Discuss wiki content and organization here.

Darkson

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 103.00
Wiki Edits: 1
If anything, on these pages, shouldn't we just (only) provide links to sites that feature great collections of fan-made artwork/comics/concepts etc. rather than chaotically fill the pages with random images and videos?
If we have what feels like INFINITE amounts of fan-made content on the internet and if sites like DeviantArt (or this forum) exist then what is the use of posting anything directly on those Wiki pages?
I know all that may seem kind of obvious and I know that no one seems to use those pages anymore anyway but I wanted to mention it because I think something needs to be done about them. They need at least some structure.

Also, about the "Comedy" page:
I created it myself back then... when I was actually still new to that whole, well... world wibe web thing... (and my english was a lot worse... I'm not even sure if "Comedy" is a proper name for this section lol)
Back then I just copied random pics I came across on the internwebz and posted them there. Which seems really kind of pointless when I look at it now, to say the least. :>
One thing that does (kind of) make a little more sense is people from the forums posting their OWN stuff right there. But then again why wouldn't you just use something like DeviantArt or the forum itself? You know, just any site with actual structure...

So I wonder if the "Comedy" page should just be deleted maybe. I don't think it's that much of a great concept really. lol

Anyway, I'd be grateful for some opinions.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 304,006.49
Bank: 8,113.71
Wiki Edits: 23592
While I understand that both pages are more of the technically irrelevant side, they are still used and appreciated. I know there are sites dedicated to both of those, but they are usually not for one game. I usually contact artists doing stuff pre release and add their works to the page, it's nice to get a quick overview of what is out there
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Darkson

Insomniac
Sinner

Fexelea wrote:While I understand that both pages are more of the technically irrelevant side, they are still used and appreciated. I know there are sites dedicated to both of those, but they are usually not for one game. I usually contact artists doing stuff pre release and add their works to the page, it's nice to get a quick overview of what is out there

Sorry, there is so much unclear to me - What sites dedicated to both of what? You mean other sites dedicated to fan art and comedy? But not for one game? Why not?
What artists doing what pre release what?
I don't mean to sound disrespectful, I just really genuinely don't understand what you mean. :>

Just to make it clear: I'm specifically only talking about the fan art and comedy page on the DS1 Wiki.

The comedy page I created on the DS1 Wiki consists of images I myself copy-and-pasted from random sites long time ago (which I think was very pointless for all the reasons I stated in the OP) - and one image some other member added. And it stayed this way since forever now. No one is using it. And why would they? There is no structure of any sort, just an endless chain of images that don't even belong to the person who posted them. That is the reason I just feel weird when looking at this page and wonder why I even made it.

As for the fan art page: I guess I'm mainly just questioning the layout, I think...
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Hi

I'm looking for new layout for fan-art, but the page itself is a staple on all our wikis. I think having pages on the wiki dedicated to listing art and jokes is a good way to get both of those fan resources listed in one page.

You may not see changes, but the pages have thousands of views, so they are not as irrelevant as they may appear.

I think we should pretty them up, and add the authors as links as we have been doing in the more recent incarnations: https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Fan+Art
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Darkson

Insomniac
Sinner

Hm, I was thinking maybe we should restructure and divide everything into more pages.

For example:

• Fan Art
    • Cartoons/Comics
    • Wallpapers
    • Videos (?)
    • Music (?)
    • (etc.)
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Could this work with some subheadings? I'm in Bloodborneland at the moment but if you have a strong vision we can make it work :)