Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
"For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."judging by the description of this spell... humanity is the manifestation of desire... of want.
By Anonymous
Also the Chime of Want made from the soul of Nashandra, a shard of Manus' soul whose humanity went wild and turned him into the Father of The Abyss.Ironically, Manus' soul is the source of this spells existence in DS1, course you need to trade his soul to Snuggly The Crow...how she got it I do not know.
By Anonymous
Want is only a part of Humanity, As Nashandra who was the incarnation of Manus Want, was only one of four parts of Manus
By Kwzprtt
Posts Avatar
Humans have humanity... Humanity is like the "spirit" of all human-kind. Lords and bosses has Great Souls, Manus had the Dark Souls that splitted to fragments to create Nashandra, Nadalia, Karla and much more...
By Anonymous
Vilhelm has a good speach on that matter when we meet him later in the vilage library.
By CasulMLG
Posts Avatar
Does it spawn up to 5 projectiles, 1 for 10 INT stat, up to 5, as before?
By TSMP
Posts Posts Avatar
It's basically back to how it worked in Dark Souls 1 now: 32 Intelligence requirement, 5 orbs no matter what. It may in theory spawn fewer orbs at lower Intelligence like Homing Soulmass does, but as there is no way to use it below 32 (same point HSM gets 5), there is no way to really know.Which I guess is just a really roundabout way of saying "5 orbs all the time".
By Anonymous
It's what HSM and HCSM wish they were.
By Anonymous
Very useful spell. A bit costly, but useful nonetheless. Just set it and forget it.
By Anonymous
What happened to Hex it started amazing in ds1 dlc when it was introdiced. It 2 it was toned down and now it's basically redudant. Very expensive because you need faith and int and attenument but poor damage, extremely slow, this is the easiest spell on the game to dodge. It's the era on faith dex builds this one
By Anonymous
DS2 hexxes? Toned down? Lol. 99% of the reason arenas didn't make it to 3. Bro... Just stick to fight clubs.
By Anonymous
Not even, Fsith is ***** too, as well as Int, and just dex isn't too strong while just strength is too slow, it's pretty much just quality and that is all
By Anonymous
pyro here and pyromancy is stonk.

from what i have played pyro or quality seem to be the most sound builds.
By Tybudd
Posts Posts
the Dark Damage Pyro does great, what about this spell in comparison.?
By Anonymous
Better Tracking, If all hit higher damage
By Anonymous
I shredded the dancer to pieces on my dark magic sorcerer. Just focused on spamming GDS and put on affinity whenever I needed to build a bit of distance. I think I landed a dark edge or two in there as well.
By Kwzprtt
Posts Avatar
She enjoyed my Great Soul Dregs... 1k/hit.
By Anonymous
Great spell, but why does it cost so much? Isn't dark magic supposed to cost less fp but more stam?
By Anonymous
No, there's no such general rule in regards to FP and stamina cost as far as I know... can't recall if there was something like that in the previous games.Anyways, the reason this thing costs so much is because it has incredible burst potential. You do not want to take this thing to the face, it hurts a lot, especially if you also take a GDS or dark edge along with it.It is more PvP oriented rather than PvE oriented, but you can make use of it in PvE. For instances, it can be useful on some bosses when you need to back off for a second... when you go back in to reengage, you'll get the damage from the affinity plus whatever else you start throwing at it. Not the most efficient use of focus, but you don't necessarily need to be efficient against a boss so long as you kill them before your focus supply runs out.Jobber enemies can also be instantly annihilated by affinity if you character is powerful enough. This basically lets you attack an enemy without actually committing to an action, while you can spend time firing GDSs at a different enemy in the same room, for instance.So in summary, you take on less efficient use of focus for a freely cast attack that can do high burst daamge.
By Anonymous
#FixDarkMagic
By Anonymous
#BringBackHexes
By Anonymous
#TheyNeverWill
By Anonymous
It's Alva :)