VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Hmm, I liked it quite a bit. I still prefer the movie version, though. Either way, showing the BoG story in episodic format was okay for me, but that certainly isn't the case for Pirate and some others. I'm so ready for the story beyond BoG.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I'll just read it, maybe look up especially cool fight scenes and watch those. It's so easy to blow through even the longest manga in like 40 minutes that going too slow isn't really an issue unless you're running out of space as a result, so I shouldn't have that complaint.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 49,551.50
Wiki Edits: 127
Seeing instead of hearing how much a threat Beerus is, is what made it worthwhile to see stretched out.

The movie didn't cover the enormity of how much power Goku and Beerus were putting out. The show even had a better showing of Beerus training and softening up to Goku.

I like how both BOG movie and DB Super portrayed the fight. The movie had the better Dialogue but the show had the better fight scenes.

When I first found out that BOG and ROF were getting retold in the Anime I was excited. It might be because I felt the Movies were too rushed. The Anime may have some filler in it, but it isn't nearly as bad as all the DBZ filler that was shown when it originally aired. It felt more like watching a continuation of DBZ Kai where even though it was filler it had decent pacing.

Shop Icon

Forum_Pirate

Duke's Archivist
Judge

Souls: 23,006.50
Wiki Edits: 18
I don't agree that it had better fight scenes, (it had longer fight scenes, but filled with that non-tension and way too long) nor that in BoG we were merely told instead of shown how powerful he was. We see his wasabi fit trash several planets, we see him trash buu (the same buu who it has already been established could destroy the galaxy given time) and gohan (who's even stronger because he's still beyond the need to transform to reach full power) at the same time.

The human mind cannot comprehend the amount of energy necessary to end a galaxy or a universe or the gap between those amounts so "showing" us that means nothing and BoG made it abundantly clear exactly how powerful he is using the only metric that we can comprehend: the characters whose powers we already know. He was using less than 10% of his strength when he took out goku in 2 blows and is obviously not taking it the least bit seriously, this puts his power in a really easily understandable frame. The amount of effort he used to fight goku is around the same amount of effort I'd use to bench press 20 pounds, that not only tells me exactly how ridiculous his power is but it's clearly displayed when he thrashes the whole crew without breaking a sweat and endures Vegetas planet busting Galik gun completely unharmed.
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions"
- George W. Bush

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Forum Pirate,

IDK if you have been reading the Manga, but it skipped the ROF arc and has given some nice spoilers for the Anime about the Universe 6 arc.

If the Anime is too boring for you, you might enjoy the pacing of the Manga.

Shop Icon

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

A humorous lighthearted episode this week

Shop Icon
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Alkaiser wrote:Goku is now filthy rich :-O

Well, Chi chi spent all that money now. :twistedevil:
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

NPC_invader

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 10
Vegeta is falling so low for that training. I don't remember him being like that... oh wait... Majin Vegeta, yeah he would do whatever just to get stronger.

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

He just wants to be the strongest so bad.

Shop Icon

dn1nd

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Anyone Still Watching it?

Shop Icon