Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

cant wait to use this weapon to tie up the enemy and whip their butt holes while hearing them scream in my dungeon and use the notch whip because Notch = MineCraft. haha lol I think I am the first to comment.
The location isn't clear. Can someone tell me where it is?

PrimeraEspada91

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 14,290.50
Wiki Edits: 1405
here is the video location of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUr3lVAzf-E&feature=youtu.be&t=14m7s

PrimeraEspada91

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 14,290.50
Wiki Edits: 1405
doesnt have a page atm nor stats. Video location has stats which ill fill in when i get a sec
thats a ***** load of whips, are they actually going to be useful this time around?

Bobcatsalesman

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Does the white phantom have to survive the Old Demon King encounter for the Spotted Whip to appear afterwards? just did the Old Demon King and the Phantom died, no whip where it says it should be.
Look like she have to survive or no whip appear. I tested it. This is more difficult than it seem, she agro the demon king too much in the second phase. You have to deal ton of damage because the Demon King will tried to kill her off because her poison mist seem more of a treat than our damage.
Find an answer yet? Mine didnt appear either
Bring Tsorig as backup.
Whips need to be faster... I swing a great sword faster than a whip... Whips are supposed to be 1 motion into another. Too slow...
I agree 100%
can't backstab or riposte with whips...and a block in off-hand :(
Has any noticed that whips dont have riposte animations?
You can tell that they just rehashed the riposte and backstab animations from Dark Souls 1 because all of the animations are the same and the whips don’t even get to do one. I could think of an animation for them and it’s easy: have the user punch the enemy in the stomach, then wrap the whip around the neck like a noose, and then pull as hard as you can for the front riposte; for backstabs you could also punch them in the back, like other animations, and then do the same as the front except maybe pull with so much force that they are tossed over your shoulder. See, it’s easy! At least in Dark Souls 2 they had animations and were kind of useful. Kind of…

Another gripe is the utility of them. Only two are useful, the Notched Whip and the Witch’s Locks, because of their damage. The Notched can inflict bleed, which might be effective on a luck build, and while the Locks gain a temporary 100 fire attack when executing the weapon art, the split damage reduction that the game has severely nerves that kind of damage. Poison is absolutely worthless and the regular whip is outclassed by every other whip. The only thing going for the whips is the absolutely RIDICULOUS range that they have. Seriously, try them out, it’s sick.