Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Xerav

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 582.50
Wiki Edits: 1
Does it only mask running speed or everything?
It reduces their effects by one stage from what I can see. I could walk right up to an enemy and he wouldn't notice, but if I tried to run past them they would hear me from a distance.
The ring's effect significantly reduces the sound from walking, running, and completely masks the sound from rolling. You can still hear the walking and running noises if you turn the sound up enough.
I only have him two scrolls and only bought some of his sorcerers and he gave me the ring and the gesture.
I can confirm I only bought 4 of his sorceries and gave him 2 scrolls, 1 Sage and 1 Golden, for him to give me the slumbering dragoncrest ring.
The ring doesn't seem to provide perfect silence. It just lowers your sound level by one stage. So running makes as much noise as walking, walking makes as much noise as creeping, and creeping makes none at all. Can anyone back me up on this?
This ring provides total silence, and makes it impossible for enemies to hear your movement. As others have said, some enemies are scripted to notice you or simply have a huge aggro range.
it used to work but now it doesnt work at all maybe it has to do with equipment load or total weight?
Wearing this ring, I can run up behind enemies and stealth backstab them no problem. Some enemies may seem like they start to move when you approach, but that's just their scripted behavior based on your character's proximity to them, they haven't actually detected you yet. The ring saves me from many tough fight.

djd33zy

Souls: 50.00
--I kan konfirm. Some foes stand up via a script.. they dont hear you. I too run and back-stab, releasing my sprint before I stab.
You can literally graze enemies while running right behind them without being detected.
The only spells that need to be purchased are aural decoy, farron flashsword, pestilent mercury, and spook. This means you need the sage scroll. Someone stated these requirements on the entry for orbeck and I can confirm this after testing in my game. They are the only spells I bought from him.
confirmed, just these 4 spells got me the slumbering ring
Can confirm!
I bought all his Sorceries, and now he dissapeared, yet I havent recieved the Ring. Bug? I even Spoke with him before he left yet did not obtain this Ring.
I guess I have to do a NG+ run in order to get this ring now.
same happened to me. I bought all spells from all four scrolls and he took off. apparently his corpse will show up in Grand Archives after defeating the boss there. fingers crossed that it is on him.

djd33zy

--Humm... well the bulk of the spells needed arrive from the Golden & Sage Scrolls. You'll need to buy Aural Decoy, Spook, Farron Flashsword, and Pestilent Mercury spells to trigger it.. then just talk to him a few times.

djd33zy

--Seems to not work with certain weapons... Great Swords, Spears, Scythe, Irithyll Straight Sword(needs more testing). Works with my Katanas and Axes. I havent tested all the weapon types or unique weapons. Great Swords I sorta get but Spears & Irithyll ? Humm... strange.
Vordt's works you just can't two hand it
for some reason, two handing a weapon will negate the rings effect.

specifically, putting two hands on one weapon. paired weapons do not have this glitch. one hand and get in position, then two hand for the backstab
Vordt's great hammer not working either.
I gave him 2 tomes and bought all his spells 50k souls. Got the ring. I bought all his starting spells but got only young dragon ring. Gave him 1 tome and bought spells it was not enough. My guess is 50 k souls is a necessary ammount and it can be reached with 2 tomes from the road of sacrifice.
I am on NG+ but if i remeber correctly it was the same on NG.
Best ring in the game combined with invis makes avoiding or killing trash mob extremely easy and free attunment slot. Spook is nice but very short even with lingering ring.
I forgot to mention. Ring was removed when I started NG+. I had to buy all spells again. 50k souls on NG+ is nothing but I don't get what is a reason behind it.
So far I've tested Vordt's, Greataxe, great machete, greatsword and zwei.

This ring works if you're holding the weapon in ONE hand. EVEN sprinting at the enemy from behind (and I tested speed walking) did not alert them to my presence.

However using the same weapons with two hands I was unsuccessful in sneaking up on the enemy.

Equipment load didn't seem to make a difference
Just tested Farron Greatsword and interestingly enough using both weapons or just one handing the ultra greatsword had made no difference. Although technically you're not putting two hands on one weapon
Confirmed, you cannot two hand a weapon and benefit from the ring.
Adding confirmation. Two handed a dagger and became noticeable, but was just fine one handing Vordt's mace.