Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

quick draw R1+R2?
Quick draw is part of the battleart, when you hold L2 your character sheaths the katana, then pressing R1 makes you do a quickdraw attack and R2 makes you do a quickdraw parry.
oh thank you guest 1+like

GreyFox738

Souls: 50.00
You can shealth your katana? Omg if this is correct
I believe it's l2 when left handed or l1
Well there are two ways to sheath it really, either as part of the battlearts or having it stay sheathed while you have another weapon in your hand (assuming both weapons are on your quick select)

Shauneepeak

Souls: 325.00
Wiki Edits: 55
Going off Vaati's video this seems to be one of the earliest obtainable weapons in the game. I have only watched a couple of the recently released gameplay videos but were we able to spy the requirements on any of the weapons?
For the uchi its 16 dex, 11 str

MrLonghair

Souls: 196.50
Wiki Edits: 2
I caught some comment elsewhere that killing the Uchigatana Deprived before Highwall (or defeating Vordt thus eliminating summoning) makes him summonable in Highwall, have anybody else seen that mentioned, or able to confirm it actually being done?

Either way this and a fire gem are my two first targets in the game for a good start

MrLonghair

CONFIRMATION! The NPC becomes summonable as phantom "Sword Master" (Source: Youtube "Dark Souls 3 - First 4 Hours (In 45 Minutes) - Pyromancer, Katana & 3 New Bosses Gameplay" by Terramantis)

MrLonghair

For my first and primary character I went Assassin with this and the Red Fire Gem (ended up with it at +10), used it all through the game together with a 100% phys shield, never felt lacking in melee DPS output compared to the people with slow hard-hitting weapons, was able to take the last boss in melee alone alone. Not to mention how it is when I get invaded, honorable beautiful two-handing and ending the invader's life with Bleed triggering.

14STR 16DEX and I'm a mage to be reckoned with. If I were to restart on PC or get the English version I would do this again.

Janet

Souls: 140.00
Wiki Edits: 1
What do your overall stats look like
So what do you do if he falls off the edge?
No your not.
All you need to do is reload the game and go back to where he was standing you'll find the loot there
No your not.
All you need to do is reload the game and go back to where he was standing you'll find the loot there
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 262,696.49
Bank: 7,567.71
Wiki Edits: 19921
Reload the game, item will be there
You just need to rest at a bonfire if the guy falls of the ledge no need to quit game
"No need"? Quitting is way faster than running to the bonfire and back to the guy.
first time dark souls and i just got it by making the guy fall off:

should i be using this 1h or 2h?
2h single targets 1h multiple eniemes
two handed to make the most use of it. japanese swords kinda suck for 1h
2h. The normal weapon art is also very useful, as it dies more damage than a strong attack.
Definitely 2-H been using it for a while like that and i've gotten extremely good at parrying with it against most parry-able enemies and can now predict most invaders attacks with it to parry them as well.
I've never been a fan of Katanas, especially the Choas Blade for it often got me killed just using it in DS1-2.

However, this weapon has suddenly perked my interest and I'm very curious to see how it dose with crystal (that is if crystal can be repaired else forget it) and Simple infusions. I always go Sorcerer or Faith based but in DS3, I think I'll try sorcerer first.

Then again, I might just fire imbue it and leave it at that.

We shall see.
If you're struggling with killing him I recommend baiting him towards the cliff, from there you can give him a slash or a kick off of it. The katana and armour he drops will not appear until you interact with a Bonfire and reset the zone (or reload the game), but once you have done so return to where you killed him and you will see them on the ground on top of the stairs at his prior location.