Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Do you craft this chime from the Crystal Sage?
By Anonymous
Are the buffs seprete: Ex faith only boosts miriacles, and int only boosts spells, or is it like the Beast Talismin from demons souls where they both increase the general power of it?
By Anonymous
Is it gonna just have slightly reduced damage compared to its spell casting counterparts?
By Anonymous
Seems like it was made for use with old Abyssal Greatsword builds. Unless it has worst cast speed than other spell tools (I believe only the witch branch has a different cast speed) this might be the best one for people only interested in casting things like Force or the Oolacile sorceries.
By Anonymous
I'm guessing this would be good for those who want to use buffs and defensive sorceries. Worthless for projectile magics but excellent for everything else.
By Anonymous
actual my css hits for alot of damage with this chime my staffs doing about the same or less then
By moomootv
At +5 this thing has C scaling in Int and C scaling in faith with a Spell buff of 211. I love this thing because it has the healing skill.
By moomootv
Forgot to put I have 35 int and fth
By Anonymous
&the lighter sorcery catalyst for the same damage with the same stats investement (sorcerers have to go over 50 int to ouclass it with a staff)...basically stats for the most versatile magic build...limit op P.S. : at 35/35 mine has a spell buff of 209 XD
By Anonymous
well, at 60 int&fth, it's 20% less than the izalith staff...at 60 int & 60 fth, SB=22750/50 SB=22440/40 SB=21630/30 SB=20225/25 SB=18050/18 SB=186 (&50/23 SB=197)the best sorcery staff (court's) has SB=202 at 50 int & 220 at 55 int
By TSMP
Posts Posts Avatar
Spell buff is not a reliable indicator of damage when dealing with catalysts that scale off two or more stats. You can try it and see, the Crystal Chime will deal much less damage with dark spells than anything else you have.Other examples: spell buff is a pretty good indicator of how strong the Izalith Staff is with dark sorceries, but doesn't seem to apply at all to its normal magic sorceries. For pyromancies, the spell buff is only accurate when dealing with the dark pyromancies but varies from slightly inaccurate to wildly so in regards to fire pyromancies, with a few of them apparently scaling off only Faith instead of both stats.Don't know why this is, but as far as I can tell spell buff is only applicable when dealing with a single-stat catalyst or when gauging dark magic with a dual-scaling catalyst that isn't the Crystal Chime or White Hair Talisman.
By Anonymous
" You can try it and see"Those 20% don't come from basic maths on the SB... who would imagine that? (well, actually it's more 30% than 20%, my mistake. Still, we are talking about ~750 damage on a mob intstead of 1100...that's not what i would called "very little damage"). I reported the SB, because that's the important number on catalysts and wasn't listed. (but I never trust dark souls numbers, aka spell buff in this case, only the effective damage : so came the tests& the %).& for the "spell buff is a pretty good indicator of how strong the Izalith Staff"...well, at 60 int/60 fth, the SB was 270 & dark edge hit around the same as soul greatsword (which need only 60 int, cost less FP, with 238SB) with court's staff. But actually, it's a bad test since those are two different spells, similar but different. All in all if we except the specialized catalysts, +10SB seems to mean +5/6% more damage
By Anonymous
Do we have the list of spell who scal with both int and faith ?
By Anonymous
M'kay so if you read up on the items description you'll be aware that some SORCERIES are actually scaled on your Int and Fth stat both together, like Dark would be, but in reality Dark ust sucks on this chime.Though here's the interesting part... I do my testing on the Twin Princes boss fight because the music gives me an eargasm and I found some pretty interesting results...At 50 Intelligence, using the well-know best Catalyst for high Int sorcerer's over level 45, the Court-Magician's Staff I was landing hits of 548 damage every Crystal Soul Spear I fired at 'em.Though using this Crystal Chime here, taking into account that I have 45 Faith ontop of that 50 Intelligence, I was hitting HARDER at 569 damage per shot.To be brief:Intelligence: 50Faith: 45-----------Court-Sorc's Staff: 548 per C.Soul SpearCrystal Chime : 569 per C.Soul SpearIt's only a small increase and for one helluva investment, but I figured it's worth pointing out that if you really want to completely ignore Vit and End and any other stats other than Fth, Att and Int, this Chime appears to be the best Sorcery catalyst.
By TSMP
Posts Posts Avatar
It'll probably get better than that at higher Intelligence and Faith. I'm not sure what the softcaps for the Crystal Chime are, but they definitely aren't 40int/40fth.By the by, Court Sorcerer's softcaps at 60. Also, your damage is really low for an end-game sorcerer. Equip Young Dragon Ring, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, and Magic Clutch Ring. Sage Ring as well if you don't already have it.
By Anonymous
Don't forget that staves usually have Steady Chant as weapon art, which further increases sorcery damage