Report Salt and Sanctuary Bugs, learn about known issues, and give feedback to the developers

Shelldragon

Ska Studios Developer
Souls: 135.00
Unfortunately, even after many hours of testing, not every issue can be found before the launch of a game. We can, however, do our best and keep track of what is found to address in a future patch.

Here, I'll be compiling a list of known issues and their status. Please check here to see if your bug is already being tracked. There will likely be spoilers so here's your SPOILER warning!

• Really, really bad localization - Because we were changing text up until the last second before certification, in-game text is currently automatically translated in other languages with spot checks on key terminology. We were required to get all the store text translated for real but for some reason, in-game text being "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" levels of translation was "fine" for launch. We're planning to patch in launching in only English with a menu option to select a langauge (in case you really wanted to see the bad loc for some reason), then patch in the true localization when we have it finished.
  • Co-op progression blocking bug - The second player Sellsword cannot progress when going back to their own game if they help too far in their host's game.
  • If the player approaches the False Jester from the back entrance, the boss can attack the player outside his arena.
  • Grasping enemies, such as the dog, can push the player into a wall causing them to get stuck. Throwing a potato can sometimes unstuck the player.
  • Random crashes - we're receiving crash reports from PlayStation so hopefully we can repair the crashes that aren't easily reproducible.
  • Remapping controls - we plan to add this in. In the meantime, PS4 has the option to remap in Accessibility.
  • Not available in SCE Asia and Japan - This is something we started communications for but weren't replied to in time for a global launch. Bizdev is weird. We'll be able to get certification for these regions started soon so hopefully it won't take too long!
  • Save data corruption - The most terrifying report a developer can hear. Seriously, we're nauseated over it. It wasn't seen in test or certification but things can slip by without ever occurring before launch. Saves can be corrupted after a crash, causing the loss of a character and their progress. We're getting crash reports, as long as you send them in, so hopefully we can nail down what is causing this, squash it, burn it and grind it into dust. If this happens, you can delete the save file, not the whole game, just the save file, to start a new character.
  • Text can be hard to read - The text can be really small on smaller displays so we're adding a menu option to change the size of your UI.
  • Kraeken Wyrm can become stuck off screen - Sometimes when the Kraeken Wyrm lands outside of the boss arena camera region, it can become stuck and die or die and kill the player.
  • Final boss intro can repeat - The player can jump up the left entrance wall and reinitialize the boss introduction. The boss damage does not reset.
Last edited by Shelldragon on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

DE5PA1R

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 483.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Shelldragon wrote:
  • There is currently a bug that will very unfortunately still exist at launch that does not allow the second player Sellsword to progress in their own game if they progress too far in their host's game. We're already working on a patch for this post-launch but for now, Sellswords will not get to progress in their own game.

Could you keep/add this as a separate option when you get it working the way you like it? I'd prefer not to progress in my own game when co-oping.

Shelldragon

Ska Studios Developer
Souls: 135.00
DE5PA1R wrote:
Shelldragon wrote:
  • There is currently a bug that will very unfortunately still exist at launch that does not allow the second player Sellsword to progress in their own game if they progress too far in their host's game. We're already working on a patch for this post-launch but for now, Sellswords will not get to progress in their own game.

Could you keep/add this as a separate option when you get it working the way you like it? I'd prefer not to progress in my own game when co-oping.

You don't progress in your game as you play with a host anyway. I mean this is a progression blocking bug when you do go back to your own solo game.

JohnnyHarpoon

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10.00
Bank: 24,370.50
Wiki Edits: 24
Shelldragon wrote:Throwing a potato can sometimes unstuck the player.

this should be a fix for every issue in every game.
"We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future."
weird bug when i go to the PSN store and cant find the Vita Version even when i go on PC and go on the PSN Store

Jamezila

Ska Studios Developer
Souls: 118.00
JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
Shelldragon wrote:Throwing a potato can sometimes unstuck the player.

this should be a fix for every issue in every game.

Thanks for the laugh!
I'm part of the Iron Ones and the cleric is selling the staminarecovery horns for 0. I don't think it's intended?
I have not tried re-creating this, but when I died of poison while a few feet away from a sanctuary, rather than a bat being spawned, my salt transferred across the entire area into a simple sack that had already been looted so I was unable to pick it up.
Also a known issue apparently, but please put the correct localization in as soons as possible, it ruins the game right now. I'm sure you finally wanted to get it out there, but I wouldn't have released the game internationally in this state...