Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

You bastard!
The Knight class can just barely wield this sword and the knight shield without being overburdened with starting vitality. 69.6%.
ayyy 69 nice
Stop using a shield, baddie
I may be wrong on this, but I sincerely doubt this thing has 100 natural bleed damage. Edit?
That might be the critical hit image you are looking at...
When infused with a Heavy Gem, the Badtard Sword has A scaling in STR, not B.

emily96

Souls: 165.00
Wiki Edits: 23
Fixed
Dropped by bastards

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 206.00
This looks like an English long sword, the long sword in the game is an arming sword, and the sword that most closely resembles a real bastard sword in its proportions is the Irithyl straight sword. Nice work, Fromsoft.
this isn't For Honor. And thank Gwyn it isn't.

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

Never played For Honor. I just know this from studying and training with historical weapons and fighting styles.
Weeb

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

I've never used a katana, actually.
Long sword is based on real libgswords. Real longswords where ment to be used with one or two hands. Arming swords are one haneded typically paried with a shield. This is a Bastard Sword aka hand and a half. Do more research before making false claims of historical swords noob

WildBoar

Regular
Battle Tested

I don't know what a "libgsword" is but real bastard swords are not this long. They are between an arming sword and longsword in length and can be used with or without a shield. While you can use this sword one-handed in the game, it clearly isn't correctly proportioned to be accurately called a bastard sword by historical standards. By the standard of your poorly-worded reply, any UGS in this game would have to be considered a bastard sword, which would be ridiculous. I've been studying this***** for 3 years now, noob.
"Bastard" because this weapon is supposed to be between one handed and two handed swords. Between Longsword and Greatswords. Able to use it fitting the situation. Not because some guy came into this world before his/her parents were able to marry one another and then invented this weapon...
both longswords and greatswords are meant for two-handed use, the bastard-sword is known as the hand and a half sword which is more akin to a longer arming swords than a greatsword
Bastard swords are broadswords (aka arming swords) with longer hilt. No idea why the game made it a greatsword. It is an improvement to the broadsword in real life.
My stats: 16str/10dex and 40int/40fth.

This sword requires less dex than the Onyx blade and Claymore.

This sword has less range than the Onyx blade and Claymore, yet features identical AR to the Claymore at 147+26 phys and 154+255 for [583 AR] or [600 AR] twohanded.

It's worth a look if you lack the dex for Claymore, which also happens to require 16str, but you can't make the 13 dex requirement. You could go 14str 12dex and get the Onyx, which has 526 AR, though Onyx has that fire buff, I honestly don't know what is better, that's for you to decide!

Food for thought! If I'm wrong at all, feel free to yell at this post for being wrong!
WRONG !!!!! Just kidding that is good advice thanks for sharing. I have a low level pyro was was planning to use the Onyx blade because it looks sick but I am now considering other options like this.
Dark Bastard Sword +9 and +10 have C/D/B/B scaling
Whoops, disregard this comment. Never realized it was already filled in.
Because of the very low stat requirements, it only requires 11/10 while two handing.