Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Anyone else find it odd that the sorcerer starts out with Mail Breaker a weapon that has been a bit hidden in the last two soul games?
By Anonymous
They're super generous with basic weapons in this one, you can actually get the uchigatana before you enter the fire link shrine if you want. Assuming you can best it's keeper.
By Anonymous
Dexterity increases casting speed so it makes sense.
By Anonymous
It does seem a bit odd, but I'm glad they're making it more available. The Mail Breaker was one of my favorite weapons from the old games, at least thematically.
By Anonymous
I'm not sure how those look in-game but if that picture is remotely accurate I know what I'll be wearing the entire game.+10 Starting gear, here I come.
By Anonymous
You cannot upgrade helms, gauntlets, leg slots, or armor / chest pieces. I've already been through the game once, and there's only a single blacksmith. He does not upgrade armor / clothing. It is possible that a new blacksmith exists in NG+, one who can upgrade everything, but I highly doubt it.
By Anonymous
That look like a white garbage bag xD the karla set looks way better! Like the wicked witch of the west. lol
By Anonymous
Oh? Did they take armor upgrades out in this one? I didn't see any announcement about it, but the other Dark Souls games had armor upgrading so I figured this one did too. Also, on this site (placeholders probably) they have slots for upgraded armor stats.
By Anonymous
I thought that Bloodborne theme was going to linger. No armor upgrading.Ah well, just need to learn how to roll around like a circus clown! Lol!
By Anonymous
Sadly, there seems to be no way to upgrade armor in this one.
By Anonymous
Can i made magic critical in that game?
By Anonymous
no
By Anonymous
You can still hit enemies in the head for bonus damage... although that's rather random with exception for handful of enemies.
By Shauneepeak
Still debating which class I will start as. I really want to be a spell-sword and I love rapiers but the lack of a good starting spell for the Assassin is making me lean more towards the Sorcerer.
By Anonymous
I would probably say Sorcerer. I've been doing some research, since i commonly play as a spellsword sort of character. I started all of the other souls games (back to demon souls) as the 'sorcerer' type class. From what I can tell in this one I'll probably be starting as a Pyromancer since the flames tend to be harder to get early on, but the first merchant in the game seems to have the Sorcerer staff and both starting sorceries so I'll be able to pick those up early and have my sorceries and pyromancies....I never cared about miracles...
By Anonymous
Assassin starts with Spook which lets you ignore fall damage which is amazing for finding secret shortcuts and getting in backstabs. Otherwise you can't get it until the (6th?) zone (about 10 hours in). But you can get heavy soul arrow right after you beat the first real boss.Also assassin starts with an estoc with has a great quick attack and the lunge is good for distance and armor break.
By Anonymous
Go with Assassin. Assassin has higher STR and DEX, which is very important for spell-swords. Assassin also has Spook, which is really useful for stealth and lessens the tense of falling. You can get the spells Farron Dart and Soul Arrow in Firelink Shrine after beating the tutorial boss.
By Anonymous
Seems like a decent starting class, but...
By Anonymous
Is it possible to play as a pure sorcerer/Mage in DS3? Like if I wanted to build purely to play like this and only pumped these stats is it viable or will I eventually run out of mana and be screwed?
By Anonymous
It is possible but it won't be easy. In my experience, it has worked out having magic imbued light weapons, like spears or rapier. In DS2 I had lots of good luck with a magic dagger.Anyway, like I said, it won't be easy but it will be possible.
By Anonymous
Also first playthrough WILL suck but if you can do it and get all; sorceries, pyromancies and miracles. Your second is gonna rock.
By Anonymous
from my experience as a pure mage in every souls game besides bloodbourn lol its a great option with loads of power and versatility especially if you use a rapier or something light for physical attacks, my first time through dks1 i 2 shot the last boss with homing soul mass so its pretty powerful even in this id assume
By Anonymous
I started as sorcerer... The start of the game is going to be tough... but if you can power through, theoretically later on it will pay off.I started off by leveling Vig and End with a little dexterity to add some decent quick weapons as options. Considering in the start of the game to go pure magic is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT without dying all the time. I am then banking on finding items to redistribute stats later on, when some better spells become available (the two missiles you start with are either not strong enough for the quick one, or way to slow for the more powerful one, though dexterity should improve this a bit.)Hoping they didn't leave out items to redistribute stats in this game... I can imagine they would... but you never know. On a high note, in the start of this game there is an EXCELLENT farming location for souls. Right when you get to the High Wall (first zone), go down the stairs to the left where you have a bunch of praisers who won't attack unless provoked, and just one enemy with a sword. Quickly kill him and the mob coming up the stairs (or he will wake 2 of the praisers if you you don't slay him), then just go around and take out each of the low health, passive praisers... Don't bother going anywhere else (not down or up the next stairs) as the time to souls ratio is lower in any other area. once you clear that one small area (should be about 420 souls worth if you didn't backstab anyone, or 30 souls a piece times 14 mobs) just run back up the stairs to the bonfire and do it again. with a weak weapon (two hits per low health praiser) I was able to clear the area in 1 minute and 45 seconds. With a stronger weapon (1 hit per low health praiser) I was clearing the area every 40ish seconds, add 10 seconds to run up to the bonfire and back down and you have 420 souls a minute.... That is VERY FAST for collecting souls,especially in that start. I spent just 1 hour farming and was able to level my weapon to +3 (they drop trition shards) and boost my stats to player level 26 or 27 or something... plenty enough to make your entry level crappy sourcerer character into a relatively normal player for starting the game. Not a lot of time in my eyes...
By Anonymous
I'm a pure sorcerer/pyromancer (sorcerer of the dark fiery crystal XD) it's possible but very tricky. Stats intelligence 60, attunement 40, faith 30, dexterity 30 and vigor 25-35. My spells; hidden body (sorcerer's best friend), dark fire orb (main attack), crystal soul spear (for more resilient ennemies), crystal homing souls mass (I'm easily distracted), firestorm (casting time SUCK but under the right circumstances awesome) and last but not least is a miracle called protection of the deep (because I use light armor). To help the mana voracity of my build I use only 5 health potions but 10 mana potions.
By Anonymous
Sorry for typos (like sourcerer...) But for some reason, beyond a certain number of characters typed in this window the window will no longer scroll down, and I am unable to read what I am typing... so.... I am actually relatively impressed there are as few typos as there were... Anyways, good luck! By the way, I am on the third area, and I still use that farming spot if I need a few thousand souls quick.
By Anonymous
It has been possible in previous games, I see no reason why it wouldn't be in 3.
By Anonymous
How can they make this class viable without a decent multitarget or instant cast spell..
By Anonymous
it's called balancing, Mages were basically easy mode in the past, insane damage in both melee and range with a lot of multi-target options and instant spells. It's a level playing field now
By Anonymous
So you think as you play, that's all it takes. Don't spare upgrades on the piece of steel as your magic gets stedily powerful. Dedicated mages should start hard like in other good RPG games. Thankfuly souls as a mage is no longer easy mode.
By Anonymous
Tho I would like them to fix the targeting system. Most of the times I die, is from bad targeting system. Even in dragon dogma it wasn't as bad and it's saying something.
By Anonymous
I use a pure sorcerer/pyromancer no weapons it's tricky but doable.
By Anonymous
I've been asking myself that question. As a hardcore Mage user from past soul games I've found it very frustrating to get anywhere as a spec.
By Anonymous
I played the game all the way through with over 80 hours just as a dedicated sorcerer. Early game absolutely BLOWS and bosses are tough as hell to solo. That said, late game I 1 shot everything before they even knew I was there. Boss fights were cake with even just an NPC to distract them a moment while I wailed on them.With the sage's ring and 20 dex you have maxed out cast speed and it makes life easier, but it's not absolutely needed to PVE. PVP kinda sucks 1v1, but it's really funny to see a spirit go after your buddy and get 1 shot by a crystal lance. Unfortunately spells are easy to dodge due to their terrible tracking.Staff upgrades are few and far between and very little armor is actually usefull unless you intend to get in the thick of things. The crystal sage's rapier is a very nice supplement though. Magic does not appear to crit.My last and BIGGEST complaint was with regard to the targeting system. I wish I could rename my character Storm Trooper or Hellen Kellar. It's VERY hard to shoot spells where you want to when enemies are out side of targeting range. You also can't cycle through targets to accurately hit the one you want in a large group. (Decan battle pre crystal lance or soul kamaehamaha spell). Would overwhelmingly recommend for PVE, but for an easier player/pvp experience go for a knight or assasin style build and skip the magic.
By Anonymous
I agree to share with you. I have a pure magician in DS 3 and say that it is even more competitive than warrior against warrior.It is not easy at first, but you need to know to play with magician, but will even suffer in PVP.
By Anonymous
Thanks for the info. It helped greatly.
By Anonymous
I agree to share with you. I have a pure magician in DS 3 and say that it is even more competitive than warrior against warrior.It is not easy at first, but you need to know to play with magician, but will even suffer in PVP.
By Anonymous
Probably storm trooper would work as a name. Helen could easily outshoot a storm trooper.
By Anonymous
Agreed. Weak early game, strong late game. Becoming a magic skirmisher is the most effective. Weapon and shield buffs, soul greatsword for a strong AOE melee, and 1k+ soul lance sniping. My biggest complaint would be the poor spell projectile speed and tracking, and frustrating nerfs to good spells. Playing a sorcerer has becoming less fun as of late. Get it together, FromSoft.
By Anonymous
So far I've enjoyed starting as a Sorcerer to later become a Spell Sword. I've done the same with the previous Dark Souls games. I find the Moonlight Greatsword to be the best weapon for it.