Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

How much is it sold for? 03/26/2016 14:53 Hours, Price not shown.
2000 souls
Unlike in previous installments, the parrying dagger no longer has a slash in the left hand, it is replaced with a block, thereby rendering the parrying dagger effectively useless in comparison to bucklers and target shields.
does have a niche use in that it weighs less than the alternatives if all you want is the parry, im currently looking for an off-hand parry that can take the blessed infusion for the regen (i know its tiny but its something) and this fits the requirements for the lowest weight
Wow that ruins my plans. Alas, if you're looking for a weapon with attacks and a parry in the left hand, rapier is the only one I've found so far.
What about Parry Windows? It the window the same as Target Shields and Bucklers? Is there a distinction between them all? Parrying seems tougher in this game so im interested
I am expert at parrying and the bucker or target shield is far superior to the parry dagger. If you want to paary, try the mentioned small shields for the best results :)
To parry with a buckler you don't have to be "parrying expert". Blind and deaf toddler with no hands can parry with a buckler.
Expert parry uses small shield.... lol use a caestus noob
You're an expert in having sex with horses.
Horse banger alert!!!
It doesn't have the niche use of regular daggers with their dodge abilities, and it doesn't have added defense of bucklers and small-shields... You can't even attack with it in your left-hand.

This thing is worthless, only the truly masochistic would dare stick with it despite how far it's fallen.
This is only an assumption, but have you ever thought using the "PARRYing Dagger" to... ehm... PARRY enemies...?
Its not for attacking its for parrying
>LOL @ these first 3 comments. Yeah its called a parrying dagger. What do daggers do? Stab people. Except this one can also parry. Meaning you should be able to do BOTH with it. I'm fine with it being in the game for the sake of variety, but its outclassed by the other fast parrying shields. No point trying to sugarcoat it.

.....what? The dagger is made for the specific purpose of parrying with the curved guard, so what if it's weak? I find it easier to parry with than anything else as well with manikan claws being second.
"Parrying dagger" .......ho boy, lets think about this one for a sec.
LOL @ these first 3 comments. Yeah its called a parrying dagger. What do daggers do? Stab people. Except this one can also parry. Meaning you should be able to do BOTH with it. I'm fine with it being in the game for the sake of variety, but its outclassed by the other fast parrying shields. No point trying to sugarcoat it.
Is the window for parrying better (than the buckler/target shield) with the parrying dagger to compensate for the completely ***** defense?
It has ***** defense to compensate for the better parrying. The name means "this dagger is for parrying."
To all who say it sucks please remember its meant for parrying not blocking btw the dagger is lighter than most shields and if it doesn't parry on time than thats cuz you suck at parrying, and stop using the dagger for attacking because it not what its for
To add to this don't place the dagger in your shield slot and just put it in your second slot
Or the dagger has more start up frames to start the parry which makes it one of the worst
Honestly anything else is better to parry
ah april 2016....the time when noobs spread their back products here....uh...smells fishy bro ;)
So parry is a weapon art now, does the parrying dagger still has better parrying window?
Small shields are your best bet either of the parry animations for them will be fine
From my experience with it its one of the worst to parry with now

TheOneCaptain

Souls: 50.00
The parrying dagger is good it just feels different from most parry tools
It got the most active parry frames, tied with the buckler, target shield etc. However it does have a rather slow parry startup. So you gotta get used to the timing and to hit the parry button earlier then you normally would with say a claw of fist weapon.
Not sure if it means anything, but when parrying in right hand/2handed, it has the loud critical woosh noise when doing the parry animation. It doesn't when left handed.
Is the parry window still the same even though you don't have 14dex? I tried it and it seemed the same but I'm not sure.
What are you maining that doesn't require 14 dex?
He is not a filthy casul u ***