Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Crystal Flameburg Muhahahahahahah
By Anonymous
i just wished andre didnt lose all his coals when you go into NG+, such dumb thing having to pickup all these over and over again
By Anonymous
Who agrees that coals are the dumbest mechanic in weapon upgrades, DS2 had it right, barring progression by simply keeping the stones from you until later. This coal nonsense exempts so many players from infusing their weapons because they just don't know the coals are a thing.
By Anonymous
Or you could just... read the wiki?
By Anonymous
Dark Souls 2 initially had the Dull Ember tucked away behind a platforming challenge in the Iron Keep, and McDuff himself is in a hidden area accessible by either explosive barrels or a very much hidden key. Sure, they moved both the key and ember to more sensible locations in Scholar, but gating infusions and upgrade paths behind key items and specific smiths has been a staple of the series since Demon's. Just explore more and pay attention to what you find.
By Anonymous
DS2 fans are definitely a different breed
By Anonymous
27 Sep 2020 08:27
the problem with that is all the redditlords say "play blind!!! you'll RUIN the experience if you look ANYTHING up!!!" and spamming the entire internet with it, despite Miyazaki saying he wanted players to give info and help each other out.
By Anonymous
I never had a problem with coals being obscure. My problem with coals is how far you have to get to be able to acquire build-defining infusions; there aren't really any infusions available for pyros until you're almost all the way to Aldrich or you've almost gotten all the way through Irithyll Dungeon, for instance
By Anonymous
Who agrees that coals are the dumbest mechanic in weapon upgrades, DS2 had it right, barring progression by simply keeping the stones from you until later. This coal nonsense exempts so many players from infusing their weapons because they just don't know the coals are a thing.
By Anonymous
You must be a seriously dumb player to not realize from picking the first coal that they allow you cooler infusions.
By Anonymous
technically that’s what noob gets from not exploring the game... always following the path is a way to play but sometimes its better to explore yourself
By Anonymous
I played this game like 50 times and never knew about this im a failure
By Anonymous
2021 is calling, same thing just happened to me, hence why I'm here.
By Anonymous
Managed to completely miss this through most of the game...
By Anonymous
you doomb fuk