Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

GabehSilva

Souls: 50.00
Does anyone know if the scaling for the dark magic (pyro, sorc and miracles) is like DS2? (Lowest from INT / FAI)??
Because in the DARK GEM description says its scales from faith.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
The dark gem's description is wrong, oddly. Weapons infused with it will scale with both Intelligence and Faith.

How dark magic scales depends on what you cast it with. The Izalith Staff, Caitha's Chime, and Sunless Talisman scale with both Intelligence and Faith (but only for dark magic), and they have the highest damage for dark magic when Intelligence and Faith are at 30 each.
Despite what the notes say, I've noticed this spell does NOT track in anyway whatsoever. It follows a predetermined path that suddenly veers to the right before adjusting back to its original course just before dissipating. This can cause the spell to miss seemingly vulnerable enemies.
Yes it has an auto targeting system, it even zigzag to hit all ennemies, if they are close enough. Definitely better than white dragon breath.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
It can track in any direction and even make full 360s, but either the pathing is screwy as hell or there's a random element to it somewhere. It'll usually go straight forwards if there are no enemies nearby, but if there's anything living in range it'll either home straight for them or veer off in the complete opposite direction.
I've watched it veer to the left when there are no targets.
This is a solid mid/long range pyro for pvp. Like other pyro you wont get that far with it locked on, but when unlocked it can be very effective at catching people who are strafing you, if you aim and predict correctly. This pyro has a noticeable recovery so you should not use it at close range or when the enemy like to roll right at you.
Still hope they buff the spells tracking a bit.
Anyone else noticed that this thing seems to change direction based on where you look after it's been cast if you unlock? I can't tell if this is just me but I tried it out a firelink and almost every time I cast it looked in a different direction and it followed that path.
Just tried it out. Can confirm that it does follow the camera if you are unlocked.
Anyone can give me a good amount of dmg with around 30/30 or 40/40 Int/Faith? and a Pyro hand +10
300ish in pvp but its true power is that it can true combo into black flame
thanks mate
With pyro hand +10, the witch's ring, swamp ring, and 40/40, this pyro was hitting about 200-300 on other players in pvp. In pve, it was hitting about 500 or so on the dancer enemies in irithyll.
Works better after. 08 patch. With dark clutch ring i took up to 600 hp on random phantoms. Spamable.
Average 350 damage online .
plain and simple
Git Gud
This pyromancy seems waaay better since the early July update. Not great damage but can still zig-zags and stuns.
Can't play pvp vs this spamming pyromancy. Nice build: estoc, Witch's Locks and this spell (my *** is on fire after *****ty spammers)
You want us to loose the only good spell ? No. If they "fix" that than they should fix the rolling spell immunity and the "my sword hit thin air yet it damaged you".
Exactly. Pyromancers have one good thing going for them and it's this spell. They should gix melee before they burg casters even ffurther
Pyromancer having only one good spell?
I play as a pyro myself and I don't *****ing need this spell.
I as a pyro say it's too spammy...

You guys that say this is the only good spell are just the butthurt dudes that can't play pyro otherwise and just spam this spell to infinity...
Fix* melee before they nerf* casters, ***** phones.