Wiki: Visit the Fallout 76 Wiki
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 25927
Now now, don't run away! We have the Fallout 4 WIki creation in full swing, but if you haven't been following the news bits, this game is going to be massive in content. Much more so than Fallout 3, especially with the addition of the crafting system which looks deep and awesome so far. There is going to be a a lot to do in page creation, to catalog all the various items, mods, weapons, quests etc that come up so we are going to keep things organized via this thread. Post ideas, challenges, updates here and we can stay well and coordinated! The wiki needs some tender loving care and We Want You!

Ok so our progress so far is we have the basic navigation framework pretty well set. There may be some minor changes here or there as more info goes out. We are presently in the process of creating templates for all the large categories: Weapons, Armor, Mods, Items, Materials, Enemies, Locations, NPCs. Once we get those templates formalized we will need a lot of help creating the individual pages for each category. It will be really straightforward work. It's pretty crazy just how much info is already out there ready to be wikid.

Pages like weapons and armor are ready to be populated with the info that is already out there:
https://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons
https://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor

All of those pages are created for the individual pieces we know about and can be filled in.

Things the wiki needs:
  • Tables filled with relevant data
  • Images for weapons, armor, items, etc
  • As you're reading articles that cover the game, any tidbits of info can be added to their relevant pages, even if it's only a sentence or two. The key is to just get it on there, we can go back through and clean it up later
  • Screenshots, videos and concept art that can be added to the wiki as well as get information from
  • Help spread the word by sharing links with friends and fellow gamers on useful pages and giving those helpful pages a Google +1

Beyond that this is the perfect time for suggestions and ideas. The more that we kick around now, the better organized the wiki will be when the game releases. We are all already excitedly discussing the game so this is a great opportunity to work together on creating something. As you know, wikis are the lifeblood of the site and the better they are the better for the whole community here!

(In his most iconic image, Vault Boy is seen smiling, with one eye closed, an arm outstretched, fist clenched with a thumb raised. This has been commonly misinterpreted as a “thumbs-up” signal to the viewer. In reality, it's an old, pre-war disaster preparation sign. Supposedly, if you were unfortunate enough to be outdoors in the vicinity of a nuclear attack, you were supposed to stick your thumb in the air. If the blast cloud was smaller than your thumb, you were outside the danger zone.)
This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Gaming News, Guides & Reviews / Gaming Wikis / Join VIP
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

This site is a bonfire. Thank you all for kindling it. "No rest for the wikid."- the eldritch wisdom of Skarekrow13

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Vahn_Narsamee

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,554.00
Wiki Edits: 1
I really like the interface for the Wiki. Love the amount of green used, really fits with the HUD of the game. Looks awesome! Can't wait for the game to come out so we can work extensively on the wiki.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Thanks for the feedback! Anything you are seeing that could be added, improved?

I'm looking forward to this as well. Going to be some looooooooooong nights of aimless wandering, scavenging, exploring and wiki updating. Sounds like masochistic fun!

Vahn_Narsamee

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,554.00
Wiki Edits: 1
From a web designer's perspective, the interface is overall neat. The thing that initially drew me to Fextralife forums was how organized and well done the wikis were. This new Fallout 4 wiki is definitely on par with the rest of them. So, great work! If anything needs to be improved we will most likely have to wait until information has filled those empty pages. But overall, the font is lore friendly while remaining legible. The colors aren't too bright and are lore friendly.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
VIP

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Quick update https://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/

Most, if not all available pages have been created with them populated with bits of data that have come out through gameplay footage. Need some data filled in for the individual weapons such as: https://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/Pipe+Pistol

The data is out there for a few of those other weapons, specifically the mods that can be applied to them.

Still in need of some of the images for the weapons and armor that have been shown, they can be added right to the individual item pages.

As always, let know if you have any suggestions!

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 587.00
Bank: 12,238.00
Wiki Edits: 703
Hunter at your service.
I will mostly update ways of hunting. I'm just waiting for the right moment (game to be released).
What, still here?

JudasBlitzkrieg

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,955.50
Wiki Edits: 231
FYI, I'll be beasting the quest walkthroughs as best I can. Or at least getting one path through each quest nailed down. I'll be adding relevant walkthrough videos to the wiki too.
Check out my YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGadgetAddicts

Check out my Dark Souls 3 Walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... moP2TORJLH

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,573.50
Wiki Edits: 46
Okay so here's some information on several stuff about the Wiki:

At the moment its impossible to get a list of all the inidividual mods. The Survival Guide states that its part of the eGuide which is unavailable to download until the game's release.

Armor doesn't have specific Light or Heavy catergories, due to the nature of being able to mix and match armor pieces, sets like "Leather Armor" are listed with ther indivudual pieces and variants (e.g, Sturdy Leather/Heavy Leather) There's also stuff like Heavy Super Mutant Armor, which is companion-only.

The guide's official armor listing is:

Clothing
Outfits
Armor Pieces
Headgear
Accessories
Power Armor
Specialty Items
Legendary Effects and Unique Apparel

The "Legendary Weapons" tabs need a name change to "Unique Weapons". Legendary refers to weapons with a randomised effect added to it, having been dropped from a Legendary enemy. There is a table with all the names and effects listed.

As stated in my thread earlier, the weapons in the guide are listed differently to how the Wiki is set up. The guide doesn't seperate by Energy/Radiation. Rather it goes by Non-automatic/automatic/heavy etc. I imagine we'd be wanting to keep the wiki formatting as it is? If so I'll try and careful fill in the tables as they are currently.

In the meantime I can update other information like the bobbleheads as that's currently needs very little change to the wiki.

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,573.50
Wiki Edits: 46
The Bobbleheads page has now been fully updated.

Edit: I've updated the Ammo page to match that of the Guide's listing. Though it seems Energy Cell and Plasma Cell have had name changes in Fallout 4, now going by Fusion Cell and Plasma Cartridge.