Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

eyebrowsincorporated

Souls: 50.00
I feel it's worth mentioning that this armor raises the damage you do when you fall on enemies. While naked falling on the firekeeper did 5 damage, but with the full armor it did 67, occasionally hitting again when I landed, doing a total of 97 damage. From a higher fall point it did 2 instances of 67 totalling at 134.

eyebrowsincorporated

also if you wear the leg piece, kicks do 2 damage, and crossbow tackles do 3 instances of 2 damage, but only if the leg pieces are equipped, leading me to believe the tackle is treated as a modified kick. It has no use, but if you hold the knight crossbow and tackle while using the legging of thorns, the damage type will look like electric damage, but it will still only do 6 damage.

NyanMelonLord

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 130.00
Bank: 556.00
Wiki Edits: 106
Added
I think it's about dang time we had a more comprehensive list of rings that affect this armor and whether this armor stacks with or affects other items/playstyles/mechanics.... Is this the only armor in the game with special effects?

NyanMelonLord

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 130.00
Bank: 556.00
Wiki Edits: 106
Done, didn't even take very long.
this site is way to full with people whining about how to start with a new char and 1h of game time is too much to optain this set. I mean I could understand if this is about the cat ring, morion blade or dragonslayer axe...but the thorn set? really?
I think it's because Invaders in high wall and undead settlement use this against them.
I've only experienced this while wearing the gauntlets, and no other part of the set, that you will have a deflection animation like you do when hitting a solid wall with most weapons while rolling into enemies with hard skin such as the demons and the demon king in the base game as well as the giant in the irithyl dungeon. There are probably more enemies that have this effect but i can't name them off the top of my head. I feel like limit breakers over here with this useless info
It's not really useless though. That feature really screwed me during the Dragonslayer Armor fight.
Unless you ARE limit breaks incognito as a anon
helmet looks like Amygdalas head...or the other way around.
the gauntlets of thorns go good with any chest piece I swear.

Bezixx

Someone here said that using gauntlets makes your roll deflect against bigger enemies. It's only partially true, as the case is a lot different, so I'll explain how it works. Wearing ANY part of the set when trying to roll into larger enemies will cause it to be deflected/bounced ( you can wear even leggings or helmet and it will happen ) but ONLY if you do not meet at least one single requirement on your weapon, including strength to one-hand, even if you can two-hand, or not enough faith/int/dex. Also the case seems to happen whether you wield them in right or left hand, except for bows and crossbows, when used on the latter. The effect itself happens when rolling next to most bigger enemies, including Millwood Knights, Giant Slaves, Gargoyles, Giant Crabs, Pontiff Beasts and some other. It also happens in case many bosses that are at least a few times bigger than character, starting from Pontiff.
What about a player under the perseverance buff?
First time i played any DS game, i missed a lot of items and events like this armor. I should be careful when i begin the next NG+ cycle
Nice how one piece is enough to counter tears of denial
I'm currently wearing the gloves and while fighting some enemies e get my roll interrupted. Anyone know why?
happens when you roll into enemies with poise. or players with perseverance