Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
This shield saved my *** during the Nameless King battle. It also made the fight against Dragonslayer Armour a LOT easier.
By Anonymous
I found the Lothric Shield to be much better for Nameless and Dragonslayer Armour due to higher stability and even higher lightning resist. Though to be fair this one isn't bad either, and it is slightly lighter. Can't really go wrong with either one.
By Anonymous
The Lothric Shield is only better if you have 18 strength
By Anonymous
Where is this located
By Anonymous
In the room with the outrider knight in lothric castle (stated in the wiki)
By Anonymous
YES! Drakeblood knight shield, and now with a true phisical protection, on dark souls 2 you can spell parry, looks like they changed it for good and sense
By Anonymous
There's no stability on the chart for the upgraded shield, and I don't know enough about wikis to add it. For the record I have one at +4 and the stability is 56
By Anonymous
I'm looking at it in-game right now, the stability is currently 56 at +5. I believe it was 54 at +4, so maybe it was reduced in an update since the original comment was posted.
By Anonymous
Location: shoot the left dragon with arrows until it dies (the second one dies as well for some reason ). Go past the bridge and take a left up some stairs, then go straight until you see the stairwell leading to the outrider knight room.It's a bit tedious (shooting the dragon down) but way safer than risking the abyss hollows and the hollow trio below. My tip to save time and arrows is to unequip al gear except your bow and don Flynn's ring + Lloyd's sword ring.
By Anonymous
If you sort your shields by Guard Absorption than this particular specimen will be in top 15 of your shields mostly exceeded by greatshields.Amont his Blue family... Well, let's see... I'm going to take elemental absorptions and then just summarise them. Crest:=252, Dragon:=252, Golden Wing:=229, Spirit Tree:=259.As you can see Spirit Tree exceeds at being the most universal one amongst all 3. The weakiest side of it is Dark with 53% damage absorption, while all others have their weakiest sides at 43% (which happens to be Lighting, by irony).Golden Wing happend to be the weakiest of the family, but for another reason: it trades damage absorptions for 1 more stability at +5 and for spell parrying. And it's still the best at magic absorption.So, there's that. I just wish the inner side of the shield looked a little bit more... Cleaner and refined.
By Anonymous
Why do exactly Drakeblood knights use this one?Shield grants high lighting absorption, so i believe it kinda represents protection from Dragon's greatest weakness - lighting, but... Why the Spirit Tree? What's the relation between Spirit Trees and dragons?
By Anonymous
in ds1 you find the ancient dragon at the foot of a spirit tree
By Anonymous
theye are both from the same grey era before time and lords... archtrees (spirit trees are arch trees) and dragons ruled all.
By Anonymous
Drakeblood Knights appear to have sided with the dragons and serpent men in this game, so having a shield that defends against their greatest weakness makes sense to me (it also has the highest average block of the 4 crest shields, which could be a contributor to that choice), and that could be all there is to it. However, it could also be referencing the archtrees that the archdragons roosted in during the age of ancients.
By Anonymous
There are 5 crest shields, not 4. Grass Crest, Crest, Dragon Crest, Spirit Tree Crest, & Golden Wing Crest.
By Anonymous
In dark souls 2, this shield could deflect spells by parrying, so maybe it was so they could defend against dragon fire like yorgh's ring was meant to do so they could get close enough to claim a dragon's blood.
By Anonymous
poor mans lothric knight shield
By Anonymous
they hated jesus because he told them the truth
By Anonymous
is great because it is 5.0 weight, freeing up a lot of different armor combos while still providing decent mitigation (especially lightning).