Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

After I have sent Greirat to Lothric Castle I have talked to Patches and then I have never gone to Lothric Castle. Then i went to Dreg Heap. This is the first time I have started Ringed City. After that Patches was standing in a room which is on the first right of the Spiral Tower after Ringed City Streets Bonfire. Even I was standing near him, there was no choise of “Talk” then I hit him and then he started to attack me. When I died and came back near him, he continued to attack me and I killed him. However killed him, there was no “drop”. I couldn’t get ash or anything. I didn’t see any information about those above on the website. I would be really appreciated if anyone helps me about why this happened or someone who has the same situation with me. I don’t know if I can talk to him there and I don’t know what he says after I hit him.
what idiot censored "damn"?
He's still a vendor if you don't forgive him, so there's no reason to forgive him at all? Why didn't I know this earlier, now I have to wait until the next playthrough to get the gesture!
Forgiving him allows you to continue Greirat's story.

Gr4ndp4_4rt0r145

Casual
Convict

Souls: 130.00
Wiki Edits: 15
Not forgiving him makes him give you a rusted gold coin for absolutely no charge, useful for farming along with the crystal sage's rapier, gold serpent ring+3 and the symbol of avarice.
So I'd already climbed the rafters before talking to him and I'd already opened and exploredthe firelink tower. Am I just muffed for these questlines this NG?
If you already completed the Cathedral of the Deep, you'll have missed his encounter there. He should show up at firelink after the abyss watchers and you'll be able to do his greirat quests from there, including buying the catarina set to save Siegward
This isn't true. I have completed both Cathedral of the Deep and Abyss Watchers without seeing him once, and he is not showing up in Firelink. Wiki is wrong on this point.
Have you gone back up the tower to the point where you found the firekeeper eyes? I'm not sure but it's worth trying if you haven't already. Go up the lift in the tower with the Master at the bottom, then come back down the lift, he might be there (as long as you've killed Abyss Watchers)
Patches will never go Hollow. He has a purpose in life.
He exists to punish greed. As long as people exist, there will be greed, and therefore, there need for its punishment. Patches is eternal. That may also be why Patches cares so much for Greirat. Greirat may be a thief, but there is not a selfish bone in his tiny body.

Gr4ndp4_4rt0r145

Casual
Convict

Souls: 130.00
Wiki Edits: 15
Actually, Patches does go hollow, you should try The Ringed City DLC sometime.
This needs to be edited. Under Notes "If you meet him at neither the cathedral or the bell tower, he will appear as a merchant after you defeat the Abyss Watchers" is completely untrue.
It's partly true because you have to go the bell tower to get him after abyss watchers. I just did it 5 minutes ago. I had forgotten to talk to him at the cathedral & he disappeared from there. So, I talked to siegward at the Chapel, came back to fire link, went to the top of the bell tower (this HAS to be done) came down the elevator & he had locked the gate. Later he became the merchant in Firelink
"He exists to punish the greedy." > Meet an adventurer, lie and tell him there's treasure up for grabs in an obvious trapped area. > He takes the bait, the greedy rat, i drop him in a pit, murder him, and steal all of his stuff to prove my point. > Sell all of his stuff as my own wares to other people whom i also plan on murdering. > Totally justified, the avaricious slime deserve it. If you like Patches, good for you, but he's not punishing anybody. He's just a bandit, plain and simple. He has some shreds of empathy, saving Greirat when necessary, but he also steals Onion Man's armor and uses it to try and murder you, a complete stranger whom he has no right to morally judge. Maybe we're all a little evil in this world, but just stop trying to paint him as some kind of anti-hero. He's a bandit. We are too, sometimes. But that's all. You steal to survive, and if he's supposed to punish the greedy, he's a massive hypocrite.
Nah he's just a *****.
I forgot to go past the Giant and boss area to open the main doors and find Patches and went up to the rafters and dropped down, only then remembering not to proceed to Rosaria's Bed Chamber Bonfire so I could get Patches. Unfortunately just dropping from the rafters into that area where you first encounter Man-Grubs is enough to prevent him from spawning.
So does killing DLC boss will make him back?
It's partly true because you have to go the bell tower to get him after abyss watchers. I just did it 5 minutes ago. I had forgotten to talk to him at the cathedral & he disappeared from there. So, I talked to siegward at the Chapel, came back to fire link, went to the top of the bell tower (this HAS to be done) came down the elevator & he had locked the gate. Later he became the merchant in Firelink.