Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

You can just stunlock the first one with a club, let them kill eachother after that, and then just stunlock the 2nd phase.
How many npc summons can I have for this fight?
2 I believe?

KilanDroy

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
It depends, if you summon Londor Pale shade, the other 2 summon signs will disappear, so at least if you summon him you have just one phantom. I don't know if yellowfinger can be summonable with Londor paleshade because I had not progressed that route to make him available for abyss watcher fight, but for certain Black Hand Gotthard and Sirris not with him.
Scrub

Moosh

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
For pure sorcerers: Pretty much everything on this wiki is true, but I felt some things could be more clarified, so here it is. As stated above, as a mage, your main spell in this fight (NG) is Great Soul Spear. This is due to its faster casting rate. Also, forget your shield in this one, since you will be running the entire time ;-) As for your rings, I would pick Sage Ring (for increased casting speed), Chloranthy Ring (for extended running as well as casting), Young Dragon Ring (sorcerer's starting gear, more spell power). For the fourth slot, I generally pick Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (for increased souls gained) because who would say no to more souls? XD Of course, you could equip Silver Serpent Ring just after defeating the boss and still get the increased souls, but it is sometimes too easy to just forget this and lose lots of free souls in the process. It could be a mild bummer. ;-) Now about the running part. It is true that you should mostly be running instead of rolling, but you should know that by doing so you will trigger the only move in the Watchers’ arsenal to close the gap: Dash Slash (phase one) and Dash Burn (phase two). The dash covers a rather long distance, but its range is not infinite. If you keep enough distance, the Watcher might still end up a couple of rolls away from you at the end of his dash, giving you some time to punish him. However, this does not mean that you should turn the camera away from them. In fact, keep the target lock on him at all times and be ready to roll away from the dash if needed. Another attack to be wary of in phase two is a move where the watcher smashes his sword to the ground and sends a fire wave at the player. Again, if you target lock on the boss, you can easily dodge at the last second while running away. Always dodge to the side, never into the attack or away from it. Generally, I have found that the best time to punish the Watchers as a mage in both phases is after the Dash, provided you have kept your distance. The other opportunity is Jump Slam, but please be careful of the tricky fire effect in phase two, which can catch players off-guard. One thing to remember while punishing the Watchers. Try to position yourself at a 90-degree angle from the boss at the end of his attacks, especially in phase two. The reason is that some of the boss’s attacks have a fast recovery and will punish the player while casting in front of him. DO NOT strafe behind the boss in Phase two or you will be caught in his fire path. I hope this helps clarify some points. Cheers, all :-D

Moosh

Souls: 200.00
Wiki Edits: 30
Sorry, I mistakenly typed Great Soul SPEAR instead of ARROW :-P
The goal of the abyss watchers is to follow in the footsteps of Artorias, who slayed the creatures of the abyss. Right after you kill them, it opens an area whose boss... Is consumed by the abyss. They're a cool boss, but*****ty abyss watchers
They failed just like artorias did
It's not true they're immune to poison. With my pure mage the best and most effective move is casting Poison mist.
Was just facing this boss now. Had one of those enemies on the stairs before the fog wall somehow come through. Was about one hit from killing the boss with no estus and that dude speared me to death lol. Never had that happen in a boss fight.
a
I agree
Once you discover how 1st phase works you can play very defensively and wait for the ally to make it two separate 1v1. Don’t need to engage at 1v2. Second phase looks hard as **** at first, especially for new players. But the fact he can easily get stunned makes it a lot easier.
Pull off backstabs when he does "Dash Slash" or "Jump Slam" in the first phase, then slowly whittle down his health down on the second phase with regular attacks after every attack by him.
Right now I'm running 40 vigor with dark hand and I absolutely destroyed this poor soul.