Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

The Pike drops from the big wooden log wielding enemies right at the start of the swamp in the Road of Sacrifices
The Stability of this weapon and most others increases by a point every couple of levels. The increase is virtually unnoticeable in play, but it is there.

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
I admit I still haven't gotten around to farming this thing yet, but I really should give it a shot.

Even to this day, not a whole lot of people knew how much of a nightmare this weapon was back in Dark Souls 1. Outpokes rapiers and all manner of Greatsword, high stagger, fast. It's the one weapon that even the dreaded DMB Falchion build could just never beat if used competently. Put that thing on someone with the dark wood grain ring (even if you had to trade all manner of poise to do so.), and maybe even buff it, and you were just untouchable.

The few PvPers that knew about it were all very quiet about it for a long time, because we just didn't want to see this thing become popular back then. lol

So I doubt it's that good now, primarilly because there's no freaking flip ring to go along with it and really make it dumb, but I certainly hope not.

Pentonics

Souls: 167.00
Wiki Edits: 31
It is that good, I feel. The current pvp environment seems to facilitate heavy weapon use via hyperarmor. This weapon is long enough to stay out of range of nearly all of those weapons (i.e. halberds, great axes, ultra greatswords and other spears). The charge attack also wrecks people, with the heavy attack immediately after being able to follow up unless they really mash roll.

This might also be a byproduct of the weapon being uncommon. How often do you see a pike? Besides myself I sure haven't. I think I've seen the Lothric Knight Long Spear once.

Rather easily parried though, but the length also makes the jump attacks in general safer to do with this weapon (less risk of roll backstab punish).
Lost the first one I got and just spent the past few hours trying to get another one. Item discovery over 300 and finally got the replacement. Must be well worth it if it's this rare.
I'm curious to know if the description is true. While it obviously has far reach, it doesn't feel longer than some of the other spears and halberds.
It is not true
Infuse it with Carthus Flame Arc or something like that and you can make from +85 up to ~250 more dmg
are you dumb
As a Pike class spear, it has a different moveset compared to other spears, notably being slower. It claims that it's used for its reach, but the only other Pike class in the game, Lothric Knight Long Spear, is actually longer by about a centimeter. It took some precise maneuvering, but I got myself to a point where the LKLS could strike a wall, but the Pike couldn't. Furthermore, I believe the sweetspot tip is larger on the LKLS as well.

Overall, it's inferior. It even consumes the exact same amount of stamina as the LKLS per swing. The only advantage is that it's 0.5 weight units lighter. What a shame.
Why would you put in all that effort to space your character in such a way that you can compare their ranges, when all you need to do is swap between them while looking at your character from the side
The actual length of the spear might not have been related to the reach. Depends where the character grabs it and the animation. And the model could have been wrong. I think it's good that he checked it this way, just in case. Persuaded me to get LKL spear over pike for sure.

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,302.50
Wiki Edits: 18
Can someone please add that the spear wielding hollows in the Road of Sacrifices drop them too? When I try to edit the page, it doesn't save

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Would someone please like to add the fact that the spear wielding hollows in the castle on the Road of Sacrifices also drop Pikes?
I've gotten at least 3 from the hollow ambushing you past a short bridge from the Woods bonfire.

P.S if I edit it, it won't save, so that's why I'm asking

Mr_Peer

Addicted
First Warden

Nvm