Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

>Thrusting damage
THAT IS WHAT I NEEDED TO SEE
***** YOU DKS2 FOR RUINING MY FAVORITE WEAPON
>HURR DURR SLASHING DAMAGE
***** YOU ***** YOU ***** YOU ***** YOU
THANK YOU DKS3
THANK YOU SO MUCH
I AM CRYING TEARS OF JOY
YES
YES!
YESSS!!!
Dark Souls 2 was the *****tiest game in the series to be fair. But technically the hammer was the bread and butter of the weapon, the hook being used to pierce armour, pull people off horses, etc.
now hopefully the leo ring is back as well
YOU *****ING BET IT IS, ****
WOOOOOOOOO
Potentially the new mirdan hammer? Add blessed to it and we are back in demon souls r1 spamming.
This weapon has been in these games since Dark Souls 1...
No he was right. Weapon was around since Demon's Souls; it was the first Souls game.
yeah in Demon's souls it was the miridan hammer, and you used the hammer side instead of the curved thrusting side. and yes, the faith regen build is back. i buff my lucerne with blessed weapon, and have a blessed infused halberd to switch to when the buff runs out. pair it with sun princess ring, ancient dragon gshield and bountiful sun for best effect.

Grandmaster_Beer

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Love this weapon since the beginning.
I guess I will go with a 'Heavy' Infused Lucerne and a Strengh Build for my first playthrough.

2 more days...
why aren't there any halberds with a stab and the overhead swing? I am maining this weapon now at +6 as there are no better halberds in DS3. they ruined my BKH being obtainable so friggin late in the game. Black knight halberd is gone so is the Blue Knight. y so few Halberds From?!
You can obtain the BKH real early if you just fight Dancer early
The Glaive weapon has a similar moveset to the old halberds of DS2. I too was a bit put off by the updated movesets.
Sigh you still don't swing this thing properly! The hammer is supposed to be the main weapon on a Lucerne, the hook really meant as an anti cavalry measure,i.e. to pull a rider off his mount (or the horse itself)!
Cool story.
Nice response *.

Considering you're mostly going to be fighting armoured opponents, I would personally use the hook side to get inside their armour.
Hammer (and all other blunt weapons) are GREAT vs armour. So hammer indeed WAS main "end" to use on battlefiled when warrior fought other warrior with ot. But in dark souls it may be different and possibly most hollows, monsters etc. are unarmoured so spike is better.
Does anyone know how to thrust this ting like a spear? I was in the graveyard with the maggot puking zombies swinging away and somehow I started jabbing at one of the ones curled up on the ground with the spearhead but I can't seem to repeat this. Any ideas?
What this might be is what happens in the rare case a backstab fails or is canceled
description says Thrusting, but none of its moves are thrust animations at all!
It has a spike in its line of movement. Even though it's an overhead smash, it has a spike in its normal attack's contact point's position. It creates an overhead, downward thrust with a spike tip coming down. A strong attack has a similar effect. It has a horizontal slash with a spike that aims towards the side of the attacker, creating a sideways thrust attack. Also, if you are close enough, said spike may get around that annoying shell...
See that big pokey thing on the end? The thing that THRUSTS into enemies when you swing it?
The damage itself is the 'thrust' type, like a rapier or spear; it doesn't specifically 'thrust,' it's just how the damage is calculated.

VoxelAG

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Hold your shield up. Shame there aren't any more thrusting attacks in the moveset, though.
the exact same moveset like black knight glaive paired with low stat requirements and open options to infuse or buff makes this weapon way better and it's so undererstimated. I deal 1,4k damage with r1-l2-r2 combo with a faith-int build with it, it's possibly the best weapon in the entire game for pvp as pyromancer lol
Seems "Powerful and underrated"