Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
tried to scour the comments. does this provide the same spell buff if you int/fth are asymmetrical? ex. will it provide the same buff at 40/20 as it would 30/30?
By Anonymous
Within 3-5 points it’s not much difference but iirc typically symmetrical is best
By Anonymous
Gertrude's buttplug
By Anonymous
looks sharp
By Anonymous
This is a VERY underrated comment, possibly the most underrated of all Souls wikis
By Anonymous
Whoever downvoted this is a karen, and doesn't deserve to play ds3.
By Anonymous
This is actually very good for miracle/sorcery hybrid. It does a **** ton of damage at 45/45, if you use lightning miracles that is ( and why wouldn’t you?) For the ones who say it lacks poisecast, just left hand the canvas talisman and right hand this. And for those who say they want a melee weapon aside from their catalyst, learn to hardswap.
By Anonymous
Seriously. I play a paladin build (strength/faith), and I've always done the catalyst swap. Lightning lothric greatsword in right hand. In the left, yorshka chime because of highest spell buff and I can keep my heal going, and then when they get in close, I just switch to saint's talisman. Sword's always out. It's pretty simple lol.
By Anonymous
This is essentially the "Black Witches Staff" of ds3. Except it doesn't seem to be as powerful. However the versatility of casting both miracles and spells can't be ignored.

Possibly because of how good Black witches staff was.
By Anonymous
Yeah man, it was the strongest weapon in the game. Has like 1200 AR if you have 50 Int and 50 Faith.
By Anonymous
That 1200 ar isn't op though. It's split 4 ways, so if for example you cast a hex it'll only count the dark ar for the damage. and the fire ar is useless because it can't cast pyros.
By Anonymous
if you use this with soul stream it'll look like your doing a one handed kamehameha
By Anonymous
What if you 2 hand it?
By Anonymous
This chime benefits from crystal sage staff s buff, but only when using sorceries. Miracles are not affected by that buff.
By Anonymous
This is my must-have on a hybrid caster build and one of my personal favorites. Crystal Chime + Demon's Scar = You can cast every spell in the game at 50/45 split and is doable at SL 120 and usually is sub-30 on weight even at minimal VIT. Extremely fun to run with all allocations into Ashen Estus Flasks for extra "challenge", though you'll be melting everything once you get near endgame. Having 6-8 Attunement slots is ideal for a heal, GHSA or CSS, CBV (2), Black Fire Orb, Lightning Arrow + some support spells like Cleansing Tears, ReRapport, Pestilent Mist, or Snap Freeze. Darkmoon Ring for the extra attunement slots is a must and you'll need to swap damage rings to hit your target's elemental weakness, or use Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring + Witch's Ring for general use. Swap between Dusk Crown Ring and Ashen Estus Ring for the fourth ring and you'll never run dry. It's not as powerful as a pure glass cannon Sorcerer, Pyro, or Cleric, but it's so much more fun to play.
By Anonymous
Do you have a build suggestion? I mean in investing points.
By Anonymous
Lightning arrow/pestilent mist plus this chime. Great for Midir runs as a pyro. Lets you swap between the spells without having to worry about also switching weapons
By Anonymous
It looks really cool to use melee Sorceries with this, especially the Farron Flashsword. It looks like you’re actually holding the sword as opposed to just having it on the end of a stick. Note that this is the least practical catalyst to use if you’re using spells like it, because you’re basically halving the spells hit box, but I mean it looks cool!
By Anonymous
Looks really good for a Goku cosplay
By Anonymous
It also makes it really hard to perfect parry your farron flash sword
By Anonymous
It makes the hitbox smaller, true, but when you use the flashsword it's subject to the sweetspot mechanic - Using, say, the Izalith catalyst results in you often hitting with the staff itself, dealing something like 5 damage, as opposed to the flashsword itself.
By Anonymous
Crystal chime + Force + Farron Flashsword = Luke Skywalker? :D
By Anonymous
For pyromancers or other 30/30 builds, this chime *is* the best for weapon buffs. At least, my +4 crystal chime gives 141 lightning damage with lightning blade, and my +8 Cleric's Sacred Chime gives 135.
By Anonymous
Sadly, weapon buff benefits more on scaling than on spellbuff. Your best options to buff weapons are yorshka s chime, court sorcerer s staff and pyromancy flame
By Anonymous
That's not true. Miracles only get scaling from Faith, so you only get a single C scaling for weapon buffs such as Lighning blade, whereas Saints get's an S scaling in faith which gives more damage despite it having lower spellbuff.