Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

a new stone at last!
Are you just saying to me that EVERY WEAPON can become a Blue Blood Sword? HOLY MOTHER OF DROPS, BATMAN!
GUYS GUYS

That thing makes things scale with luck
You know what else scales with luck ?
->Bleed, as in daggers and katanas
->Poison
These are the weapons of a ninja,
So you know what that means
Oh yes

NINJA LOOT BUILD CONFIRMED
Ninjas don't use Katanas, they're far too unpractical.
they did give us an assassin build right off the bat with pretty high luck, could be pretty cool
Talk no jutsu
a ninjato is similar enough to a katana, it counts. but maybe you prefer your ninjas in orange jumpsuits who run around with their arms outstretched...
Anyone know where to get one of those?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
I strongly suspect that both of the given locations are referring to the same Hollow gem, but they both also gave the wrong bonfire. Went ahead and changed it.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I FINALLY managed to farm one of these off a Corvian in Road of Sacrifices, after no less than five hours of featherdusting. Turns out it's only the staff ones who drop them, and the ones with daggers or scythes drop Shriving Stones instead. And that was with the Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice, and 11 Luck for 267 item discovery total.
"Weapons and shields infused with Hollow will boost the wielder's Luck stat at 15 or more hollowing, based on the upgrade level of the weapon and/or shield."

Can anyone gives some examples of big this boost is? Could potentially mean leaving luck less than 40 on a luck build?
Maximum +5 per weapon if it's +10. So if you're weapon and shield are both hollow +10 you get +10 Luck.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Infusing a weapon will always reduce the base damage, but in some cases it seems to improve Strength and Dexterity scaling and in other cases it seems to very slightly decrease them. In all cases, a Hollow weapon scales rather poorly with Luck and gains more AR from Strength and Dexterity, to the point where the weapon usually ends up slightly better than a normal, uninfused weapon just off softcapped Str/Dex and its own +5 boost to Luck. But for a build with high Strength and Dexterity investment, a weapon infused with a Refined Gem would always be better.

It's a very odd infusion. I'd say it's really only worth it if you already have 40 Strength and/or 40 Dexterity, at which point raising Luck to 40 as well would be the only way to get more physical AR. It's probably not very well suited for lower level characters unless you really, really like status effects and aren't too concerned about the attack rating.
Some weapons increase base damage from non-raw infusions. For example, when I went to infuse my great machete with bleed, the base damage went up as well as the scaling and, of course, the bleed damage. Looked at the other infusions and the ones that didn't split the damage types seemed to give it a boost to the base damage.

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Well yeah, but I'm talking about the Hollow infusion increasing scaling sometimes, not reducing base damage. Mainly because the "Upgrade Materials" page says it reduces str/dex scaling, when this isn't always the case.
The only infusion that won't reduce base damage is Raw, it increases it at the expense of removing all scaling.

sometimes the hollow gem can be a way to maximize damage on a weapon when you are already at 40STR and 40DEX

example: Drang Twinspears +10 (ive come across other weapons with very similar/same results)
not infused: 200 + 168
refined: 180 + 181
hollow: 190 + 171 (and this is with only 19 LUCK (14 base + 5 from gem))

and the weapon can skill be buffed with for example carthus flame arc
Have farmed the staff wielding corvians for over an hour now and got the staff 5 times but not a single gem.
I can confirm it. For a luck build I was having some garbage luck for almost an hour. It does drop though. Halfway keep bonfire, backtrack to kill the two storytellers and homeward to last rested at is where I did the grind. Good luck