Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Plain but effective
Definitely using this throughout my game
The most boring but effective weapon. Used by plebs
lol
salty plebs cant handle the truth
"Real warriors. Like me, as I digitally swing my sword"

Squeaky245

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 90.00
Wiki Edits: 17
I bet you use a katana.
"Youra infurior gaijin straighta swordu cannota bestu my superior Eastern brade. You're arr justa sarty prebs."
"I need a flashy weapon to compensate for my tiny *****!!!"

Real warriors use the basic necessities.
This game as a whole is for plebs... you're only kidding yourself... They might as well name the next game:

Dark Souls IV: Black Ops: 2017.
yeah but in Dark souls 2 I made it all the way through every playthrough with my basic longsword +10. simple, sweet, to the point. no need for fancy crap.
"This game as a whole is for plebs" If that's true every game is for plebs.

ManatuBear

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Souls: 51,917.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 8692
PLEASE do not add your scaling to the tables, add only the base damage. When the game shows something like xxx + xxx in the equip menu, only the first numbers are the base damage, the second set of numbers (after the +) are the bonus scaling your character gets from his stats.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Dunno why they put 2 swords doing same thing(same moves) but one is stronger then the other. Longsword is my favourite in DS2, its one of the only swords that doesn't look like fantasy sword. Sadly in DK3 it suits only as starting sword and has no place later on.

Zethras

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 112.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Get a grip, dude...Longsword is a *****ing top tier weapon
It doesn't have the highest damage, I give you that, but it's fast, with a decent AR, with low stamina drain per hit, a good reach, a versatile moveset....I'm finishing my second playthrough with a heavy tank character and I can tell you this: faster weapon as this one are the best for this game, more than they were on previous ones ;)
Wrong. It is easily the most balanced weapon in the game, and has ridiculous damage if you upgrade it right.
Lol man, you must be joking.
Lightest of straight swords and literaly takes no stamina to hit (can hit 9-10 times in a row with high END)
Infuse it with fire (you can get fire gem on start) and go stunlock anyone to death. No need to raise DEX or STR, just git as much stamina and health as you can. Works for both PvE and PvP
this ends up being the strongest sword in the game. you're clueless.
I used longsword all the way up until Grand Archives

Chillled

Souls: 470.00
Wiki Edits: 84
what game are your playing? its weight allows it to knock of 7 swipes at 28 endurance meaning you will be spitting out consistent damage in pvp
What do you mean by "no place later on." Its one of the best straight swords for quality builds if not the best.
Cannot tell if trolling or joking tbh Longsword with 40 Dex/Str build>>>> Low stamina usage, decent AR and range and fast. It's one of the most versatile weapon in the game even late game.
Actually it is viable later on, i have it at +10 refined and i could still contest the nameless king on ng+2 with it
An elegant weapon.. for a more civilised age
*civilized
Either one is fine. Civilised is for the Brits and civilized for the Mericans.
this should be merged with the Long Sword page that is displayed on the weapons list!
I started off with a knight and im going for a strenght build. Is it better to go the heavy or the refine path with the longsword?
refine path
40 Str, 40 Dex -> gg
Go for the heavy path. It will scale better with your strength although you will lose out on the damage of the refined path. However it won't matter because as a strength build your dexterity would not be high enough to take advantage of the refined gem anyways.
Honestly if you're going strength I would switch to a better strength scaling weapon, like the Butchers Knife (Axe) or I found the warpick enjoyable. If you're looking for something earlier in the game grab the claymore on the high wall of lothric.

Zethras

Obsessed
Commander

For a STR build the Heavy Darksword is the way
I can confirm. Just got a Longsword from a Soldier with no Shield.
Used lightning longsword all the way to dragonslayer armor boss which i am stuck on.
The boss is resistent to lightning, use a weapon with frost-damage

Zethras

Obsessed
Commander

So let me get this straight....you are using a LIGHTNING weapon to fight a boss which uses LIGHTNING and are CLEARLY resistant as ***** against it and you're surprised about you getting stuck to it? Wow....just.....wow..... XD
That boss sucks, resistant to lightning and dark as well as being immune to bleed. Doesn't leave faith builds with many options to fight it.
Raw astora straight sword + darkmoon blade buff?
I have no idea why everyone thinks that boss is so hard. I died once because I was being stupid and kept hitting the legs of that dragon thing, but the second time I beat the dragon and the actual boss on the first encounter.