Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Avelyn confirmed in library style area (where you change your head to candle ) ( i dont know name in english :D )
By Anonymous
is some thing like grand archives.
By Anonymous
Not sure where I got it, but I have one.
By Anonymous
The crossbow-wielding Cathedral Knights drop it.
By Anonymous
Ain't this one Knight's Crossbow ? Can't remember where I got my own heavy Crossbow, but I only have one in multiple playthroughs so it's either really hidden or dropping from mobs.
By Anonymous
According to the CE id list there is a heavy crossbow in game and a shield crossbow but if you try a swap drop it won't go in your inventory same with bow infusions.
By Anonymous
Heavy crossbow is confirmed by a good number of people, however the shield crossbow is likely cut content
By Anonymous
Wasn't the shield crossbow in Dark Souls 2?
By Anonymous
You cant infuse? Then theres no point in getting a crossbow because any other regular bow would be better, seriously , whats the pount of having crossbows in the game if they dont scale?
By Anonymous
They are more for utility and poking enemies down
By Anonymous
f****** roasted m8
By Anonymous
Well if you'd look past your ignorance and anger you'd realize bolts act very differently from arrows and travel faster across short distances, thus making them ideal for spacing as well as utility. For example, my easily angered friend, explosive bolts can be aimed at the floor to catch people in their roll. Same as fire bombs.Go cry more with your claymore.
By Anonymous
Yeah but dont forget that fire bombs sclae and crossbows and bolts dont... still useless in NG+
By Anonymous
It's also a very good supplement for a mage when low on FP and can be shot without immediately loading it afterwards.
By Anonymous
The only bow to outdamage the Arbalest is the Dragonrider's Bow when strength is 28 or higher, and even then, once you count ammunition, the Dragonrider's Bow only has 8 more total AR than the Arbalest, weighs more, has a useless weapon art, needs to be two-handed to be fired, and cannot fire instantly on swap. Bows are completely worthless this time around compared to crossbows my friend.
By Anonymous
"A large, powerful crossbow.
By Anonymous
wow thx wiki. deleted the entirety of the post. I'll put it up again when i get home. >___>
By Anonymous
Still pretty much a useless set of weapons aside from maybe pulling a mob every so often. No scaling and most importantly no infusion makes them nothing better than glorified mook pullers, and they're prone to miss in PvP with most people fast rolling now.
By Anonymous
I find them excellent in PvP. I use a +10 light crossbow in my offhand. Can easily punish missed swings and bad rolls. and it gets in their head and they have to change their play style.
By Anonymous
Crossbows are numerically superior to bows in every way this time around unless you have 28 or more strength. Their rate of fire is lower, but they land shots much more easily due to being able to fire immediately after swapping to them, they have better ammunition, generally better damage, better weight, higher versatility, and don't require mana consumption to be effective unlike certain bows.
By Anonymous
For Pvp the trick is to hold the trigger and timing the release, that is what throws people off as you can control their tempo if they're afraid to be punished.
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
The Cathedral Knight on the rafters is using it and he can drop it.
By Anonymous
It has been renamed to Arbalest. It even uses the same icon.
By Anonymous
No, he's right, there is a missing weapon named heavy crossbow. Can't remember where I found mine though.
By nielsoja
Roll Punishment: Do a 2 hit combo with your weapon, and then fire your crossbow, should catch them after they roll away from you. Also good if your oppenent predictibly rolls.Doesn't do a ton of damage but every bit of health lost hurts an invader. Decent to catch people when running away to chug also.