Discuss Demon's Souls and the start of the Souls Series
Wiki: Demon's Souls Wiki

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 10
I want in this new playthrough do a Dragon Bone Smasher build, I would like to know what are your suggestion with the stats distribution, rings and spells. For now I know Second Chance is a must have. I want firestorm too.

Also I need help with a build that can use most weapons and at least 2 relevant spells. Something basic. Stats, rings, and spells again.

Any suggestions?

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Souls: 68,002.50
First off, soooo glad you're getting into Demon's Souls!

Second, there is a huge and invaluable wealth of Demon's Souls info on all topics on the old wiki dot forums (the one that hosts the build page I am about to las to).

Myself and a bunch of others spent a on of time putting info on there.

Alternately, you can always Google search "demon's souls (insert whatever you are searching for here)" and chances are you'll find a result.

This DBS with Magic build was made by an old buddy of mine and is quite fun:

EDIT: To use Firestorm with this build you'll need to raise Intelligence to 18, so 3 more levels. I would recommend either dropping Vit to 35 or going to Level 128 instead of 125.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Lower END to 35 from 38, not VIT!
Last edited by LostMyHeadache on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
We're gonna need a bigger signature!

Seriously, can someone please make me a signature?

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

And here's s very versatile jack of all trades build:

free pic

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

https://www.mugenmonkey.com/demonssouls/3108

I tweaked some stuff, for some reason it gave me SL129 (or it was 127?) and not SL125 like in that picture when I entered the stats on the planner so I had to reduce some END points to reach SL125 and later a couple of VIT points to move them to INT to use Firestorm.

Did I break something while moving stats?

The second build is for someone else. I'm assuming she won't use the blueblood sword and that amount of spells it's ok if I go with the minimum luck and low some points of INT, right? Just making sure I'm not gonna break the build somewhere lol.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by NPC_invader on Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

NPC_invader wrote:https://www.mugenmonkey.com/demonssouls/3108

I tweaked some stuff, for some reason it gave me SL129 and not SL125 like in that picture when I entered the stats on the planner so I had to reduce some END points to reach SL125 and later a couple of VIT points to use Firestorm.

Did I break something while moving stats?

Assuming she won't use the blueblood sword and that amount of spells it's ok if I go with the minimum luck and low some points of INT, right? Just making sure I'm not gonna break the build somewhere.

Intelligence determines spells slots.

15 Int gets you 2 slots, 18 Int gets you 3 slots.

Fireball needs 2, Firestorm needs 3.

Honestly, in my opinion, Firestorm Is pretty useless but fun to mess around with.

Fireball can be DEADLY in both PVP and PVE if timed right.

And yes you can certainly lower both Dex and Str by a bit if there are certain high requirement weapons you never plan on using.
Last edited by LostMyHeadache on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

Also, a good spell is Secobd Chance, which resurrects you one time when your health gets depleted.

You can use it to "spar" with an opponent, let's say if you guys are practicing or just messing around fighting each other and don't want to constantly re-summon each otherr.

Both players cast Second Chance, fight til your health Bar is gone, you resurrect, stop fighting, recast the spell, repeat.

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

By the way, if my old PS3 with my 28 Demon's Souls sl 120-125 builds hadn't died taking all my data with it (that was a sad day) id totally join you and help you out!

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Yes, we both will get second chance and some old spices.

Alright I will do that if I need to modify the second build and lower it's SL. Mainly because we are just going to do a single playthrough and I would like to keep the farming of souls to level up later to a minimum. Thanks you for the info!

LostMyHeadache

Revived
Savior

NPC_invader wrote:Yes, we both will get second chance and some old spices.

Alright I will do that if I need to modify the second build and lower it's SL. Mainly because we are just going to do a single playthrough and I would like to keep the farming of souls to level up later to a minimum. Thanks you for the info!

My pleasure buddy im happy to answer any questions you have!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Don't just rush to SL 120, enjoy the journey there, it's the best part!

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

You want to hear it? Better see it. I plan to upload the whole thing to youtube like I did with DS1. I will duplicate some Ephemeral Eyes to keep the cooperation happening all the time. You are more than welcome to see us dying and twinked to death lol. We won't rush it because I only beat the game once, this won't be like DS1, 2 and BB, I'm gonna be disoriented thanks to my bad memory :laughing: .

Thank you again for the info.