Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

One of my favorite weapons in DS1, I was sad to it so ill-treated in 2. Hope it can return in its former glory here!

Drake_Bridge_Invader

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 102.00
Very keen to put it to good use.
The class ive played in every DeS , DS DS2(made from deprived) and DS3 was the thief so ill get all the dagger stats for you guys

Dorkmoon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
...I think this thing on a dex/luck build could be interesting utility as an off hand weapon. It hits so fast that when coupled with the bleed increase of luck, it could compliment a main weapon for acumulation very well. Goes really well together with a rapier like Estoc in main hand too as a suggestion.
no, why would you want it on a dex build ? and it's horrible with an estoc.

if you really want it go with a real luck/hollow build, using warden twinblades/onikiri+ubadachi
I've only played through once, but I used shield of want and bandit's knife (poision) in the left with the uchigatana (sharp) in the right for the whole game and it worked well. My main stat was dex and I built in some luck as a secondary trait. At some points I switched the bandit's knife in the right hand, mainly when I found I wanted to have the shield full-time instead of relying on dodges like it's Bloodborne. Like I said, it worked well, although a bleed infusion would have been nice in some places. The knife would hit so fast I could often get both bleed and poison on a target in one or two combos. I also poisoned a few people in PvP, though really this was a PvE build and was grossly underleveled for PvP.

Chillled

Souls: 470.00
Wiki Edits: 84
This dagger is godlike with bleed. it applies 51 bleed per attack, coupled with Carthus Rogue ups the bleed effect to 96!!! Good lord this weapon is unreal in PvP. Your attacks are lightning fast because of the dagger move set. I was able to down 3 summons at once due to its unholy amount of bleed damage. Truly the underdog of Dark Souls 3. 10/10, would bleed again.

Chillled

Edit: Apparently the bleed infusion coupled with the Carthus Rouge was unintended and From patched it out. This means DO NOT infuse the weapon with Bleed, this will remove the ability to apply Carthus Rogue to your dagger (without the Carthus rogue and only the Bleed infusion your dagger will only do a base 51 Bleed Damage as opposed to the 78 Bleed Damage you would revive from the regular Bandits Knife and the Carthus Rogue combination.)

So in short don't apply the Bleed infusion (use Sharp or Refined depending on your build), stick with the Carthus Rogue for max Bleed output

- Chillled
No, don't use sharp or refined. Use Hollow, get a bonus to bleed, luck, luck scaling, and still able to buff with carthus Rogue.
Right Hand 1: Warden Twinblades +10
Left Hand 1: Bleed Bandit Knife +10
Right Hand 2: Avelyn
Bolts: Splintering Bolts
Apply Carthus Rouge on Warden Twinblades
Now spam.
pff please, git gud, use warden twinblade with hollow infusion, same with bandit knife,

Drake_Bridge_Invader

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 102.00
Does low damage against gundyr, poor reach, a very poor match-up against knights, hollows with shields, or tough opponents.

Chillled

it requires a great amount of skill and practice early game however with patience you will develop a skill set that will produce a godlike late game and unreal invasions. But in saying that daggers aren't for everyone
Just parry Gundyr and profit from the 120 critical.
Exactly. As long as you're able to parry Gundyr a few times, it's easy to get behind the smoke beast version and get your hits in. Took me a few practice tried because I suck at parrying, but once I got the feel for it, it went smoothly.
I went from heavy hitters with Ultra class weapons, to a Thief and beat Gundyr with the dagger faster than I ever had before, without dying once. Easy to dodge behind his attacks with quickstep and get 2 or 3 attacks in, and then bleed does its job.
As a person who started DS3 with experience in DS1 and DS2; the bandit knife was the best in the beginning. That quick step ability was so useful and bandit knife lets me sneak in attacks and dodge away cos its attack is so fast. When I got the uchigatana, I thought I wouldn't need to use bandit knife again, but for me personally, I could survive more easily with the bandit knife.

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 206.00
I have found that quickstep is the death of enemies with slow attacks, like knights and bosses.
Git gud
+8 base damage at+10
Boss weapon for the king of the ambush