Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Jesús power ?
All the dislikes lol
Nonetheless Jesus is powerful
Jesus is super *****ing weak to spears
Does heal scale on faith?
Yes, all miracles do
is faith lightning bolts strong?
I just made a post on this comment thread. It is kinda lengthy, but it should help you visualize how you should scale faith.

Give it a read!
Yes, but only if you put extra points into faith and use an upgraded talisman.
Not untill 35+ faith. at least thats what ive found. Lightning weapons scale very well though. Disclaimer i only have lightning spear not GLS
Any gear increase faith besides rings, like Dark Souls 2 did with some stats?

No, weapons offer no bonuses to attributes, only damage. Armor only offers damage resistance.
What is the best Talisman is the Saints Talisman the best cuz the scales at A in faith
Yorshka's is the best Chime, but the weapon art for Talismans is better (increases poise so you can cast through enemy attacks). The Canvas Talisman seems to be the best all rounder.
yorshka's chime is the best faith talisman, although you have to kill her for it.
Yorshka's Chime is the best. If you buff with Rose Of Ariendel however it can be a devastating combo. Rose of Ariendel buffs all miracles for a given time.
Sunless talisman is also good as it allows the caster to be unstunable for a short period of time while casting.
normal talisman - 23faith and below
canvas talisman - 24- 40
saints talisman - 40-60+

yorshka's chime has best spell buff at higher lvls like saints talisman but has no poise weapon art

hope this helped a bit (sorry if numbers are off a bit i just gave a around about so you have a idea)
Scaling from 1~40 faith is absolutely dreadful. I can just say that, when it comes to 40~60 faith, it becomes a very good build.

With Sunlight spear (using the sun's first born ring -- but if you don't use it, the damage between the 5 faith is still over 60 for ranged strike):
43 Faith ranged: 515 -- Melee: 861
I equip the priest ring for +5 faith and the results were:
48 Faith ranged: 586 (+73 dmg) -- Melee: 973 (+112 dmg)
The damage increased quite drastically for just 5 faith... imagine how strong it would be at 60 faith :)

With Lightning Stake (took a few tries to actually get this accurate since the perfect hit is SO HARD to land)
43 faith perfect: 613
48 faith perfect: 701 -- +88 dmg

It should also be mentioned that faith's scaling to the Dragonslayer's swordspear affects the lightning bolt and the overall lightning weapon effect (it is known that the normal damage from the spear is also slightly affected by faith):
Lightning bolt:
43 faith: 837
48 faith: 846 (+9 dmg, which isn't much, but noticable nonetheless)
Buffed Normal:
43 faith: 511 normally
48 faith: 512 normally (+1 dmg) -- lame!
Buffed strong:
43 faith: 1021 normally
48 faith: 1023 normally (+2 dmg) -- lame!
So while you're weapons may not receive much of a boost, your damaging miracles receive a lot. Just make sure that you are scaling above 40 faith or else the damage will be very low.

I use a Saint's Talisman +10 btw. I hope I helped people who are wanting to do a miracle build!
I'd also like to add that, after hitting 49 faith:
the sunlight melee damage reached 996, which is another 22 dmg from ONE point of faith.
the swordspear lightning bolt damage increased by 2
Almost everyone is sayin that faith build is waste of time. I really dont agree.

Faith is support. Intelligens and pyromancy is for atacking.

I play faith build and I keep all alive and buffet. And my opinion is that lightning scale weapons and lightning sword (buff) are really good. With 60 faith+hornet ring+lightning cluth ring+lightning lothrit straitght sword I one shot many invaders. Also doing over 300 dmg early game with lightning spear if I am near. So its not so bad.

I dont understand why you want to get everything: super damage, amazin buff and best healing. If that is the case, faith build would be OP.

Isnt it enough when you get best healin+buff and good dmg?

Sorry my bad english. I am just an old viking from Finland.
Thank you! People wanna whine just because they can't easily one to two tap things but then they don't want to get creative and use more than 3 miracles.
SUOMI USKOA

LittlePun76

Souls: 50.00
So i have read a big reddit post about faith scaling etc, and i want to know if its worth to go even more faith like a pure faith build

For example 28 Vig (decent hp), 30 attunement ( enough mana and spell slots imo) and 75 faith for maximum damage

its kinda pure damage miracle caster, but i think it could be very scary if the scaling is that good!

LittlePun76

Souls: 50.00
ok thx for the reply, im just wondering how the spell buff increase is, having more attunement and hp seems to be the better solution
It's not really worth going over 60. If you want to increase your damage, look towards Ring of the Suns Firstborn and/or Lightning Clutch Ring to improve damage.
Also, saving the 15 levels from Faith would benefit other stats, improving survivability and possibly damage (most weapons have STR/DEX scaling as well as faith)
Going above the softcaps for any stat is pretty much useless. There is too much wasted points for too little damage etc.
a pure faith build is very devistating however unlike a mage build there is no weapon that scales well with faith so a playthrough is difficalt at the start, but by the end it will be well worth it. eather use the dragonslayer axe or a weapon that can be infused with a lightning gem for melee perpouses this will let the weapon scaile s in faith.
Give the astora straight sword infused with raw a try. My build has low strength and dex so the raw helps with damage. Pair that with dark/lightning sword or blessed weapon add a decent amount of damage. My paper thin cleric puts put a nice amount of damage.
Lightning gem in a dark sword works great.
try the lothric knight greatsword, it has natural lightning damage and it can still be buffed/infused so you can doublestack faith scaling
To Anon from Sep 15 2016, all of my yes. A raw infused Astora Straight Sword can carry any faith user through the game until you find a substantial weapon with great Faith scaling. My suggestion is to find the Astora Greatsword (I'm seeing a trend here) in the graveyard in the Cathedral of the Deep, slap a lightning gem onto that (S Scaling with Faith, holy *****), and just start wrecking house. titanite Reinforcement is the only thing you will need to worry about until it's a +10, then it's damn near a cakewalk. Though that's to say if it was the best Faith weapon in the game, which goes honorably to the Dragonslayer Swordspear. Notably, it does less initial damage without the lightning buff compared to the Astora Greatsword, but both the buff and it's ability Falling Bolt make it one hell of a weapon. Also notable that it's the personal weapon of the First Son of Gwyn (hard *** fight, but worth it in the end) infused with the power of the King of the Storm. If that huge piece of lore doesn't make the Dragonslayer Swordspear cool as ***** along with it's pretty damn good damage output, I don't know what will. But thats my two cents about things. ;)