Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
Best Class to start and being gud at invading. Its starts with the infamous Bestoc and has one of the best invade spells, no sound while walking and no fall damage. and don´t forget the parry´ol´buckler. This class screams...low level pvp
By Anonymous
What if I just like Freide Scythe?
By Anonymous
It's unfortunate that Mercenary actually beats Assassin for making a DEX/INT hybrid. Assassin has few more points in FTH & LCK, which is a complete waste for DEX/INT build.
By Anonymous
No not really; the mercenary set is far too bulky for a slick, agile swordsman. Not to mention the estoc is much better than the *****matars
By Anonymous
Who cares about stats? This is fashion souls and this starting armor wins by a long shot.
By Anonymous
Are you kidding me? The Sellsword set is *****ing amazing, it's WAY cooler than the Assassin set. The Black Hand set looks cool, but the basic Assassin set is really *****.
By Anonymous
Sellsword set is too heavy for a light melee INT/DEX build. You must be kidding. Assassin set is way better (in both the fields - better looking and more optimal).
By Anonymous
I have to agree with the armor weight. The armor weight screws the dex/int builds. You need to be as fast as possible.
By Anonymous
Dont know if you're all kidding or for real, but anyway, you cab get all that stuff pretty early on, so don't even worry about the starting gear
By Anonymous
what is the best build for an assassin??

By Anonymous
the uninstall wizard
By Anonymous
I think this is the best starting class for noobs, not knight

Spook for backstab cheesing all the tough enemies, making it easier to allocate more of your early stats to vigor/endurance and not suffer from having pathetic damage during tough 1v1s against enemies like the lothric knights.

Also allows stealthing through tough areas and negating fall damage to take short cuts

Only pyro is cheesier early game, but then you unlock orbeck and buy spook and backstab everything with Dark Hand instead of spamming fireball.
By Anonymous
i think herald is better you start with a decent armor a weapon with good range and a way of healing so you can make more mistakes back stabs and all are good but a noob would not realize how good are they. Also its not a good "learning experience" to go trough the early game just backstabbing everything to then later get stomped by beast or enemies that cant be back stabbed
By Anonymous
or start deprived heres some insentive
After being stabbed in the *****ing balls he went and became a unkindled. He needed to become someone else, or something else(not refercng the arrow btw), annnnddddd gets destroyed by dat first boss cause he chose Assassin and couldn’t fight to save his life. Now he is back at that first bonfire grindin for years and getting nowhere.
By Anonymous
You said noobs, and noobs don't know how to backstab yet. They don't know how to allocate points yet. they don't even know the value of a spell like spook and probably won't even use it. No, it's not a good noob class. It's good for someone who has played enough to know these things you take for granted and assume a noob would know. This is why knight is the best for a noob, since they get a 100% shield and a fast sword to spam r1's. what you suggest comes later and definitely not while a noob.
By Anonymous
Dear pinhead: Pound sand. Knight is best.
By Anonymous
I must agree this isn't the best starter class for one unfamiliar with dark souls it could be for a series veteran first playing 3 however as they are more likely to know the value of and may already be capable of more reliably parrying enemies and will no doubt notice the usefulness of spook after a little experimenting. for a new player though I would recommend the knight, herald, or warrior for melee classes. And either the sorcerer or pyromancer if you wanna start with magic. Though I shall note the cleric heal is a really good starter spell the squishyness combined with being melee only makes it less suitable and DeX classes lack good shields.
By Anonymous
*** *** in
By Anonymous
D i ck D i ck Out
By Anonymous
actually my assassin character is at 66 str and 40 dex
By Anonymous
good for GiantDad fans
By Anonymous
The *** in the name is right, because the only thing that will come from picking this is rancid ****
By Anonymous
I've done dozens of different builds and this class is the only one I've never used as a base for anything as it seems like the weaker option for everything I've come up with so far. Very strange.
By Anonymous
Agree with you, the problem is that you has really often a better option for the stats. For example, for a dex/int build, sorcerer is very good too… So assassin is mainly for a high dex/mid int or if you need more int than the sorcerer would give you… but how many weapons fits the assassin profile? Very few, like the Crescent moon sword… So, yup, this class is Strange...
By Anonymous
This class is best for speed runs though. So it does have one purpose.
By Anonymous
If u use best class finder assassin can't level dex past 15, I usually go around that with the help of hunter ring which gives 20 dex total, enough to use most weapons. Next - u can't level faith at all, even sorc can, but assassin - no. Sounds like a perfect class for a hexer - leave regular blue-ish magic to sorcs. Staple build - 27+ vigor, med-high attunement, str 30-40, dex 15, int 45+, faith luck vit untouched. Hope this helps somebody.