Anything without a home!

mugenis4real

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 10.00
Heyyy everybody! I just started the Insanity fitness program by BeachBody and holy hell is this thing intense! :affraid:

Just wondering if there is anybody else out there who has tried and completed any BeachBody programs. I looked into Insanity and saw a ton of good reviews, I have also seen a ton of stuff about P90X but I don't have the equipment for it at the moment so I figured Insanity was the way to go.

How do you workout?
What do you eat for recovery after a session?
Any tips for a beginner?
Why did you start working out and getting into shape?

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 4,545.00
Wiki Edits: 88
When I'm not nursing a flayed limb back to health I go for a 2 hour hike with a full 65 pound pack on every day. It's great for cardio training. I also don't eat anything after like 6 pm. Eating and then going to sleep is really bad if you're trying to lose weight.

Also if you're just starting out and you plan on working yourself pretty rigorously remember to hydrate yourself. It's an easy thing to neglect. If I'm going lifting I try to put down a liter of water during the hour before I go. Dehydration headaches can be unbearable.
PSN: PlasticandRage

All Great Men Have Mustaches

Maneater_Mildred

Revived
Savior

Souls: 441.00
Bank: 1,467.00
My workouts might be abit different to what you are doing as my main focus is stamina.

Half an hour on the boxing bag and half an hour with my katana, 3 times a week.

I have a complan milkshake as my after workout fuel.
#buffsunring
Raegn21 wrote:dont even get me started on the avelyn... procs it every time from a safe distance. ridiculous.

Shkar wrote:Dear Fromsoft:
Rock is too OP; please nerf it. Paper is fine though.
- Scissors

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I've heard heavy bags can be crazy workouts. I've never had the opportunity. The gym here really isn't very good.

VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Heavy bags can be nuts. Currently my routine is carrying a 30lb toddler all over the place. It used to be a couple hours of martial arts a night. Strength training was a variety of pushups including from hand stand position. Also weapons training. The one that really worked was my ax, fifteen pounds of wrought iron with a leather wrapped handle. Used to one hand it but would lose a limb these days. Don't forget mental training. Stress can damper the body's ability so take care of your noggin. In my martial arts glory days that meant meditation now and then. Most effectively outdoors in winter. Below zero helps me focus.

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Serious_Much

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 2,231.00
Bank: 7,705.66
Wiki Edits: 22
I don't workout.. lol
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Shop IconShop Icon

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

skarekrow13 wrote:Heavy bags can be nuts. Currently my routine is carrying a 30lb toddler all over the place.

I imagine that really is a work out. Carrying dead weight is one thing, but when you're carrying something that's squirming and trying to get away from you I bet it's a lot harder. Have you ever used a chopping axe to chop wood? I kind of live off the grid during the summers, I have a cabin that's entirely heated by a wood burning stove, and not only is the chopping an absolute blast when you get the hang of the motion, but it's a good workout too.

VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Oh god yeah. You'll laugh immediately at this. Was watching my neighbor try to cut a three inch log with an ax. He insisted on swinging straight into it rather than at an angle. Took fifteen minutes with me wondering when I'd need to call the ambulance the whole time.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

PlasticandRage

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

I have to admit the first time I tried to chop wood with an axe I totally missed the piece of wood and nearly chopped my foot off at the ankle instead. Good thing I have mongoose-like reflexes or I may be a bit shorter.

Maneater_Mildred

Revived
Savior

Souls: 441.00
Bank: 1,467.00
My bag is 120 kg(260ish lbs) and is ment for kicking and puching(great fun) a good half of my sword work is done at 1/4 speed and after a half hour of full body kicking and punching the burn of moving so slow is intense.

My meditation is 80% built around meditating on the 'book of fire rings' or 'the art of war'

Edit lol at the wood chopping stories..
#buffsunring
Raegn21 wrote:dont even get me started on the avelyn... procs it every time from a safe distance. ridiculous.

Shkar wrote:Dear Fromsoft:
Rock is too OP; please nerf it. Paper is fine though.
- Scissors