Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

So... what was once speculated to be the Drangleic Shield is just... the Guardian Shield. And it's a small shield as opposed to a normal shield? Has the official translation for the shield come in from somewhere? Dammit I just want SOME acknowledgment from this game that Dark Souls 2 is canonical (and returning spells, weapons, whatever with generic lore/descriptors a la Sacred Oath and Soul Greatsword don't count) just so by proxy if nothing else Miyazaki can shut the Souls 2 haters up once and for all, or at least a good portion of them.
The "Drang" gear seems like a nod to DS2 to me.
Armor looks a bit like the armor Chancellor Wellager wears (can't recall the name, L something.)
The weapons also state that "Drang was the most recent land to Link the Fire", or something like that.
Also, Hollowslayer Sword is also rather clearly Lucatiels sword.
What about the Faraam Armor? I think that'd make it canon. It's said to be in this game. I saw it listed.
Well the Dragonslayer axe mentions Creighton
simple. drang armour and drang weapons. also, dragonslayer axe.
laddersmith gilligan is in the profaned capital bonfire
Lucatiel Armor is also in the game. And the Fume UGS is also.
DS2 was great! But i know they want to have some of the Demon Souls and Dark Souls flare in it. Anyway there is some equip of DS2 and the descriptions are showing some hints towards Drangleic or the DLC stuff
Mirrah Greatsword, Faraam Armor, and Drakesblood armor don't specifically mention Drangleic, but they are DS2 exclusive I believe. I'm sure there will be references to 2 as we discover more.
Well if it means anything, "hexes" has been confirmed they just seem to go under the name of "dark miracles" now
Shield stats seem underwhelming thus far for both spell and physical defence. Perhaps some will upgrade to 100 pdr? People will need to rob heralds and knights to survive!

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,162.00
Wiki Edits: 38
That was a neat thing you could do with certain shields in Dark Souls 2 (even if its parrying mechanics overall were barely functional as far as I cared). Any confirmation/any shields that you can parry spells with yet?

eremHaNeoN

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 3,162.00
Wiki Edits: 38
Just read the description for the Golden Wing Crest Shield (which I assume is Dark Souls 2's Golden Wing Shield - what a deduction!) and the description specifically says it can spell parry, so my question has finally been answered with an affirmative HELL YEAH!

NyanMelonLord

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 365.00
Wiki Edits: 63
Also, Sacred Bloom Shield can spell parry.
Are they in the game and do they retain the duel wield powers or have even more neat things

Xerav

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 582.50
Wiki Edits: 1
I rly hope we get a Shield to parry magic.. i love magic shield in DS2
The golden Wing crest shield can spell parry. I am sure others can aswell.
It seems Artorias' Greatshield is present in DS3 as well. It is now a convenent reward, according to users on YouTube.
Anyone know if it exists to complete the solaire cosplay?
I kind of want to know how they handle the twin greatshields without powerstance

ArtoriasTheSir

Souls: 50.00
Has anyone found out if Solaire's shield is present in the game? It's safe to assume considering all of his other armor and equipment is in the game.
Where is it?
Yeah it is