ring? ...
By Anonymous
Because Clutch rings were so good that FROM nerfed it before even patches were released in PVP. In PVP, you actually get hurt more than you gain from clutch rings.
By Anonymous
Hem hem. Because Black flame is a DARK pyromancy, dealing DARK damages? SO to imporve its damage, use the DARK clutch ring.