Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

FROST! THEY ACTUALLY TOOK MY SUGGESTION!

i hope frost isn't exclusive to magic or something, but i have a fear it will be...

still... cool as ****, frost soul arrows, freezing debuffs, etc... the possibilities are endless
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 386,368.49
Bank: 9,326.71
Wiki Edits: 32957
You can see the effects of frost in the Frostbite page. It's an auxiliary like bleed and poison indeed.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
so luck would affect item discovery?
Keep in mind, it is not an element. It is an auxiliary effect, a debuff. So frost spells are most likely out of the question. The only frost spells I can foresee would only increase an enemy's frostbite build up, doing know actual damage. Similar to how Bitter Mist and Poison Fog work.
^ I messed up, haha, I meant to say on this one that I think it makes sense to make Frost a part of INT (Or at least I hope so) because it would be too limiting to a mage class to have to invest in a separate stat for more magic. I hope it isn't a part of Faith or like how Fire/Dark was in 2.
so it's basiclly a slow debuff? that's even better...

i hope there is some sort of a frozen tranquil walk of piss effect/weapon/spell in the game

best thing to use when hunting gankers
I'm so glad to see they kept VIT and END seperate stats. This makes for much deeper class variety.
vigor and vitality is gonna be once again confusing to new comers...

not to mention... LUCK?! they brought it back?

well well... i hope there is a blueblood sword hybrid, easily one of the best weapons in demon's souls, might be in this one too.
I think you are absolutely right about it confusing new comers. They probably won't even know about equip burden. I can't count how many times I read people complain (even from reviewers), "The character is too slow!" All because they can't understand heavy armor and weapons are heavy. Besides that, how does separating the stat balance the game? The gains better be good, my Dark Souls II character has 40 vit and only mid rolls in the Alva set with the Sacred Chime Hammer when I equip the Royal Soldier's Ring +2!
Dark Souls 2 demonstrated well how you can have luck without needing humanity or a stat for it. I much preferred luck being determined based on gear I was wearing than having to put points into a stat for it or absorbing humanity and making sure I don't die and possibly lose all of it for good. Souls 2's one big problem was making item discovery an invisible stat which was BS but otherwise the system worked well. If luck plays a role in combat a la crits then I might find it acceptable but if it's just for item drops then that's just crap. Stats that you gain souls for to level up should be viable for BOTH pve and pvp in these games, luck would otherwise be useless for pvp if it's just an item discovery stat.
yeah for some reason i'm less than excited for the game, i mean demon's souls had the perfect stats (nothing was useless, everything was balanced)

dark souls 1 decided to seperate posion res from ENDurance, which trasnlated to a very useless stat, they got rid of luck though, replacing it with humanity multipliers

Dark souls 2 had the most atrocious stat system in any of the souls games, limiting your I-frames to a stat, and seperating END with VIT which is confusing as **** because Vigor doesn't sound like a HP stat

bloodborne was perfection, got rid of all the pointless ******* and straight into action (HP, END,skill,str, blood,magic) and they need to get this to their thick skull LESS IS BETTER

i hope they change it post release, or at the very least, make VIT super strong per level so you don't have to invest past 15 points if you're going for medium armor

fightknightHERO

Souls: 50.00
you're both forgetting having too many stats can lead to a high-level PvP users

and high-level PvP is pretty considering how gankersome the invasion system is
And separating equip burden and endurance is a good thing to me. These are Souls games, if people are too dumb to understand what the difference between vigor and vitality is even though there's a button THAT EXPLAINS WHAT THEY ARE and are very simple to comprehend at that then they should not be playing these games, or any games that require more thought to play than Cookie Clicker for that matter.

LitchAzazel

I never liked how END determined both Stamina and Equipment Load. It's just too good of a stat and gives you no reason not to hit the soft cap. I think this way they have it will be better because let's say I make a Ninja, obviously I want to have high stamina but with light armor, so the Equip Load would mostly be useless for me. But if I made a Knight then I would benefit from both, the problem is though, that the Knight would just always be at an advantage since using lighter armor would just be weakening yourself even if you can still quick roll in both sets.
I profundly disagree. Less is bether in an casul game, well justified is bether. For me, this is probabl the best stats composition i ever saw in an souls game.
I agree Vig and Vit aren't a welcomed return, but Luck is needed since there is no Humanity in the DkS3 so there needs to be something to add to the Item Discovery stat. Although if Chaos weapons scaled off Luck that would be amazing.
luck= weapon armor and item drop luck = soul up? luck is mind i know luck=cube luck=join , Intelligence and magic , Vitality= fast
vigor? and luck?

Valhalla

Casual
Convict

Souls: 507.00
Wiki Edits: 15
Are we sure that the second stat is called Magic? because in the middle it is FP as of Focus Points and it does not make sense since you can use it for Battle Arts...

farosvillein

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 6
it's called Focus not magic, and it gives Focus Points, because the blue bar is neither Magic nor Mana, due to the fact that it is a general feature of all classes not just Magic users.

LitchAzazel

It's probably a rough translation but that second stat most likely is for increasing your FP. I believe in Demon's Souls Intelligence was the second stat in the list.
I'm so glad to see they kept VIT and END seperate stats. This makes for much deeper class variety.
That's the worst thing FROM has ever done with stats.
I really hope luck gives some type of bonus other than discovery/resistance that makes it worthwhile like a chance to take a fatal blow and still be alive with 1hp or weapon scaling or maybe even fall damage?
it just makes sense
having a lot of energy doesn't mean you can carry a lot of stuff
No the worst thing here is bringing luck back as a stat. At least agility is a thing we won't have to worry about nor resistance!
Item Discovery Luck unlock buy
I hope that the pvp lv will be at least 150. It feels lame to spend a lot of points in to both endurence and vitality to and end up at lv 125 with a weak (heavy compromised) build. Otherwise im super hyped! The new mekanics looks pretty sweet

LitchAzazel

It's hard to say, part of me wants to hope for 150 builds but at the same time, I think if that were the case then everyone might end up using heavy armor and still quick roll, which is definitely not what I'm looking forward to.

LitchAzazel

That's true, I did find it hard to do a Hex build at 150. But I have a feeling, or at least I'm hoping so, that Miyazaki will make Pyromancy only scale with your Flame, rather than stats. Honestly, I liked both systems, but I think for balancing purposes it makes more sense to keep it as just the Flame.
Good point. As long as equipment load effects stamina a lot and poise not to be as ridiculous as Dark Souls 1, i think it might be ok. A melee based pyromancer will have to compromise a lot if you have to pump in points in to pretty much al stats available at 125. But a fast rolling havel poise monster might be worse haha

PurpleLamb

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 6
I prefer attunment
Yeah I just pray miracle slots aren't a thing just attunment, I hated how I would be stuck with magic slots in demon's when I only wanted to use miracles but oh well I just used warding, and curse weapon to give me something to use
Yeah I just pray miracle slots aren't a thing just attunment, I hated how I would be stuck with magic slots in demon's when I only wanted to use miracles but oh well I just used warding, and curse weapon to give me something to use

Anedime

Casual
Convict

Souls: 177.50
Wiki Edits: 20
Why would yo prefer it? This is the Demon's Souls formula and its a lot more versatile since int/faith increase MP, cast time, and attunment slots, you don't have to over-inflate your level just because you wanted an extra spell slot or two.