Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

the design looks a lot like a reverse sharpend egyptian kopesh
they were actually sharpened on both sides
Dothraki weapon from GOT
Reminds me of vagrant story
I use the buff on this item and still don't pierce through shields. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if only certain shield can be pierced through?
Pierce means 50% damage to blocker. But you have to hit them in the side, not the shield and 50% damage to stamina.
It can't reach around the shield with straight on hits. Has to be at a slight angle.
So from my testing this is what I am hypothesizing on these weapons because I have been testing it. The Scythe and the shotel can "peirce" shields or reach around them. So when you reach around you are not going to get full damage until they drop shield, but the reaching around and side attacks seems to have a Stamina depletion factor and the more dex I had the more stamina they lost. The "pierce" damage is higher than straight on and never changed or increased, but the stamina drain certainly can be. Well buffed during testing on a block character with a TON of endurance, I was able to remove all stamina on 1 swing.
Weapons like this and the sycthe have a "sweet spot", where they pierce shields only if you hit them at the correct distance (I.E. with the blade, not handle)
I finally have it at +9, should I infuse it or apply buffs?
According to the wiki you can do both
Not elemental infusion though only physical.
If you have the stats for it, this basically completely replaces the old Battle Axe. As the two are virtually identical, aside from the Man Serpent Hatchet's longer reach.
And partially ignores shields

Danking

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I updated the upgrade table, and tried it on chaos on 40/40 int/faith i got 465 AR wich irc is the best boost you could give it, but the warcry is boosting it only to 477 soooo.... cool and dangerous but I don't think the weapon art is worth using it.
If some people could give it a try with int or faith or quality and share their AR would be nice.
Remember that the weapon art also boosts its ability to get through shields. May not add a ton of extra AR, but if you're facing a shield user, it's great.
War Cry also changes your moveset. It alters the R2 to a charge if you hold it down, and can be followed up with another R2 for a 2nd charge and upward slash.
"Let the turtles hit the floor..."

cptcosmic

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,538.00
Wiki Edits: 2
war cry increases physical damage only by ~10%. with chaos infusion the physical damage is poor as such you only get 12 extra AR.
At 40str/13 dex with both weapons +9, heavy manserpent hatchet out damages the butcher knife by a few points (220+154 compared to 180+190), while also having lower stam cost, shield pierce, almost half the weight and is buffable unlike the butcher knife.
A very good sidearm for slow heavy weapon str builds due to the fast swing speed and low weight.
Shotel like Axe???
THIS IS BASICALLY DKS3'S PURE PHYSICAL SILVERBLACK SICKLE!!!
Lol. The Silverblack weapons were awesome in DS2 I enjoyed them a lot.

Nusstorias

Souls: 50.00
so this weapon doesen't lose it's dex scaling when you infuse it with heavy? anybody got any idea why this is so special? :o