For the PvP nuts! Debate tactics, discuss builds, and set up duels. Play nice.

Draconzis

Souls: 70.00
I was originally going for a faith tank build, but I have not leveled neither my faith nor attunement at all with this build, so I am thinking about going full tank and dumping the remainder of my levels into HP and endurance. My equiptment is heavy already, but I would prefer to have a crossbow as well, so should I put a level or two into endurance to get there? (Going to level 125 for pvp) If I do do faith I want to at least be able to cast great lightning spear, but preferably sunlight spear, and preferably 3 attunement slots. Any suggestions?Image

Also, I am currently wearing full Havel's (as well as shield and ring) with the Demon Great Axe and Thorolund Talisman. I have already decided that I am going to be using the Demon Great Axe for sure, but should I change the armour and shield? If so, to what? I am wanting decent protection against all forms of damage.

Satoshi

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 40.00
Hello. It's been some time since I've made a serious build, so this might not be the most "hyper optimized" build, however, what I made will hopefully be of some help.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/434972

It uses the Giant set, which has the highest physical defense in the game when upgraded, and is lighter than Havel's set. All of the extra poise isn't needed if you have 91 with the Giant's set.

The Greatshield of Artorias has the highest stability in the game, and also has reasonable elemental defenses, and is also much lighter than Havel's greatshield.

I took into account that you wanted to be a tank, and gave the build 50 vitality, as it's quite a good number to have if you are meaning to take some damage.

I made sure that with the Ring of Favor and Protection and Havel's Ring that you would be able to at least mid roll in order to not be completely suffering in terms of mobility.

Keeping Heal as a backup spell is quite good, and I also added Magic Barrier, which gives you a lot of magic defense so you can tank spells with relative ease.

Overall, the build is good for tanking both physical, magic, and fire attacks, but lightning, while not devastating, will cause a decent hit. With being able to mid roll, you should be able to dodge most lightning attacks, though.

I could not make an effective build using Great Lightning Spear unless the build will be over 50% equip burden, which essentially gets rid of dodging for an option.

Draconzis

Souls: 70.00
Satoshi wrote: -snip-

Thank you for the build! However, I am actually quite fine with the fat roll, so I will cut down on the endurance and redistribute it to another level of attunement and faith. You have really helped me make up my mind, thanks again.

Satoshi

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 40.00
My pleasures.

However, if you are fine with fat rolling, then I can provide a decent build for that as well. It enables you to use Havel's Greatshield, which has, by far, the best defenses in the entire game, blocking all physical attacks, and nearly all forms of elemental and magic damage.

I changed the Light Crossbow to the Heavy Crossbow in order to have higher damage and push your equipment to the weight limit.

Removing Havel's Ring at 40 endurance will let you use any other ring in the game.

The example build below uses the Cloranthy Ring, as without it, you will be constantly starved for stamina.

Other possible choices are the Red Tearstone Ring in order to provide large hits when you get to low health, as with a tank, you will be taking many hits.

Another choice, while not as recommended, is the Thunder Stoneplate Ring. It gives you a decent amount of lightning defense, however, with Havel's shield and your armor, you should be able to take many hits from a lightning weapon easily.

My final suggestion, while looked down upon, is the Hornet Ring. With the Hornet Ring and the Demon's Great Axe, you can deal an overwhelmingly high amount of damage, to the point of one-shotting certain builds with a backstab.

I changed Magic Barrier to Great Magic Barrier, making it so that with the spell and blocking with Havel's Greatshield, you should take a very negligible amount of damage.

I changed Heal to Great Heal...I think that's self explanatory.

I added one Attunement slot, and with the fact that you should not, especially with your build, have your Vitality under 50, and Endurance under 40, I was sadly unable to get your Faith up to the point it needed, so I was only able to get you Lightning Spear.

https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/435109

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 82
Fat rolls in this game get easily killed. It's not because of the roll, but it's how slow your character walks. Backstab fishing is more easily done on you, and your ability to counter bs by counter strafing is hindered because you walk so slow. The medium roll or higher speed roll are a must for PvP imo.

I have a tank that medium rolls and he's very successful in what he does. You gotta be careful in your weapon choice as well. The DGA is a weapon that shines in its roll and sprint attacks. Its regular R1 are very easily dodged. It's a weapon that's very difficult to use in PvP, and a tank won't be able to use it effectively.

I'd recommend a weapon that has stunlock and good regular R1s, such as some greatswords and UGS's. Even a regular longsword could be deadly if used in the right way. A good shield is very useful for a tank, you may want to experiment with greatshields, though their Str requirement is quite high. I prefer medium shields because of this. In this game any type of spear or rapier is a must as a backup weapon. You'll see why as you get experience, if you play long enough of course lol.

As you already get past 50 Str (don't spend any more on this!) you should use the Demon Great Machete. Anyone caught in its slow R1s should be stunlocked for a few amount of hits. Its roll attacks are good, but don't rely on them, since your roll can get you killed. Another good Str weapon is the Man Serpent Greatsword. Great 1H R1 that can stunlock.

If you want to use miracles go for it. Stop at 30 Fth and get Sunlight Blade or Darkmoon Blade, and your weapon will get stronger. Duelists will also cheese you but w/e. Wrath of the Gods is a must, I like having 2 scrolls at least. Great Magic Barrier is excellent for a tank. Sunlight Spear are better left off for a specialized, pure cleric build. It misses a lot in PvP and needs high Dex for max casting speed. Hope this helps, DkS1 is my second favorite in the series (Bloodborne is the first lol).
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WorldspineWurm

Casual
Convict

Souls: 334.00
You've invested too many valuable points into STR to salvage this build for PvP, but I'm sure you'll complete the game just fine. Post here if you decide to make a new character, I would be more than happy to help you plan for a successful PvP build.
"The Wurm's Wake."
Mad Wizard Of Lordran.