Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Drake_Bridge_Invader
Posts Avatar
Backstab will be superior, but other classes have a lot more going for them, don't you think?
By Drake_Bridge_Invader
Posts Avatar
Also, can't overlook the bow. I think I'll settle on thief, add a bit more str and dart into combat and death.
By Anonymous
Only class to start with a bow.
By Anonymous
A Thief does start at level 5, versus 9,8,7,6, of the other classes or 10 of the assassin, giving it more of an advantage over control over your stats. While also giving your some starting items, and a more structured starting point then the deprived.
By Anonymous
Initially I thought there was a huge overlap between the 2 classes, but now I can see that the thief can come into it's own.
By Anonymous
Starting with a bow is pretty pointless, as you can get one almost immediately, and have very limited ammo until then.
By Anonymous
str 9 + dex 13 + luck 14 = 36
By Anonymous
The armor of this thief remind me of Ishidori( not sure how you spell it but the little kid that aspires to be guts )day from berserk, esspecially the trousers
By Squeaky245
You mean Isidro? And yeah, it sorta does. All the more reason the thief outfit could use some spiffy fingerless gloves.
By Anonymous
Wouldn't be surprising, considering how much of a fanboy for Berserk Miyazaki is.
By Anonymous
Does anyone know how many arrows the thief starts with?
By Anonymous
whre can u buy arrows?
By Anonymous
The arrow store
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
By Anonymous
By Drake_Bridge_Invader
Posts Avatar
Nothing on the hands. Of course, the thief will look much better with some dark gauntlets and better boots instead of tatty shoes.Glad there is no hand slot armour though, I think I would just take it off for lower weight.
By Anonymous
You really should have armor in every slot, even if it's just basic cloth. Having armor in a slot adds a base damage reduction for each slot, regardless of armor.
By Anonymous
I want to start with a knight as its the most balance as I have never played dark souls but the thief looks so cool with the cloak dagger and bow so can someone tell me how to use for a thief because I will not know where 2 start or tell me the comparison between a knight and a thief so I can choose which 1 to play as
By Anonymous
Knight for taking more punishment.Thief for mobility and possibly dexterity.I'd recommend Knight for first timers, but in the end the class isn't that big of a deal since you can level up your stats as you please.(+ Health and stamina are a good thing to have and upgrading equipment usually ends up being more worth it than leveling up)
By Anonymous
Thief especially good for early game critical hits since it starts with the bandit knife, which does exceptionally high damage on parry ripostes/backstabs. It suits a much more sneaky and fast paced play style.
By Anonymous
Thanks 4 that guy who replied anyway I played dark souls 1 today because I wanted a feel for the game I tried both classes and I didn't know how dexterity works in ds1 so I got confused y with the knight I rolled slow was able to do well so I may vhoose the knight but can u tell what stats I shold focus on thief and what gear I should look for with the thief just in case I change my mind
By Anonymous
thief should definitely be quick rolling, so make sure you have enough vitality and endurance so that you can quick roll with whatever gear you use (or use really light gear and ignore vitality). With that the aim would be to dodge most attacks rather than block them. The daggers usually have low attack damage, but high critical damage, so circling enemies to try and backstab them is key. Or you could grab any dex based weapon like a rapier, katana, curved sword, basically avoid things like greatsword, hammers, axes that scale off the strength stat. Generally quicker weapons (typically dex scaling) are easier to use for beginners, and also blocking/tanking some hits is easier than roll dodging everything. So for a total newcomer I'd advise a class with some decent armour and high dex like the mercenary or herald. Or you can just pick whatever class looks the coolest and figure out your preferred playstyle as you go. If you play for a while and only level up generic stats like vigour and endurance then you might get a better feel for stuff you like eg quick weapons or heavy weapons and then you can start levelling up the relevant stats
By Anonymous
The bow kinda looks like a fishing rod. lol