All discussions related to the PC version.

Magus_Tengrove

Souls: 115.00
I had never really used the coffin in Things Betwixt before, but I decided to test it out recently. I knew it did the whole sex-change thing, and I figured it'd be a challenge to defeat the Pursuer there and whatever, I digress. I used the coffin and the screen faded to black. Seemed normal. Loading screen appears. Great.

Then I sat there for good, long while. Had to quit out of my game because it seemed the loading screen would finish, then blink quickly from black back to more loading screens. I got back into my save with no incident, my character was still the same sex they were when I started. Decided not to use it again.

I went back a couple days later to test to see if I could even do it. Same thing. Tried it on a different character. Same thing. I just tried it on a new character and exited out as per usual, thinking it'd be just impossible for me to get it to work. No real loss.

When I restarted the game, my save showed a female avatar. Interesting. I tried loading the save file. Loading screens for days. What is the deal with this thing? Am I just not allowed to use it or what? This save was a run I was doing with my friend as well, so if there's any way to salvage it and just use a female character, I'm cool with that.

Comments, concerns, advice? I'm currently Alt+Tab'd out of my game as the loading screens are happening.

deathgunner51

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 314.00
Bank: 1,725.00
Wiki Edits: 1
i use to play pc games alot in my past and i have found that alt tabbing out of a game can cause strange things to happen sometimes for example i had a problem with a multiplayer game that everytime i would complete a match win or lose the game would crash but if i alt tabbed out for long enough it wouldnt crash i dont know why so maybe you being alt tabbed out when the loading screen is there is the cause (probably not but worth a try)
KILL IT, KILL IT! Do we have any fire? Fire usually kills things

Magus_Tengrove

Note that the first couple times I tried this I did wait for about ten minutes before Alt+Tabbing, so that's kind of invalid.

Magus_Tengrove

Update: I waited around a half hour this time and nothing happened, so I deleted that save. Anyone else who has this problem in the future, post your incident here and maybe we can figure out some kind of solution or submit a support request to From. Just need more than one incident so I can prove is not just some sort of fluke.

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 545.00
Bank: 8,991.00
Wiki Edits: 703
Sounds like a game corruption...
This is the third corruption report since the last 2 months.
What, still here?

Magus_Tengrove

Is it still the case that it's a corruption when it didn't work on any of my characters? Because I tried it on three different ones with the same result, only had the female save file glitch happen on the one save. Am I just not able to use the coffin now? Like I said, it's no real loss, but that is loss of an interesting feature.

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 545.00
Bank: 8,991.00
Wiki Edits: 703
Magus_Tengrove wrote:Is it still the case that it's a corruption when it didn't work on any of my characters? Because I tried it on three different ones with the same result, only had the female save file glitch happen on the one save. Am I just not able to use the coffin now? Like I said, it's no real loss, but that is loss of an interesting feature.

This issue is serious. I have no idea how to fix this, unfortunately.
What, still here?