Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
The Dark Orb page needs to be merged with this one, as they both refer to the same spell.
are you sure they're the same spell? i'd have to look at the page, but there is a pyromancy call black fire orb that that page could be referring to.
what kind of damage can this pull of with 40/40 and the izalith staff (the one made for dark sorceries)?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Not a significant damage increase over 30/30 with the Izalith Staff. Less than 1 more damage per level, as with any softcap.

Or, it can be used at 60 Intelligence with a normal staff if you don't mind doing 30 less damage.
turned in 10 dregs as i was invading, didn't get the spell
Happened to me too
same here. i hope i didn't screw myself over
Same. Though i ranked up while being summoned...
Got a fix. If you get the 2nd reward (for 30 turn-ins), you'll receive both the first rank item and the second rank item. But you need to be 100% you're not being summoned the second time around. What I did was just removed my covenant item entirely to make sure it didn't happen.) If you take off the covenant item and then turn in the objects to get rank 2, you'll get the deep soul and the staff.
Any way to get this later on my char now? Same happened to me.
seems there are enough crying noobs arround
Damage is quite low comparing to great heavy soul arrow. ~200 less with 30-30 int-fth and izalith staff (the best setup for this spell). Just get yourself 50 int and Heretic's Staff, Court Sorcerer's Staff or Sorcerer's Staff. Only viable in hybrid builds, where sorceries is at last place.
Wouldn't it be a more fair comparison to Great soul arrow instead of GHSA?

Maximus_Infinium

Souls: 85.00
Wiki Edits: 1
It hits hard in high level PVP, and is really good for sprinkling in wihhbweaker, more varied attacks.

Maximus_Infinium

Souls: 85.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Also, my phone won’t let me see what I’m typing.
the spell is not appearing as i was handing the dregs in when it said invading another world while it said rank one covenant allegiance deepen and the spell is not in my inventory
victim to this too
Beaware while returning the 10 Human Dregs to Deacon. If you are being summoned to kill a tresspasser and you are just receiving the spell you will not get the spell. It screws up the whole covenant and you must wait till the next NG

Chollipop

Souls: 90.00
No just add 10 more for the next rank and u will get it
I turned in 10 dregs and didn't receive anything :/

flamefury

Souls: 120.00
Wiki Edits: 14
As Pyromancers likely level both Intelligence and Faith, it serves as a possible alternative to Black Fire Orb for Dark damage, when facing against enemies resistant to Fire.

Advantages over Black Fire Orb include much longer range, added homing ability and very low stamina cost, undoubtedly its best feature. You're likely able to squeeze 2-3 shots of this spell in the opportunity windows of most bosses, where as you would probably only get one shot of Black Fire Orb.

The downside is that it's weaker and the projectile moves very slowly. It's easy to miss against high mobility targets even if you're in closer range, and against enemies with sweet spots, it will typically never hit correctly.

I have no idea how it competes with Great (Heavy?) Soul Arrow, but I think +10 Court Sorceror's Staff w/ 60 INT Great Soul Arrow overpowers +5 Izalith Staff w/ 30 INT and 30 FTH Great Deep Soul.

Still, it served me extremely well against several late-game bosses, so I'd recommend it if your build has a good mix of Intelligence and Faith.
how is it for PvP? is the tracking worth using it over the fire orbs?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Izalith Staff softcaps at 45/45, not 30/30, but I wouldn't be surprised if Great Heavy Soul Arrow was still stronger than it. I mean, you'd hope it'd be given the casting time.

flamefury

Souls: 120.00
Wiki Edits: 14
Before I start with any of my thoughts on PvP, let it be known I'm not very good at it and everything I say after may be totally wrong.

Great Deep Soul is best used at long-range to put some ranged pressure on your opponent. It works best when you have a melee partner who can distract or supplement your casts. Its tracking is strong enough, but the slow speed makes it too easy to dodge on its own, so you have to make sure to follow it up with something.

Fire Orbs, the only real useful ones for PvP is Great Chaos Fire Orb (for the lava) or Chaos Bed Vestiges (for damage and explosion radius). You use those in different situations than you would with Great Deep Soul, so a direct comparison isn't really fair to make.
"Great Chaos Fire Orb" - flamefury

This man has never lied...
imo, GDS is best used in conjunction with a fast aggressive playstyle, it hits less than some other spells even when optimized. don't misunderstand, i don't think GDS is SUPPOSED to hit like a truck, it's best used before an attack so you can rush in with it and catch the opponent when they try to dodge and after your attack is finished and the opponent is backing away (or running away to heal), the idea is constant relentless assault (you're either physically attacking or letting off some well timed GDS's).

Saris

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
The tracking on these is pretty good, the spell moves slowly than a Soul Arrow, so it's great when firing this and then try throwing a fire Orb or even then GDeepSou and then a SoulArrow. Also I imagine it can go great with a Chaos Bed Vestige since it's a large spell.

Tremere

Souls: 50.00
This spell is quite strong and homes in more aggressively than any other spell