Report Salt and Sanctuary Bugs, learn about known issues, and give feedback to the developers

Shelldragon

Ska Studios Developer
Souls: 135.00
Hey folks! We've now been live for over 24 hours and the response has been overwhelming. You really seem to like our game. Of course, no game is perfect but we try to create the best experience we can. We've been reading the bugs and suggestions and are really grateful for your feedback. A friend of ours is helping us sort through and organize bugs out of all the posts. She has worked in QA (Quality Assurance) and is really awesome!

While it's really great seeing the reports, sometimes posts can be vague and difficult to understand. For us to better understand your reports, I'd like to suggest a bug report template. This method can feel really redundant but it is the best way to communicate issues to be best understood, reproduced and fixed by us. This is how bug reports are written up in the QA world. :D You will find you can also write up suggestions this way, or in QA speak, DCRs (Design Change Requests.)

Title: Name your bug. The format for this is [Type- Bug or Suggestion][Topic/Area] Short name of the issue.
Description: Explanation of what is happening.
Repro Steps: What steps do you take to reproduce this issue and how frequently does it occur.
Actual Result: What actually happens when you follow the repro steps.
Expected Result: What you would expect to happen after the repro steps are followed.
Notes: Anything else not covered or tips on how to work around the issue.

Here is an example bug report:

Title: [BUG][ENEMIES] Grasping enemies can cause the player to get stuck in walls.

Description: Occasionally, an enemy that can grab or pin down a player, such as the Feral Beast, can grab or push the player in such a way that they become stuck in the walls of the environment.

Repro Steps:
1. Find a Feral Beast enemy.
2. Position the player near a wall and allow the Feral Beast to pounce attack.

Actual Result:
The Feral Beast's pounce, which can cause the player to slide in a direction, can cause the player to move into the wall and become unable to leave the wall.

Expected Result: It is expected the player push up against the wall but not move inside it. If the player does move inside a wall, it is expected they can move back out.

Other Notes: Throwing a potato can sometimes get the player unstuck from inside the wall.

Reporting issues in this way will greatly help us help you help us all. Thanks!
[BUG][PISTOL]

Description: When you equip the sword Flint and Steel along with a pistol and shoot using the pistol, the pistol used will disappear from your inventory.

Repro Steps:
1.)Equip Flint and Steel on main hand and equip a pistoland ammo.
2.)Shoot using the pistol and pistol disappears.

Actual Result: Shooting a pistol with Flint and Steel equipped makes the pistol disappear.

Expected Result: The pistol disappears.

Thesauceboss241

Souls: 71.00
[BUG] [BRAND/NPC] Throughout my first playthrough, I was unable to acquire the Dart brand.

Description: In my first playthrough, the NPC who gives the player the Dart brand, was not there. I killed the Dried King and upon reaching the top of the inside of the pyramid, the NPC was no where to be found and I could not manage to get him to show.

Repro Steps: I am unsure of how this happened.
Basically on my first playthrough, I went through Pitchwoods without Dart, I used a straightsword and did the one handed, "Square, Triangle" attack to make each jump. (as I had thought that was what I was supposed to do) Upon doing this I think the game may have read me as further than I was supposed to be.
As a result of making it through Pitchwoods with little to no struggle through this jump technique, I didn't find the Dried King til VERY late game.

I'm sorry I couldn't manage to report this bug as the example showed. Though I managed to still finish the game. I have plans to play with this bug more soon, and will report any findings. Hope this helps make the game even more perfect.
Here's a link to a video of me showing the bug https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuNP6PwZTi0

Anyway, I LOVED the game. Hope this helps. Thanks
[BUG][GAMECRASH]

Description: When I equip the Flint and steel blade in the main hand and the wand in the off hand and try to cast a spell, the game freezes and then crashes. I have tried this with multiple spells and wands and it still crashes, but it only occurs when both FnS and a wand are equipped in the same set up.

Repro Steps:
1.) Equip Flint and steel in your main hand with a wand in the off hand.
2.) Equip a spell (eg: Fireball) then cast the spell.

Actual result:
Midcast the game will freeze for a second then an error will occur forcing the game to crash.

Expected result:
Able to cast spells while also using Flint an steel at the same time.

Other notes: Hope this helps and keep up the great work!

Draconta

Souls: 226.00
Wiki Edits: 31
Title: [Bug] Infinite Barrage Spells
Description: Using Fire Barrage or Lightning Barrage you are able to continue casting at 0 focus.
Notes: Seems to only happen if you have an odd number for max focus.

Draconta

Souls: 226.00
Wiki Edits: 31
[Bug][Incantation: Dark Swarm]
Description: Focus cost is wrong. Uses only 2.0 instead of 20.0 as the Description reads.
Repro Steps: Cast Dark Storm
Actual Result: Focus displayed in the menu reduced by 2.
Expected Result: Focus displayed in the menu reduced by 20
Notes: For now dark mages are completely busted, able to spam a class 3 incantation that homes in on closest enemy for 2 focus.

Thesauceboss241

Souls: 71.00
Thesauceboss241 wrote:[BUG] [BRAND/NPC] Throughout my first playthrough, I was unable to acquire the Dart brand.

Description: In my first playthrough, the NPC who gives the player the Dart brand, was not there. I killed the Dried King and upon reaching the top of the inside of the pyramid, the NPC was no where to be found and I could not manage to get him to show.

Repro Steps: I am unsure of how this happened.
Basically on my first playthrough, I went through Pitchwoods without Dart, I used a straightsword and did the one handed, "Square, Triangle" attack to make each jump. (as I had thought that was what I was supposed to do) Upon doing this I think the game may have read me as further than I was supposed to be.
As a result of making it through Pitchwoods with little to no struggle through this jump technique, I didn't find the Dried King til VERY late game.

I'm sorry I couldn't manage to report this bug as the example showed. Though I managed to still finish the game. I have plans to play with this bug more soon, and will report any findings. Hope this helps make the game even more perfect.
Here's a link to a video of me showing the bug https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuNP6PwZTi0

Anyway, I LOVED the game. Hope this helps. Thanks

(UPDATE!) I have in fact figured out how to reproduce the bug!!

REPRO STEPS:
1.) Create Character
2.) Progress through game
3.) Kill the Coveted BEFORE killing the Dried King and acquiring dart. This will cause the sorceror who gived the player Dart, to vanish entirely.
Title: [BUG][ENEMIES] Dieing to a mimku loses all salt

Description: I was playing Co-op with a friend and a mimku grab/ate me and i died to it. The mimku didnt get salty and when it got killed by my friend it didn't give me my salt back. No salt bat spawned afterwards so i lost all my salt.

Repro Steps:
1. Find mimku in co-op (in dome of the forgotten)
2. Get eaten by it and die.
3. Let friend kill mimku.

Actual Result:
When getting killed by the mimku it ate all my salt and i didn't get ik back by killing it.

Expected Result: When mimku kills eats you and kills you. Let mimku get salty or let it spawn a salt bat.

Other Notes: Going to a sanctuary or both dieing doens't spawn a bat or work at all.

Reporting issues in this way will greatly help us help you help us all. Thanks!
Title: [BUG][CLIP/BRAND] Clipping through floor/stairs.

Description: Just doing a quick farm from the Red Hall of Cages and down the stairs to the left. When running back up the stairs, jumping and using the dart brand caused me (twice) to clip through the stairs landing in a small 'room' inside the floor.

Repro Steps:
1. Go to the bottom of the stairs left of Red Hall of Cages.
2. Jump the use dart brand towards stairs (possible that it only happens when using the 'bugged' dodge-jump).
3. Clip through stairs.

Actual Result:
Ended up clipping through the stairs, landing below the 'walkable' floor.

Expected Result:
After jumping and darting, PC lands on stairs.

Other Notes:
As I mentioned, this may only occur when doing the 'dodge-jump'. I do believe it is possible to just jump/dart out again (don't remember) or using a bell/horn.
Title: [Suggestion/Boss] Forgotten knight missing attack damage
Description: The Forgotten Knight has 3 attacks (to my knowledge): A jumping attack ending with a swing of his sword, a 'counter' attack if a player attacks him while he is blocking, and a basic overhead swing. The aforementioned jumping attack has no hitbox on it, and to all my effort, I can't ever receive damage from it.
Repro Steps: When fighting the Forgotten trio, kill the judge and king. Then, space yourself from the knight in order to bait his jumping attack.
Actual Result: No damage is ever taken.
Expected Result: Some damage is taken.
Notes: Naturally, this may not be a bug, but considering the animation, I would believe this attack to do something.