Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Sad weapon class
By Anonymous
I tried so hard to make the battleaxe and brigand axe work for me but... the strightswords are just so much better. The tiny step in poise damage the axes provide actually work AGAINST you when fighting things like dogs, as instead of hitting them with the follow up they flop away to safety lol
By Anonymous
Straight swords are better than just about everything, moveset-wise. Axes are far cooler though.
By Anonymous
Probably the single worst weapon type in the game. Slower than Straight Sword, crappy reach and no Hyper Armor. Only partial exceptions are Butcher's Knife (for its silly reach, excellent scaling and neat Health Regen gimmick) and Winged Knight Twin Axes for Spin2Win.

No matter what you're looking for, there's a 90% chance another weapon does it better than Axes do.
By Anonymous
I see you haven't been riposted with axes yet...
By Anonymous
Dragonslayer's Axe is solid
By Anonymous
They're still better than most of the ultra/great class weapons IMO. All of the axes have a quick rolling attack, with decent range, which can take you a long way in both PvE and PvP.
By Anonymous
Axes are only mediocre and don't have any particular niche, greataxes are by and large the worst weapon class. No range, no speed, poor movesets and weapon arts. They're literally just even worse greathammers, all the way down to generally lower damage because of standard vs. strike.
By Anonymous
Axes are hurt the most by the DS3's poise system. Anything slower than a straight sword is at a disadvantage unless it has hyper armor.