Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
If you cast affinity (I casted mine with C. chime) and stand still, the orbs will "dance"
By Anonymous
So! To any experienced players still looking through the wikis- on a hybrid(ish) melee pyromancer who values defensive gimmicks, should I go with Homing Crystal Soulmass or Affinity? Just looking for subjective feedback, but data helps too. 45 Faith 32 INT for the moment. I also care less about PVP and more about utility. I could see HCSM being slightly more useful for its piercing qualities (as I don't have a heck of a lot of anti turtle options in my kit right now other than running behind for the backstab) but if Affinity grossly out damages or is more reliable than HCSM I might stick with it. Would anyone like to argue for one or the other for me?
By Anonymous
Affinity. It does far more damage than Homing Crystal Mass. Plus the tracking is superior to any other homing mass spells.
By Anonymous
Now, don’t get me wrong. Affinity is a wonderful spell with superior damage AND tracking compared to Crystal Soul Mass. However, bare in mind that it is a He- I mean Dark Sorcery to which From decided to ignore for the most part. But back to the main point, Yes Affinity has some amazing attributes but it lacks the Speed that CSM has. So just keep that in mind because Affinity can be easily rolled away from by most beginner players and in truth you have to use Affinity as more of a combo instead of a defensive Dark Sorcery. Oh and word of advice, a lot of people aren’t gonna fall for the whole cast Affinity backwards and begin casting Soul Spear or Great Soul Dregs then turn around to make this bombardment of spells. Pretty much every caster does this and People know how to dodge it effectively due to the amount it is used!!!
By Anonymous
Well, yeah, everyone who still plays Dark Souls 3 probably already saw the YouTube videos on this... That dude who said he has a "INT PVP Build" and backstepping or rolling while lock on...

Mages in PvP were obviously meant to be a CoOp player and not a main damage character... If you want to try and survive as a solo player, but doubt it... Got my *** beaten down with an over leveled dragonslayer axe user, pops stamina grass and just chases me with no problem because he has overleveled vitality or endurance and vigor and is already wearing Millwood armor... Just travels down to the low level areas and hopes to beat down on an un suspecting player without Way of Blue or Blue Sentinels or Sunlight Coven...
By phroZac
@anon 17 Feb 2018 01:40 He isn't overlevelled if he's in your summon range...he just has late game gear. They'll have a slight advantage for sure, but they aren't unbeatable by any means. I started a new character recently and once I got to Crucifixion Woods, popped the dried finger, fought and killed a stream of twinks. Besides, there are a few great weapons you can grab early, like the Lothric Knight Straight Sword, Claymore, and Zweihander.
By Anonymous
Added Lore, this spell was created by Manus Father of the Abyss. In Dark Souls 1, it was called Persuers and it’s lore goes:

Persuers: Sorcery of Manus, Father of the Abyss. Grant a fleeting will to the Dark of humanity, and volley the result. The will feels envy, or perhaps love, and despite the inevitably trite and tragic ending, the will sees no alternative, and is driven madly toward its target.

I know it’s not very relevant but I feel there’s something important to be shared here and tis why I’m posting it.
By Saris
Too bad the colors aren't the same as in the art card. They do make a strange sound when idle and firing, which is neat.
By Anonymous
69 likes, nice
By Anonymous
Considering the identity of the witch that sells you Affinity in DS3, this is some good lore
By Anonymous
Pretty awesome in arena
By Anonymous
If you use this with twinkling dragon head stone in theory, it masks the orbs, making it a bit of a surprise, and its kinda like midir :p
By Anonymous
They spelled infinity wrong
By Anonymous
I hope this is a joke
By Anonymous
Affinity and infinity are two different words...
By Anonymous
Avengers affinity war
By Anonymous
With enough casting speed and timing, you can send multiple dark orbs to pursue a single target. Or multiple targets with free aim
By Anonymous
is this a dark version of homing soulmass or soul arrow/spear?
By Anonymous
Yes and no. Homing Soul/Crystalmass also seek after ther targets, but Affinity (once called Pursuers) has a better tracing and can follow enemies in almost in a circle. But its travelspeed is lower than the two mass spells.
By Anonymous
i tried this on my mostly pure sorcerer build, got the izalith staff. only 8 faith, i said to myself, "dafuqs that gonna do? not let me whack people with it as hard?" turns out i was sorely mistaken, casted affinity, didn't even kill a cemetery of ash hollow in one go
By Anonymous
Hollows are resistant to dark
By Anonymous
Casting dark sorceries with 60 int and the court sorcerer's staff only deals about 50 less damage than casting them with the izalith staff and 45/45 int and faith. Maybe try testing it on an enemy that doesn't resist dark.