Sinner

Souls: 4,165.30
Bank: 16,212.00
Wiki Edits: 118
Tell stories.
Ask questions.
Seek advice.

Bring the lulz pls.

Also, since it's flirting with the forum rules :devil: keep everything tasteful and in accordance with your country/state's laws.

To start us off; how often do you go to get tested at a clinic? Am booked in for next Tuesday. No symptoms though and pretty confident she'll be right, just doing it to be safe.

Also who among us are single and who are in steady relationships? Single master race here.
Make a list of the things that make you happy.
Make a list of the things you do every day.
Compare.
Adjust accordingly.

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 587.00
Bank: 12,238.00
Wiki Edits: 703
Still single here lol... I don't think I'm able to hold a relationship (however good it might be/look) for long, I have various flaws that many find unforgivable like balding, stuttering (it actually started since Summer), talking too much (especially the fields I like to study and others seem to avoid) (Umm... Nerd?) etc.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
What, still here?

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 4,545.00
Wiki Edits: 88
I've decided to be asexual for a while. After all I've been through this year. Jumping right back on the horse seemed like a good idea at first, but ended up being anything but. It was nice to have a short distraction, but I think I've lost my mind a little bit since everything happened. Looking back on how I handled being with another girl right away, I'm pretty embarrassed about some of the things I did. I think subconsciously I was trying to just pick up where my last relationship had left off, and obviously that didn't work out so well. Just wasn't thinking clearly, I think understandably so. So I've decided to just keep to myself for a while, until I feel I've healed more completely. It's just going to take some time.

On a lighter note, there was a girl who evidently was really really into me secretly all throughout high school. And the night she decided to finally do something about it was at a big house party. I'd been in prime form that night, celebrating something. Can't remember what. 3 am rolled around and I was passed out in the heaviest sense of the word, in a back bedroom, and she came in and tried to wake me up after flirting with me all night. I don't remember any of this, but I'm told that I pushed her off of me, off of the couch entirely, and then rolled over and threw up into her shoes, and went back to sleep. So that went pretty well.
PSN: PlasticandRage

All Great Men Have Mustaches

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 66.00
Bank: 16,386.50
Wiki Edits: 3
PlasticandRage wrote:On a lighter note, there was a girl who evidently was really really into me secretly all throughout high school. And the night she decided to finally do something about it was at a big house party. I'd been in prime form that night, celebrating something. Can't remember what. 3 am rolled around and I was passed out in the heaviest sense of the word, in a back bedroom, and she came in and tried to wake me up after flirting with me all night. I don't remember any of this, but I'm told that I pushed her off of me, off of the couch entirely, and then rolled over and threw up into her shoes, and went back to sleep. So that went pretty well.

Smooth B-) ....as a vomit slicked floor.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

yeah women love that. It's like accessorizing.

Hart

Insomniac
Sinner

ElCazador wrote:Still single here lol... I don't think I'm able to hold a relationship (however good it might be/look) for long, I have various flaws that many find unforgivable like balding, stuttering (it actually started since Summer), talking too much (especially the fields I like to study and others seem to avoid) (Umm... Nerd?) etc.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Have you made and progress in telling her how you feel?

Also
>balding
Depending how far back your hair line has receded, it might be time to bite the bullet and embrace the fully shaved look. Otherwise just get a haircut that works, a close friend of mine has been balding since he turned 17 and after 2 years of trying to deny it, he got it close cropped and looks much better. Also see if you can find a pic of our very own Pierre here on Fextralife; not sure if hes balding but he rocks the close crop very well IMO.

>stuttering
Is it caused by anxiety or something else? I remember reading about a treatment that involved a device in your ear that transmitted your voice as you spoke, as it is apparently easier for people with a stammer to talk along to something than to talk off the cuff. Maybe check into that?

>talking too much
No such thing. Just make sure you try to talk about the opposite party as much as you do about yourself and you're golden. People will often be grateful for it when they run out of things to talk about. Unless you are both very comfortable with one another eventually there will be a lull in conversation that can become awkward. In these cases being able to prattle on about anything with passion is an asset.

>weird/nerdy interests

Dude I get into Warhammer 40K, D&D, bonsai, gardening and a host of other things that most of my friends aren't the least bit interested in. Get some confidence and rather than these being flaws, they'll be charming quirks in your personality that make you stand out. Do you know how many people have literally no hobbies beyond going out drinking/partying?

TLDR: None of your 'flaws' seem all that serious. I'd suggest getting a haircut and maybe some speech therapy (is that what it's called?) for those two problems until you're secure in how you look/sound. That confidence will in turn help you be more open about your interests with people, and you'll be surprised who might want to learn about them (I remember explaining to one of my friends how valence electrons and the general structure of atoms related to the periodic table. Weird convo but enjoyable).

PlasticandRage wrote:I've decided to be asexual for a while. After all I've been through this year. Jumping right back on the horse seemed like a good idea at first, but ended up being anything but. It was nice to have a short distraction, but I think I've lost my mind a little bit since everything happened. Looking back on how I handled being with another girl right away, I'm pretty embarrassed about some of the things I did. I think subconsciously I was trying to just pick up where my last relationship had left off, and obviously that didn't work out so well. Just wasn't thinking clearly, I think understandably so. So I've decided to just keep to myself for a while, until I feel I've healed more completely. It's just going to take some time.

On a lighter note, there was a girl who evidently was really really into me secretly all throughout high school. And the night she decided to finally do something about it was at a big house party. I'd been in prime form that night, celebrating something. Can't remember what. 3 am rolled around and I was passed out in the heaviest sense of the word, in a back bedroom, and she came in and tried to wake me up after flirting with me all night. I don't remember any of this, but I'm told that I pushed her off of me, off of the couch entirely, and then rolled over and threw up into her shoes, and went back to sleep. So that went pretty well.

Can't imagine going through what you did man. Sounds really healthy though; taking time out to focus on yourself before looking for companionship again. Nothing more to say really just GJDM, not sure I'd have it in me to do that rather than spiralling out of control.
Compare.
Adjust accordingly.

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Oh I definitely did my share. I got a new tattoo, bought a motorcycle on a whim without having a license, knowing how to ride, or really knowing anything about motorcycles, and I relapsed a couple of times for the first time in 6 years. I'm doing much better now though. Back in control. I'm myself again. It's been a long road, and I know I'm not finished with it yet, probably never totally will be, but I'm through the rockier part I think. I think she'd like knowing in some small way, that a result of it was that it inspired me to randomly buy a bike. I can see her liking the idea. And ultimately I'm happy with the decision. Learning all about it and how to ride and work on it was a really nice productive distraction, and really enjoyed all of it. Just impatiently waiting for spring now so I can resume enjoying it.

Hart wrote:
>weird/nerdy interests

Dude I get into Warhammer 40K, D&D, bonsai, gardening and a host of other things that most of my friends aren't the least bit interested in. Get some confidence and rather than these being flaws, they'll be charming quirks in your personality that make you stand out. Do you know how many people have literally no hobbies beyond going out drinking/partying?

Yeah, nerd is the new black man. There's a whole slew of girls who love all the same stuff, and would love a guy who does too. I just started spending time with a girl who has a bunch of star wars tattoos, plays video games, and understands my obscure 80's pop culture references. Being a nerd is good.

VIP

PrimeraEspada91

Lifetime Subscriber
Substitute Emperor

Souls: 17,946.50
Wiki Edits: 1837
How often: depends on your level of interaction with others

Single or Taken: Single
What could have been, what should have been, is nothing more than a feverishly sweet dream left unshared.
Shop IconShop Icon

Shimeon

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,389.00
Wiki Edits: 2
I'm polyamorous, have a relationship I spend a lot of time with and another friend with benefit, while being open to other romantic or sexual relationships (though I'm not really into relationship that are strictly of a sexual nature...I need at least some friendly connection and mutual interest or else it feels boring and lacking in depth).

I agree with Hart. Often, lots of people discredit themselves by their own lack of self-confidence. Appearance isn't everything and in most cases can be turned in your favor if you accept your own looks and play around it. Same with character... Working on oneself is the beginning of any healthy relationship.

As for the weird/nerdy part... I'm an occultist, gamer, painter, sci-fi nerd who read comic books, watch too many series and like (good) anime. I don't think these are flaws, and if you take pride in yourself and shamelessness toward your interests, you will always find people who can be a match for you.

I only recently accepted that due to the fact that I'm into non-monogamy and am quite into weird stuff, finding partners online through dating websites may be the best way to go about finding similar people. It's not perfect and may seem superficial at first, but I met quite a few interesting people since I've tried it. Meeting with people sharing similar interest, especially if they are part of a subculture, in community events or stuff like that, is also helpful, be it for romantic interests or just to make friends.

Hart

Insomniac
Sinner

Shimeon wrote:I'm polyamorous, have a relationship I spend a lot of time with and another friend with benefit, while being open to other romantic or sexual relationships (though I'm not really into relationship that are strictly of a sexual nature...I need at least some friendly connection and mutual interest or else it feels boring and lacking in depth).

Legit living the dream mayne.

How did you and your current GF meet? Same regarding your FWB.

I'm currently seeing/sleeping with someone regularly but am unsure how I want to move forward. Could definitely see myself getting into a relationship with her; she's interesting, fun, and the sex is epic. But I'm not ready for a relationship I don't think, not emotionally mature enough.
Currently not slooting around with other people because having got to know her, she's fallen hard and it would hurt her.

Opinions on wut do?
Currently stuck between GFing her and seeing how things go, or backing off and keeping it strictly sex and friends.
Compare.
Adjust accordingly.