Discuss the latest Dark Souls Title!

Zephynoir

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 734.00
Knights of Rubhen

"You have to kill him twice to kill him once." -Unknown, obviously credible source. Like, I dunno, an ancient wizard. Or something. Shut up.
"You had one job, Rubhen." - Cas, probably right after Rubhen actually did his job really well, so he only ever had to do one.
"Rubhen mvpp." - Someone saying "p" twice, because he counts as two people, because "You have to kill him twice to kill him once."

We are the Knights of Rubhen. We follow a strict moral code of being exactly like Rubhen. Don't believe that? Good. Because then you understand, we can never be like Rubhen. He is as alive as two men. We strive for that sort of vitality, for his sense of not giving a single crepe. None. He has never made anyone crepes, because he cooks for nobody, only lives. And dies. Twice. Like the Rubhen he is.

Members of the Knights of Rubhen may not be a member of covenants based on Invading others or harming anyone. We instead focus only on JOLLY COOPERATION! Any true Knight of Rubhen will understand the meaning, and follow the proper trails!

Knights of Rubhen are free to use any equipment they so choose and any kind of magic, although they are encouraged to use Faith based weaponry and swords, and to cast only the most miraculous and robust of spells! Armor is preferred metal and bright, shining like the rays of the Sun (and by the Sun, I mean Rubhen's glorious vision balls)!

Encouraged Equipment:
Armor
"Like a blast of Sunlight, they spread across the battlefield. Their numbers were small, but nonetheless the yshone as if a hundred men each. The battle was lost before it was fought."
- Metal Armor
- Robes
Armor should be brightly colored and preferably be made at least in part of strong metal!

Weapons
"A flash of steel, the sound of armor and weapon colliding, then sudden, eerie silence. Flame engulfed my men. Lightning struck seemingly at random at our troops. We had two options: Retreat, and die."
- Swords
- Fist Weapons
- Lightning imbued Spears
- Chimes (or other Cleric focus)
- Pyromancy Flames
Exceptions can be made! Just ask and give me a good reason!

Spells
"Their magic was great and terrible, beautiful from afar, I am sure. Far enough away to hear the screams of men fusing to their armor, of limbs torn by charged iron."
- No hexes
- No poison
- Fire-based Pyromancies Encouraged
- Lightning spells are HIGHLY encouraged
Other spells are acceptable when combined with these rules! Just as long as no poison and no hexes.

To rank up in our Covenant, you can do a few different things:

- Present Medals of Sunlight with regular screenshots and pictures.
- Win fights as a Blue Sentinel
- Present tokens of Fidelity
- Participate in Covenant events
- Player recommendation from assistance on the forums or in the game
- Rubhen's almighty word

There are rewards! I will slowly be writing the tale of the Knights of Rubhen. As you progress, different rewards will involve your inclusion in the tale, as well as probably other things maybe we're working that out, okay? okay.

Level 1-5: Rubehn's Squires. Your reward is the grace of Rubhen's good name.
Level 6: Not Quite Rubhen. You will be mentioned as a Knight of Rubhen in our lore.
Level 8: Crazy Eights. You will be henceforth called "Ser {username}" in this thread.
Level 10: The Ten Rubhenandments. You will become a notable Knights of Rubhen, with a more in-depth story and part of our tale.
Level 15: Doin' a Thing. We'll do you a doodle.
Level 20: Grossly Rubhendescent. Ultimate Knights of Rubhen. Your name will be of great importance in our history, and Rubhen will finally love you.

To level up is easy: For each level, you need to do any of the things listed above a number of times equal to the next level you would achieve multiplied by five. So, for instance, to go from level 2 to level 3, you would do 3*5, or 15, of the things above. They do not need to all be the same thing. After level 10, the Token of Fidelity only counts for half of a point, so you would need 10 instead of 5 of it.

And so, your adventure as a level 0 Knights of Rubhen begins. Your rank is Rubhen Noobin. Knights of Rubhen will have their names listed below. To join, just ask!

Chronicles of the First Knight
Dark. All I had was dark. I could feel my mind slipping. Slipping? Falling? Maybe just leaving, to a better place. Maybe my mind was with my family. "Family? What was a family?" Thoughts like these clouded what little mind I had left. I sat, scared, crazed in my cell. And then, the sun. A hole appeared in the top of my cell, and for the first time I could remember then, I saw light. And the first thing I saw was his helmet, the metal visage of my savior beamed with the light of the sun bouncing off the shining metal he was clad in.

He dropped a key into my cell. It's sound rang in my ears as it bounced on the cobblestone. I was slow at first, picking it up and not understanding, then, I looked up again, and he was gone. With my body struggling to understand the commands I was giving it, while I struggled to understand what they were myself. I opened the cell, my body seemed to carry itself through the halls, the cells. I ran past others like me, the undead, the mindless. I began to wonder if they were all like me, if they were feeling the things I was feeling. I made a decision. There was a broken sword on the ground. I put my fellow hollows out of their misery on my way to...somewhere.

Finally, a door. The end of a strange, long walk. I opened the door, I felt what was left of my heart racing, my skin felt warm for the first time in ages, and then the demon fell from the sky. It crashed to the ground, a heaving, giant thing of flesh and rot. It held a weapon like a tower, like the elder trees. "The Elder trees?" Again, thoughts and memories I could not understand.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. It swung the mallet, I heard building and stone and masonry shattering behind ,e. I dared not look back. A gate slammed behind me as I threw myself into the first doorway I saw. I felt breath, heaving in and out of my lungs, my chest pulsed. I hadn't felt this in what seemed like an eternity. It felt like I was growing more and more... human. Yes, that was it, I was becoming human. I didn't know how, or why, but I didn't care. I needed to feel the warmth again, I needed that light, that heat.

I made my way through what seemed like an all-too-easy to navigate set of tunnels, and then, as I made my way up towards what I could only assume was the outside, I heard a rumbling, and barely made it out of the way as a boulder crashed through a wall. I could feel that beating in my chest again as I thanked the fates for my life. That was when I heard it, the moaning. I went to investigate the sound, only to find my savior, on the ground, covered in rubble.

I went to him, tried to clear the rubble, but he stopped me. He told me his name and his story. Oscar of Astora, a name I will never, ever forget. He gave me a strange flask, and told me to go, that he believed me to be the chosen undead, a figure of myth. And so, with a heavy heart I could suddenly feel, I went. As I found myself outside again, I felt free, I shouted for joy. And then, sadness again. There was no way down that I could find. Then, the sound again. The demon. It was the only way down that led outside. It guarded the only exit. I could swear it smiled at me, knowing of what I had to do if I wanted to get out.

There was an old axe I had found in the lockup hanging at my waist. I lifted it over my shoulder, gripping it in two hands, and went to leap in against the foul thing, ready to fight for my freedom, even if it firmly put me in the ground, even if I were to be erased from existence, nothing would stop me from grabbing at my freedom.

I landed, my axe burying itself in the demon's skull. I pushed myself off of the demon's chest, landing with my legs shaking. Fear filled my being, and then, it was replaced by something else, something warmer. I felt heat flare up in my chest, then felt it travel down my arms, into my palms. suddenly, I didn't just feel heat, I became it. Fire spouted from my fingertips, my axe burst into flame. The demon seemed to be taken slightly aback at this sudden burst of flame.

I was Ansel, a pyromancer. An acolyte of the great swamp. And now, here on this battlefield, I would face my last test. I had to beat this demon, to prove myself as a man worthy of freedom. I ran at the beast, my flames following me towards it...

And then, lightning shot through the demon, a spear pushed through it's head, and it slumped to the ground. As the body fell to the ground, a man rode it down like he had been doing this forever. He hailed me, and waited for me to calm down and for my fires to recede before approaching me. He introduced himself as Rubhen, and apologized for stealing my prey from me. Behind him, I could see the doors open. He saw the crazy glint in my eye at the glimpse of freedom. He clasped my shoulder, giving me a strange look, and silently he led me to the end of a cliff. We stood in silence, and as I turned to ask him who he was or why he had brought me here, a giant bird, like I had never seen, grabbed us, carrying us away. He bade me hold on, trust the bird. It dropped us off in a strange place. Rubhen was talking to a crestfallen man away from us while I tried to get my bearings.

Rubhen told me we needed to ring two bells. He had apparently been on a quest to ring them himself, but had come to visit the undead lockaway when he heard of Oscar of Astora's visit to it, to save him from whatever fate he might meet there.

We made a decision: We would work together to ring the bells, to save the undead, and mankind. He would ring the bell below, and I the bell above. We shook hands, and exchanged a brief look of some sort of strange brotherhood. He sent me in the right direction, practiced with me, and gave me some strange, black objects. He told me to break them against my chest when I felt humanity fading. He told me of bonfires, he taught me how to use them. Then, like the lightning he had rode in on, he was gone as fast as he had arrived.

I was alone, but not totally alone anymore. I had armor. I had Pyromancy again. I had my axe. I made my way up the lift he had led me to, and started my quest for the bell. I would ring the bell. I would go through any obstacle that got in my way. I would master any spells or weapons I had to to get there. I had a purpose now, and no matter what my life had been, this was my life now. I made a vow to Rubhen, and I would honor that vow. My journey began.
Last edited by Zephynoir on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 68,081.50
This is glorious!
We're gonna need a bigger signature!

Seriously, can someone please make me a signature?

Zephynoir

Addicted
First Warden

INDEED SO! Do you wish to join in our FRATERNAL FRATERNIZING?!

rubhen925

Souls: 237.00
Wiki Edits: 11
This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Especially the die twice part. Seems pretty accurate.

I toast to JOLLY COOPERATION! :cheers:

Zephynoir

Addicted
First Warden

Rubhen, did you seriously JUST make an account? xD Did you come here solely to post in your covenant? Also, do you wanna join it? I mean, I'm not sure if the person being worshipped is supposed to join the worshippers...Hmm...

rubhen925

Souls: 237.00
Wiki Edits: 11
Lol, I made an account to edit the wiki on NG 2+ rings. And I will be periodically updating the wiki. Cas mentioned that there was a thread about me on psn. So I came by to look and like I already said this is pretty amazing.

I will not join the covenant, as I don't want to spoil your hard work setting this up.

Cheers

Zephynoir

Addicted
First Warden

Added some guidelines for equipment and spells! Also, currently playing on PS3 if anyone else still is. Will be on PS4 when DSIII comes out! :cheers:

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 501.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 9
I'm starting the Knights of Reuben. To earn rank... bring me a Reuben.

Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth...
Blasphemous murderers... Blood-crazed fiends.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
This is hilarious. Also does this belong in Dark Souls 3 forum?
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Zephynoir

Addicted
First Warden

Emergence, I plan on it being there when it has a spot for Covenants and everything. Unless it already does?

zgillet, not actually a big fan of the reuben. I'm pretty particular about my sandwiches.