VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 273,720.49
Bank: 7,719.71
Wiki Edits: 20694
Hi everyone. As we announced today in our Year-end newsletter, we are finally ready to launch public beta of our new wiki software.

What's new about it? In short: everything

• We are custom-coding this from scratch. This gives us flexibility and focus that standard software does not have, and is bringing the outright best possible communal editor right to our users. No code to remember, everything works visually.
  • A standardized and optimized theme: This is still in development, but we will see a consistent theme across the wikis, customized for each one of course, but you will find them more harmonious.
  • Mobile responsiveness: The new theme was designed mobile-first. Images are served appropriately and the new wiki menu and search are fully functional on mobile.
  • Theme switcher: A feature still in development, you will be able to chose to browse in our default dark theme or swap to white
  • Increased functionality for editors: A better visual editor is just the start. Availability of divs, blockquotes and standardized columns, infoboxes, etc.
  • Better uptime: The new software should see much less downtime and unexpected maintenances.
  • Forum integration: You will be able to earn forum souls and possibly ranks based on your wiki edits and contributions. (In development)
  • Better commenting system: We will implement a nuanced commenting system to improve your wiki page discussions. We are also looking into merging those with the forum so there's cross-posting as with the blog.

There are many more things we want to implement but of course as we are going from zero it's an expensive and time-consuming process.

For now, I would really appreciate feedback on user and editor experience, so that we can refine the building blocks and have Dark Souls 3 on this new software.

Please visit:
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Souls+3+Wiki
http://saltandsanctuary.wiki.fextralife ... tuary+Wiki
https://thedivision.wiki.fextralife.com/ ... ision+Wiki
https://dragonsdogma.wiki.fextralife.com ... Dogma+Wiki

Browse around, click links, check the load speed, the resolution on your browser/ipad/mobile, compare it on your 3G network with the other wikis, check if you like the menu and design, click "edit" and see what happens, and let us know of all and any feedback!!

:00004:
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,794.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 21
Fiddled with the dragons dogma wiki

Links load quick, easy to click on phone (no zoom in needed), and its path in seems intuitive

Nice ^^

edit: never mind I figured out the mobile edit thing, user error

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
It's some pretty powerful stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do!
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,794.50
Wiki Edits: 21
Emergence wrote:It's some pretty powerful stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do!

I'm looking forward to going "oh this is cool!" in dark souls 3, going to add it to the wiki, and seeing it added 5 minutes ago

I'm not even kidding how often that happened to me in Dark souls 2 and Bloodborne lmfao

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
Yeah that's an awesome and chaotic time. When the wiki chat has 5000 people in it :twisted:
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Forum Guidelines / Wiki Hub / Fextralife Blog / Write for the Blog / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Serious_Much

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 2,229.00
Bank: 6,703.66
Wiki Edits: 22
Emergence wrote:Yeah that's an awesome and chaotic time. When the wiki chat has 5000 people in it :twisted:

Definitely your favourite time of year :Murgence:
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Shop IconShop Icon

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 136.00
Bank: 8,059.00
Wiki Edits: 686
Alright, gave it a try. It looks awesome!
Here are the results:
  • The page and the links load faster, even though it was my first visit to Dargon's Dogma wiki. A welcome improvement.
  • The speed at which the messages are submitted in Chat is improved.
  • Scrolling through texts in edit mode is smoother than before. This is really important!
  • The speed at which the editor opens is lowered.
  • The speed of previewing, saving, and closing the editor is improved. This is as important as the smooth scrolling!

Entry No.2:
  • The table selection looks cool. Those tiny squares leave no room for mistakes.
  • The subscript and superscript icons look cool!
  • Pages and the editor in Fullscreen Mode (F11) are amazing!
I like the general ease of access. It has become more simple and more effective.
Last edited by ElCazador on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SYSTEM_FAILURE

oddisy

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 6,325.00
Wiki Edits: 1234
Imageweird underline formatting issue

Imagecolumns could use adjusting

ImageDragon's dogma wiki image needs updated on the links to it from other wikis

Imagefeel like the vocations should be in this drop down, not just a guide to them

PrimeraEspada91

Lifetime Subscriber
Souls: 14,375.50
Wiki Edits: 1405
Attempted a couple times to get on and recieved :"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

After several tries i got on and noticed a very quick response time. I gotten a few "Page not found 404!" when fooling around just clicking on random links seeing how fast response times are. Excited to explore this new software :cheers:
What could have been, what should have been, is nothing more than a feverishly sweet dream left unshared.
Shop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 273,720.49
Bank: 7,719.71
Wiki Edits: 20694
Yes I was restarting the server it should be up now thought

I need to know which pages are giving you 404 so I check what's happening
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon