Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
luck is a useless stat too much point investment to have poison build scaling or bleed scaling
By Anonymous
Luck is what makes thief unique from the get-go. There are many benefits if one invests in this stat.
By Anonymous
For most builds, you'd be absolutely right! But for crazy gimmick builds that I can't wait to create, not so much. Look up the Blue blood Sword from Demon's Souls.
By oddisy
You can infuse weapons to scale with Luck.
By Drake_Bridge_Invader
Posts Avatar
I don't think it will be useless for thieves, and players going for condition effect attacks. I've used poison arrows in DS1 and DS2 in pvp and out, so I am looking forward to seeing what it does, and how it helps my thief.
By Xerav
Posts Avatar
And we don`t know how powerful Bleed/Poison in DS3 is .. if bleed is like DS1 than maybe
By Anonymous
I've already splooged over Arstor's Spear...now I have MORE to splooge over!!!
By Anonymous
I'm curious how exactly does luck influence poison and bleed? Does it increase the damage or increase how much you build up. I'm curious since bleed seems to be a percentage damage effect. Also does Toxic count as well since it is technically poison. Thinking about making a conditionmancer by building a luck build with faith for the the gnaw spells and and base Int for the toxic/poison breath pyro spells.
By Newuserdk
I'm also curious why the aux damage is not visible in the character page in any of the screenshots I have seen. The poison / bleed defenses are.The bleed description is as follows: "Effect: Take damage equal to percentage of max HP"Taking that into account, it would make sense to guess that Luck boosts the buildup speed rather than the damage.
By Anonymous
This is conjecture based on vocabulary context, but I would assume luck would simply make it easier to poison or bleed enemies, and to avoid poison or bleed perhaps (less likely, but possible)not up the damage
By Anonymous
Anyone figure out by how much bleed and poison are boosted with luck?
By Anonymous
As of right now im Testing it ... am a bit hesitant to really go all out on luck (18 so far ... will get it up to 25 asap (im only lvl 28 so yeah :D) What i noticed is that the drops are huge compared to my previous character ... i dropped a longsword and titanite shards in the first area from random mobs ... as well as a lot of gear. Also worth noting that i dropped the knights armor on my 5th knight kill.. my first character didnt have such "luck"
By Anonymous
So the the game's most obvious dump-stat is also the only stat that can make the game less grindy.Great.***** it, From. Why couldn't item-discovery just remain gear boosted attribute? Now we have to actually commit a build to non time-consuming farming. Ugh. Really stupid.
By Neffar
Don't forget your mimic helm!
By Anonymous
Git patiund.
By Anonymous
it is again gear boosted, just get the covetus ring again and or the sage rapier, go hollow and you are good to go.
By Anonymous
On the right weapon hollow infused it's far from a dump stat because you can triple/quadruple scale a weapon. Might want to use those critical thinking skills lol.
By Anonymous
People are all salty saying luck is a dump stat but it can be your scaling stat if you infuse with hollow gems haha
By Redmoon383
Or even better, Anri's straight sword. It has luck, faith, strength, and dexterity scaling, making it one of the highest damaging straight swords, if not the most damaging, in the game.
By Lord_Fyren
Does anyone know if Luck is as broken as it was in Demons Souls? As in, raising it would actually HINDER your chance at getting rare drops. Or have they fixed this issue a long time ago, and I'm just worrying about nothing?
By Anonymous
I'm suspicious that it is broken, but I don't have enough evidence to say one way or the other at the moment. My pyromancer with 7 luck seems to be getting significantly more rare drops than my thief with 20-40 luck did, and my thief also seemed to fall victim to the weird pattern of just getting the same common items over and over almost every time.
By Anonymous
I think luck may affect the chance of critical strike. Someone have to test this out.
By Anonymous
@Redmoon: Random critical hits actually a thing. Sometimes attack hit makes distinct sound and does a bit more damage. Just like with engraved gauntlets in DS2 but without gauntlets. Also seems that magic can crit too.
By Anonymous
Or you could be mistaking a "bleed" effect which makes a sound and takes a chunk of health off
By Redmoon383
Sorry for spelling errors, I'm on mobile.
By Redmoon383
To my knowledge there I no such think as a random critical in this game. However there are critical attacks like backstabs and ripostes forme parries, but as for a random hit that does more damage, no. And the critical attacks are also not effected by luck
By Neffar
I'm pretty certain that crits are not a thing in this game and what you are mistaking for crits are counter hits which is you dealing more damage anytime you hit an enemy while they are doing any action.
By Anonymous
anyone know if Luck aids the Host while a phantom, or is it completely dependent on the Host?does being a Host increase item discovery? i thought it used to in older dark souls
By Anonymous
"is Luck useless as a Phantom?"