Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
I'll never understand the existence of poison "pyromancies". What does this have to do with fire?
By Anonymous
Pyromancy originated from the poison swamps in ds1 right? I assumed that's why there's poison mixed in.
By Anonymous
Not all pyromancies are directly and overtly fire related. This is why you can use Power Within - a pyromancy which "internalizes" the flame and provides you with additional burst of power, at the cost of, well... "burning" your life force. Eingyi was banished from the Great Swamp for his heretical ways and this pyromancy. It's not unreasonable to think that other pyromancers found Toxic Mist, a pyromancy which suppresses the flame and instead focuses all its power into toxic fumes left behind, heretical and corrupted. It's also why chaos pyromancies are so treasured - they are the purest form of chaos.
By Anonymous
Fire can create toxic smoke
By Anonymous
toxic fumes from imperfect burning, or burning of specific material exists IRL
By Anonymous
No no no, it's cause it burns when you breathe. That's why Gonorrhea is also a pyromancy spell.
By Anonymous
Pyromancy originated from the witch of Izalith, not from a swamp...
By Anonymous
It's good in certain situations, to lockdown spots or in tight corridors. If someone gets the ailment, they will suffer ~2k damage for only 24 Focus. That's pretty good.
By Anonymous
You apply just as much toxic whenever you point down, so what's the point of this spell
By Anonymous
When you do that, you apply toxic to yourself. The point of this spell is to force others to point down so that they will become toxic.
By Anonymous
The easiest way to get through the lava, is by blocking it with a black-iron shiel. Be wary, of burning alive while picking up the item.
By Anonymous
Sorcerers have pestilent mist Pyros have this
By Anonymous
Famine... pestilence... Where's war and death?
By Anonymous
War would be fire surge and death would be snap freeze, i guess
By Anonymous
But anyone with 12 Int can have Poison Spores ;)
By Anonymous
They patched the staff. Bull****, I know.
By Anonymous
This spell is maximum bullying pre-Irithyll, since you can't buy or find Blooming Moss until Irithyll/Profaned Capital unless somebody drops you some.
By Anonymous
But like most spells, it's not particularily difficult to avoid either. In my hundreds of hours of playing, I've never seen anyone besides myself using this.
By Damnation87
Caressing Tears, 12 Faith, abit after Road of Sacrifices Bonfire though I've never seen someone sit still in it to be Poisoned. Then again it might work on new players but that's wasting my time. No fun, no challenge.
By Damnation87
Edit; It's sold apon getting Irina in your service. Just before Road of Sac. Fex says 14 Faith but it's 12.
By Anonymous
healing tears (miracle) is available much earlier. (i use them in the farron swamp instead of the dagger move)
they dont cure the build up, but they cure the effect
its requirement are lows, as well
By Anonymous
Host: "Killing Havel is difficult." / Pyro phantom: "Hold my Estus!"
By Anonymous
The gael cheese right here
By Anonymous
Did some testing. Used it on the lothric knight at dragon barracks bonfire. Did 23 damage per tick regardless of items and upgrades. 1380 damage total. Duration also unaffected by items. But the buildup got weaker when I switched to an unupgraded flame. So that seems to be the only thing you can boost.
Tested these rings: Great Swamp Ring, Witch's Ring, Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, all Clutch Rings, Lloyd's Sword Ring, Red Tearstone Ring
Another note: the spell goes through walls and does not cause the enemy to notice you. Perfect for cheese ;)
By Anonymous
This is helpful information
By Anonymous
did you try pontiffs right eye. the one that boosts attack as long as attacking persists?
By Anonymous
pontiffs eye ring wouldnt work because it doesnt hit, it just causes damage, meaning it would be unable to proc the rings effect.
By SilverKnightDragon
Posts Avatar
tested on Corvian Knights on PC, 24 dmg tick regardless of buffs, 60 ticks or seconds, 1440 damage total. all rings failed to boost damage or duration.
By AwesomeSauce8223
Is this pyromancy affected by the Great Swamp Ring? I'm making a gimmicky build of a High Lord Wolnir boss cosplay build and would be open to other ring recommendations.
By AwesomeSauce8223
Edit: Instead of the Great Swamp Ring how about the Witch's Ring?
By Anonymous
neither the witch's ring nor the great swamp ring boost it